Texture changes...what's the cause?

chayil0427

Hello all

My hair has been a 4a in top and a 4b in back. Yet lately I'm noticing that the 4b part is extremely thick, frizzy, tightly coiled and almost impossible to comb. :wallbash: What could be the cause of my hair getting like this and what do you recommend to soften this thick rug of 4z newgrowth I have going on back here.

Chayil

tkj25

when my hair gets drawn up & unruly like this, it's usually screaming for hydration -- water, moisture, deep conditioning .... what i do is use a moisture spray on my hair (water, veg. glycerin, 'lil conditioner mixed), & let it sit for a minute. then finger separate first to loosen the hair. then gently comb through -- in small sections (6-10), stopping to finger separate any serious tangles. as you finish one section, twist or clip it away & move to the next. once the whole head is detangled, apply your deep contioner & let it sit for 30 mins to 1 hr (with or without heat -- but heat usually seems to work better for me). then rinse the dc in sections, no-poo or shampoo, style & go.:grin:

this takes time, but you will thank yourself later when your hair is still thick & not broken because you took the time to care for it, & not give in to frustration. you can do it.:yep::yep::yep:

Your Cheeziness

Applying conditioner with a brush like a relaxer helps me pay attention to my new growth and give it the conditioning it needs. The longer I stretch, the more the new growth will start to be more manageable when dealing with two textures.

chayil0427

Thanks ladies.... I had forgotten about the old conditioner with the brush trick. That's what I've been thinking is that my NG is just really super dry and that's why it's acting crazy.

Anymore advice?

Chayil