Texturized / Curly ladies... Wash N' Go products???

AceH

Texturized / Curly ladies... Wash N\' Go products???

<font color="blue"> What products are you using to achieve your wash n' go look?? I currently use Softsheen Gold activator, but after half a day, I'm all frizzed out. I thought about using gel, but I can't spare the moisture if ya know what I mean. I'm at a loss. My wash n' go is okay for a little while, then I just revert and put my hair in a bun. What products are you using?? What steps to do take to achieve your wash n' go?? modelchick?? Others?? </font>

model_chick717

Re: Texturized / Curly ladies... Wash N\' Go products???

Right now I'm using a discontinued product called Loosely Defined (finishing up a few bottles I still have left)--but I use to use Elasta QP Mango Butter with a little gel (Fantasia IC)--and that would hold all day. I will probably go back to that regimen after I've used all the Loosely Defined. I also plan to try Aveda Be Curly--as I've heard some really good things about it. HTH! /images/graemlins/wave.gif

AceH

<font color="blue"> so you use a moisturizing product THEN a gel... okay, sounds good to me. So you just wash your hair, apply those products, then go right?? Do you detangle or do anything else for styling? TIA </font>

model_chick717

No, when ever I wear my hair wash-n-go, I wet my hair in the shower and let the stream of water detangle. After I get out of the shower, I apply the products and go. I usually put on a really skinny headband that I have so that as it dries, it dries off my face. I think when you comb the hair too much, it makes the hair frizzy and stops the curls from "clumping". After my hair is nearly dry, I take a wide toothed pick and sort of pick out my roots to create more volume--but DO NOT take the pic all the way through to the ends...

AceH

<font color="blue"> Alrighty... The info is very helpful BTW. Thanks modelchick /images/graemlins/grin.gif </font>

H

honey_jammz82

I like cdhm and jessicurl's rockin ringlets, I don't use gel in my hair because it weighs it down.

AceH

<font color="blue"> Thanks HJ /images/graemlins/smile.gif </font>

Queenie

I use Infusium 23 leave-in, vegetable glycerine, coconut/olive oil, then a lot of Citre Shine Making Waves Curl Booster, and Loreal Out of Bed whipped gel. My hair has to be soaking wet for it to work.

blkbuttahflyy

Loc'd 12/04 ~ 07/12.

andreamaria: I have used Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding, but didn't like the crunch it gave me. Maybe that's why Curve has the Buttercreme as well, but I didn't purchase it. Right now, I really like Beyond the Zone's Noodlehead available at Sally's. I co-wash daily and that, combined with a leave in condition before the Noodlehead and a lil Elasta QP Mango Butter after I have dried, and I am set. I also find that too much manipulation gives me waves, not curls.

Queenie: What results do you get from your concoction, if you don't mind my asking? Do you make a batch of it ahead of time or just put them in separately?

antrunette

Beyond the Zone super sexy styling sauce is also good. You can get it at Sally's. It is like the noodlehead (and by the same company) but it is a much thicker cream.

Yetta

/images/graemlins/newbie.gif
I've learned so much from you ladies, I figured I could add on the one routine that worked for me.

I don't know if my wash n' go is all that moisturizing .....I use CD Hairmilk to comb out my hair with a big afro pick before I get in the shower, I conditioner wash while I'm in the shower, then I rub FrizzEase curl gel and Lorel curl defining gel (in the wavy bottle) through my hair, oh- and I use Motions leave-in.

And I agree with modelchick- combing messes up the curl pattern so when I was wearing a wash n' go daily, I only combed my hair out once or twice a week.

Zola

This is good stuff. /images/graemlins/up.gif
Thank you ladies for all of the good information in this thread.

Welcome Yetta /images/graemlins/weird.gif

AceH

<font color="blue"> Thanks ladies /images/graemlins/kiss.gif </font>