Texturized ladies.....

Tonya

Why did you decide to texturize? How do you wear your ahir the majority of them time?
I ask because I wanted the best of both world's but someone toldme if u want curly hair u should shy away from straight styles??? Plus my hair is harder to straigten with texturizer and not as silky.

Queenie

I did it because my hair frizzes out very easily and refuses to stay straight. Now I am wearing my hair in twist outs. I plan to be a regular wash'n wear in another 6-8 mon.

buffalosoldier

I did it to take some of the frizz out and help with the thickness. It doesnt look that much different but it makes a world of difference if that makes any sense.
I usually wear it curly but lately Im straigtening it and getting REALLY good salon results using a ceramic flat iron (solia)
My last S-curl application LOL was august and Im now gonna take a break from chemicals for a bit maybe forever who knows. (yeah right)

To be honest Im not clear what you are asking !!!

Tonya

SOmeone stated that if you are texturized you should were curly styles only and not straight styles becuase it relaxes your curl. I guess I am trying to see how versitle this texturizer thing is.

suncypress

i've never heard that wearing straight styles would relax the curl of someone who is texturized. the person who told you that, did they explain why that was supposed to be the case?

i chose to texturize b/c my hair is really thick and i wanted to spend less time on styling. like buffalosoldier said, it doesn't look hugely different but it really makes a lot of difference in terms of making my life easier, by reducing the "bulk" of my hair.

i don't wear straight styles though--don't like to use all that heat on my hair. but i don't think that if i chose to straight style it would "relax my curl." i think texturizers are pretty versatile.

Ginsana

I texturized because I could not handle the frizzness of natural hair. (That whole fuzzy halo effect you get when you wear your hair out) My hair when texturized correctly loosens the curls and makes it easier to wear my hair both curly and straight (which I am yet to do). Right now I'm doing the wig challenge because I don't have time to style my hair and all that jazmataz, but I usually wear ponytails with some help (weave). It looks cute IMO and protects my ends until it gets as long as yours /images/graemlins/smile.gif
I straightened my hair a little bit recently just to see where I am in terms of growth and it straightened quick. When I washed my hair later, the curls came right back.
I don't know that heat can make your texturized curls relax with one try, but I'm thinking this could happen if you straighten your hair frequently.

I guess its all about moderation.

~Ginsana

model_chick717

Actually, I think it's good to wear straight styles every now and then because texturized hair (at least mine) tends to revert more and more as time passes since the last touch-up. When I wear my hair in a straighter style (for me, rollerset) it tends to make my hair behave better when I switch back to wash-n-wear... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
[ QUOTE ]
Tonya said:
Why did you decide to texturize? How do you wear your ahir the majority of them time?
I ask because I wanted the best of both world's but someone toldme if u want curly hair u should shy away from straight styles??? Plus my hair is harder to straigten with texturizer and not as silky.

[/ QUOTE ]

I decided to texturize because I had a great deal of shrinkage with air-dried natural hair that was not manipulated. I did not like the look of twist-outs and braid-outs on my hair. My hair is very thick. Texturizing reduced the shrinkage and saved me time caring for my hair. I like the look of twist-outs/braid-outs on my texturized hair. I can wear it straight and it does not revert unless it gets wet. It looks and feels straight, soft, and silky. I have been wearing it straight for about the past 6 weeks or so. I am washing/deep conditioning it once per week and the style lasts all week with no frizz. I use the 1" Jilbere Ceramic Tools porcelain flat iron to straighten my hair after air-drying and it works very well and straightens easily. I'd previously tried another one, but it did not work as well. This one has 30 temperature settings.

suncypress

curlycrly, you might be my hair twin! (esp that pic from Nov. 2002--i was like, did she sneak up on me from the back and take this picture?) /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
WOW, you have a lot of hair!! It's very nice too. Your pictures come out better than mine. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

suncypress

[ QUOTE ]
CurlyCrly said:
WOW, you have a lot of hair!! It's very nice too. Your pictures come out better than mine. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i think my pics are just closer up than yours. you are one of the only people i've seen whose hair seems to be nearly as thick as mine--i will have to pm you so as not to hijack the thread, but i'm curious about your regime.

Whisper

I decided to texturize for a couple of reasons... Newly texturized might i add Anywhoo..I decided that bone straight was not an option for me any longer, due to damage that it had done some years ago that I am still rectifying ...ie overprocessing... that was/is my biggest fear. Although some damange can still persist, I know the relaxer will not be left on for longer than 15 min. I also learned to love my waves, and when my hair gets longer, I will be able to wash and go, without worrying if my hair is "neatly" done or not.. I like the big hair look.. /images/graemlins/smile.gif