Texturized/Telaxed ladies: how do I transition

morehairplease

from texturized to telaxed? I get my first texturizer on Tuesday and plan on staying texturized for one year, maybe longer. After my years mark, I would like to telax but was unsure if this could be done. For me to transation from texutrized to telaxed would I only apply the relaxer to the newgrowth to keep the curl pattern and leave the remaining hair untouched?

thanks in advance ladies,
tishee

yodie

I thought texturized and texlaxed were the same thing. What's the difference?

Is texlaxed when u use a relaxer to get a texturized look?

morehairplease

raeshan said:
I thought texturized and texlaxed were the same thing. What's the difference?

Is texlaxed when u use a relaxer to get a texturized look?

hi there raeshan,

I found my old post where I asked a similar question and bumped it for you

hths
tishee

yodie

Thanks Tishee.

Never knew there was really a difference. Okay, this Thursday I'll be texlaxed.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Texturize- lessens the curl, but is very close to the natural hair.
Texlaxed- more closer to relaxed, but not bone strait.

If u want to texlax, you have to relax your entire hair, but if u don't want it bone strait, you really have to watch it. make sure to protect your hair from becoming overprocessed. My friend, who is a pro recs to cover yr hair with conditioner before you attempt this. I will be doing this in 2 weeks myself...Maybe I'll let her do it.:lol:

yodie

I'm not brave enough just yet to texlax my entire head. My stylist will do it for awhile and between watching him and this site, I'll be a pro in no time.

morehairplease

DDtexlaxd said:
Texturize- lessens the curl, but is very close to the natural hair.
Texlaxed- more closer to relaxed, but not bone strait.

If u want to texlax, you have to relax your entire hair, but if u don't want it bone strait, you really have to watch it. make sure to protect your hair from becoming overprocessed. My friend, who is a pro recs to cover yr hair with conditioner before you attempt this. I will be doing this in 2 weeks myself...Maybe I'll let her do it.:lol:

thanks so much sweetie for your reply. this is what I plan on doing the night before I get my texturizer on Tuesday.....applying AO GPB and letting it dry. My hair is extremely dry/coarse should I detangle the knots, if any, before getting the texturizer? Or should I just go as it is:tightly coiled and densely packed/curled to the salon? Since the relaxer will be placed on virgin hair is she just going to place the relaxer on my hair, let it sit, and then comb through it gently?

again thanks so much for posting.

yodie

Tishee,

Might be a good idea to let your friend do it first and then you take over.

Our hairs are gon' be swinging in the breeze!! ;)

SohoHair

Texlaxed and texturized do not necessarily man the same thing. Some use them interchangeably to mean hair that has been lightly relaxed, but there are also texturizers (Wave Nouveau, Jherri curl etc.) that haver completley different chemical componants and effects on the hair.