Texturized to Relaxed-corrective relaxer?

Jbirds1

Hi ladies I need your opinions. My hair is presently texturized and I want to go back to relaxed. When I called the salon about what I could do to go from texturized to relaxed they advised that I get a "corrective relaxer" . This relaxer would be applied to my previously texturized hair and new growth. But to me that sounds like it would over process my hair. Couldn't I just relax the new growth only (just not bone straight)?

Mystic

Forget about the corrective relaxer and only relax the NG. You might regret correcting the texturizer parts so just ignore the ends and focus only on the NG.

Jbirds1

Thanks Ivanay! Yes that is what I"m leaning torwards doing. I've been searching for a new stylist and I think I"ve found one. She uses Elucence relaxer. From what I've read this a very good and mild relaxer.

Bump!!

baglady215

If you only relax the NG, you will still be texturized throughout the majority of your hair. If you only mildly relax the NG, then you'll still be texturized/texlaxed. That's fine if that's what you are looking for. But a corrective relaxer would make your entire head relaxed (straight). I've done them and not had any issues, but as usual, YMMV. :)

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
To protect your hair from over processing, you can also put a conditioner on your previously texturized hair to slow down the relaxer process. You can also do this w vaseline base, but the conditioner makes yr hair come out super soft.:D