Texturizer? Natural virgin hair -to- Texturizer

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
LadyPBC

My sister used the J4M texture softener and she liked it a lot. I only say I wouldn't recommend them because like I told my sister, the active ingredient was similar to no-lye and I told her she will have to be careful to chelate/clarify to avoid breakage. But she did like it. I texlax, but with lye relaxers because it doesn't process the hair as much.

If you bought the texture softener, just use it. Just be sure to read the ingredients and proper hair care on using it with the active ingredients. Using a texturizer is a completely different chemical so don't change up.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

LadyPBC

NGraceO - I am having a hard time envisioning how I would do a patch test without wetting my hair and without overprocessing it if I decide to move forward.

Five year natural to texlaxer here! Here are a few DO's from my experience.

DO watch "just grow already's" relaxer video of how she does it in sections. That is essential for a virgin relaxer

DO examine I our strands to decide which relaxer strength will be best. I have fine strands so I opted for regular stretch lye ORS

DO add an oil to you relaxer- it slows down the effect of the relaxer which is helpful for texlaxers

DO, DO, DOOOO!!! (I can't stress it enough) STRAND TESTS! Once you relaxed you can't go back. Choose small, easily hidden sections to test the relaxer to find the best processing time for you.

DO stretch/ detangle your hair prior to relax day...possibly even blow it out.

DO enjoy your hair! Hair is hair today you can relax and tomorrow decide to go natural again. So what makes you happy in the moment and don't look back. Luckily, we have plenty of second in the hair realm :)

HTH!!

NGraceO

NGraceO

NGraceO - I am having a hard time envisioning how I would do a patch test without wetting my hair and without overprocessing it if I decide to move forward.

I wish i could find pictures of when i did my patch test. I chose a hair patch above my right ear that was about 2 inches wide and .5 inches high. i split that in two. I processed one section for 5 mins and one for 7 mins. I rinsed the hair in the sink.

I avoided getting anything else wet by getting verrrrry close to the nozzle and holding the hair i was rinsing in my hand. all other hair was pulled back.

Idk if you can visualize that lol, but it worked for me. I preferred to do hair on my head just bc it gave me the realistic results i was looking for.

OH! and for those two small patches of hair, i just left them out of the relaxer process.....they were near my ear and small, so it wasn't difficult to do so:)HTH!!

antavia009

Bump. I am going to put in a texturizer after 2.5 years as a natural. Any advice before I lose my nerve?

antavia009

Did you texturize your hair? I'm thinking about texturizing also.

Girl, I chickened out.

I actually am in a better place with my hair. It's probably a good idea to sit on the idea for a while before you do it. I wasn't able to find many examples of ppl with my hair type that have done it.

My hair is healthier now, so maybe if I do a texturizer it will come out nicer than when I thought about it initially.