Texturizer to Relaxer, Or Another Corrective?

options

I am still fairly new to texturized hair. When I first did it, I was so panicky, that I left it on for a very short period of time and did not get the results I wanted. About four weeks after that, I followed up with a corrective that left me with more of what I was looking for - less shrinkage, slightly looser curls and more pliable hair in general.

I performed the corrective in early November, so I guess I am nearing eight weeks. Anyway, it feels like I am accumulating a good deal of new growth and can feel the difference between it and my texturized hair. That is making it a bit more challenging to deal with. Also, I still have to perform twist- or braid-outs to get the "wash and wear" look I thought I would get from a texturizer.

Honestly, it seems like the texturizer has "worn off" gradually. I mean, the texture is SO, SO similar to my natural hair that absolutely no one would think anything was done to it. I am still wanting more of the curl and kink released, but I do not want totally straight hair.

I cannot decide if I should attempt another corrective (with a mild relaxer or texturizer), or if I should basically relax my hair - taking out approximately 70 percent of my natural texture. By the knowledge I have gained from this board, I now feel like it is possible to healthily maintain relaxed hair and accumulate length, but I generally prefer hair with some texture, some curl, so I feel stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I have no desire to return to being totally natural, so that's not an option I'm exploring.

What do you all think? How does one transition from a texturizer to a relaxer, and is this any more or less detrimental than doing a second corrective/retouch of the texturizer?

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
u don't have to stress yrself. Just do a corrective text. since it is a a relaxer anyways. :-D Don't leave it on for a long time and get back the look u want. Your hair is thriving if u jave so much new growth. hope all works well r u.

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
I would say find a professional in the area who specializes in texturizing if you still want some texture to your hair & get the corrective

if you go the route of doing your hair yourself I would definately do a section then rinse do a section then rinse until your 4 sections are done and NO SMOOTHING