Texturizers/Texlaxers - THE Secret to Perfect Results Everytime :)

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
Thanks for posting! You have beautiful hair. I don't want to texturize but if I don't find a way to keep my tangles under control, i'm gonna have to do something cause I can't take it no mo'....it's either gonna be dreads or texturizing so this is good info to have.

betty-boo

Hello Nonpareil! Your hair is gorgeous!!!!
I used to use S-curl and I loved it simply because you didn't have to rush the application and get so stressed!!!! But my problem with it was that even thought I would apply and smooth all in 35 mins, when I finished, it would come out looking like not much had really changed. I used the mild - which did nothing and then went onto the Xtra trength (now called Maximum strength) in the jars.
But I have a few questions to ask you:

1. Which strength do you use?

2. Also, how long does it roughly take you altogether from start to finish? I know you said that applying was 18 mins, but roughly how long do you wait for the S-shape to come out?

3. What product do you use to help with the curl definition?

4. Do you always wear wash n gos? I'm thinking that I could've spoiled the curls by always rollersetting it straight...

vkb247

Thanks SignatureBeauty!

OT: Do you have a fotki? I love looking at pics of other beautiful texlaxed heads!

CenteredGirl

Looks Great!

I think I just have to stick to natural... I am terrified of any chems - since I have moved to more organic and kitchen products.....

Thanks for this!

ITA.

Nonpareil, your hair looks really nice though and I applaud your skill level. Just wondering if you can apply heat and what your results are there.

Last edited:

prettykinks

I am thinking about getting a texturizer. My hair is getting more tangles the longer it gets. I might have to try this if I make up my mind.