Thank you all sooooo much!

marla

A few days ago, I posted asking for help with bumps on my scalp. All of you recommended that I see my doctor. Well I did, and she told me it was psoriasis and gave me medication and special shampoo for it. She also referred me to a dermatologist to check on my follicles. She said it did NOT look infected, but she wanted me to go to the dermatologist to make sure nothing was missed. I started using the medicine and my scalp is 70% better already!!! I have one question though, after I shampoo, do I follow up with my regular conditioner? Thank you all so much

Nyambura

surfer girl
Hi Marla! I don't have the answer to your question but I just wanted to say congratulations on getting the scalp issue resolved.

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Marla! I don't have the answer to your question but I just wanted to say congratulations on getting the scalp issue resolved.

[/ QUOTE ]

same here

Allandra

Hi Marla,

Adrienne also has psoriasis. Try sending her a pm with your question. She may not have seen this post just yet. HTH.

Nonie

Marla, I'd ask your doctor about the conditioner since you don't want anything reversing the progress you've made. Perhaps you could take your conditioner to her so she could see the ingredients. Methinks if you can find a conditioner that uses mostly natural ingredients, she'll be more inclined to allow it. Otherwise, she will tell you what to use.

adrienne0914

marla, allandra is correct. i do also have psoriasis. i've had it since high school. i'm 40 now. which shampoo and medication did your doctor prescribe?

i believe you can definitely use your conditioner after the shampoo. it doesn't usually negate the medication. the thing that i always do just to be sure is to leave the shampoo on for at least 5 minutes after cleaning my scalp. then i rinse and condition.

holla!

marla

Adrienne, thank you so much for replying. My doctor prescribed a 2 1/2% sulfa shampoo and Triamcinolone cream 1%. I leave the shampoo on for 10 minutes. I did use Keracare humecto/evoo afterwards and my hair is super soft and shiney and my scalp feels sooooo good. The bumps have shrunk. My hair was getting thin in those areas as a result. Any ideas to get it back thick and strong? Oh,she also referred me to a dermatologist to check my follicles. She felt the shampoo/cream combo would help, but referred me to dermatology just to make sure all bases were covered. Thank you sooooo much!!

sithembile

Adrienne and Marla
Do you follow the medicated shampoos up with a moisturising shampoo? I use Keracare dry itchy scalp shampoo but I wonder if I should use a more gentle shampoo afterwards, or would that cancel the effect of the medicated shampoo?

marla

Sithembile,
No, I didn't use a moisturizing shampoo after the medicated one, just a moisturizing conditioner/evoo. I'm going to get some of the Keracare stuff to have as maintenence. Thanks

adrienne0914

marla, i had alot of success with thinning areas by massaging Vitamin E with rosemary on that area. that's an inexpensive option.

sithembile, i also just used a moisturizing conditioner after the medicated shampoo. i think the KeraCare is gentle enough to not need another one afterwards.