Thanking & Liking Button

MissYocairis

where's my 25,000 thanks? hmmm? :lol: ah well.

And a "dislike" button? Lawd...I see lots of infighting and bannings in our future.

gimbap

I don't think we should assume the worst about the dislike option. Who knows, people may not care about it. We're all adults...:look:

Xavier

WTH!!! So we now have a "dislike this post" option. That is worst than the star ratings that they had a couple of years ago. I don't know how anyone would think that would be a good idea considering that this is LHCF. :lol:

MissYocairis

WTH!!! So we now have a "dislike this post" option. That is worst than the star ratings that they had a couple of years ago. I don't know how anyone would think that would be a good idea considering that this is LHCF. :lol:

well, at least with the dislike button, you can SEE who disliked the post whereas with the star rating, that was anon and folks were acting UP because they were anonymous.

French Rouge

I like the dislike this post button; it could be a good thing. Instead of folks giving people dissertations on why their post is asinine simply dislike the post.

NYAmicas

Seeker
Im a bit perturbed about my thanks starting back at 0. I earned them! *sniffs*

I think I like the new Mentioned feature. Very interesting.

NYAmicas

Seeker
I agree with the dislike button getting out of hand. One member following you in every thread and post you make gleefully hitting dislike everytime. "I like ponies!" Dislike. "TGIF!" Dislike.

InsertCleverNameHere

I like the dislike this post button; it could be a good thing. Instead of folks giving people dissertations on why their post is asinine simply dislike the post.

I was starting to think I was the only person who really likes "dislike" as an option. Sometimes I just want to vehemently disagree without having to respond.

As to the original question, sometimes I thank people and I don't necessarily agree with them. I thank people for responding to a question I've asked, too.

French Rouge

So I am going to assume that the difference between thanking and liking a post is as follows ...

Thank a post if you were thinking the same thing but don't feel like posting it.

Like a post if it something brings a new prospective to a topic

What do you ladies think?

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
what's the difference?

I assume if a person thanks a post they obviously liked it?

Yes...there seems to be some overlap with this one. I had a dilemma as to whether I should "like" or "thank" your post!

CharlotteYork said:
And a "dislike" button? Lawd...I see lots of infighting and bannings in our future.

As well as more fuel for the popularity contests/complaints. I guess with the dislike feature, at least people are telling you to your face...:perplexed Not very polite, imo. I think I'd prefer "agree" and "disagree."

Last edited:

PJaye

Unfortunately, I cannot envision a happy ending for the "Like/Dislike This Post" feature given some of the things I have witnessed during my brief tenure on the site. We, as a society, have yet to learn how to disagree without becoming violently disagreeable.

Qué sera sera...

Keen

Talk about starting a popularity contest, lol... :lol:

Get ready for the "dislike" bandit. I'm still not sure who the one star bandit was.

ETA: I guess there won't be a dislike bandit since everyone can see the member's ID. The fan part of the star rating system was anonimous.

Last edited: