Thanks

Kiadodie

I just wanted to thank all you "regulars" on this site for your suggestions,questions,opinions,input, and just SHARING period!!!. I've learned sooooo much from you guys. I really have. I just wanted to let you guys know I really appreciate it /images/graemlins/wink.gif

hairfanatic

Hi Kia,

I have to thank everyone also because before I learned about the forum...I was totally frustrated and thought I would never be able to care for my own hair and get the same results that a beautician would get. I think I am starting to know just about or more than some of them do. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

LondonDiva

Hairfanatic you're going to end up shaming the knowledge of the sylists soon enough. Since being permanenty stuck on this board I haven't set foot in a salon as most of them that I know of do all the things which are strict NO NO's for my hair.

diva4life

You know, I too have learned a lot from this board and haven't been to a salon since I met up with this bunch. But some things a stylst should just use plain ol' common sense about. For instance, when I was at Dudley's one Saturday for a special updo, the "head" stylist came over to "assist" the student, a g/f of mine, who was doing my hair. The "head" commences to brushing my sopping wet hair with a hard brush as if it was just the thing to do. I promptly told her to cease and desist! I know this is all off the subject, but knowledge IS power, and speaking up for yourself and YOUR hair is one way to exercise it!

Kiadodie

You're so right diva4life. I went to this man for a hair cut. He brushed/combed my hair so hard that my scalp was sore the next day. I mean so sore that I couldn't even comb or touch it /images/graemlins/frown.gif. I don't go to salon's anymore either. Thank God for this board and the things I've learned.