That damn needs a touch up itch!

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
What do ya do when that NG kicks in heavy, and it's only the 6th or 7th week after your last touch up? Well it's going on 9 weeks and I'm trying to stretch to a least 3 months, but no more than 4mo. I never stretched a relaxer at all before and I'm getting stressed because the spring is coming and it's going to get harder until I get that next touch up.

I DON"T WANT TO GIVE IN!!!!!:nono:

Inches411

bumping for answers to this too. i want to know what helps keep the ng soft. Mines is really dry right now. i am currently using some afro softening at the roots but it doesnt stay moisturized that long.

septemberbaby

I've tried a couple of things to help keep my ng soft during stretches:

• co-washing (either daily or a few times during the week)
  • deep conditioning with silicon mix
During my last stretch (16 weeks) I followed Sylver's stretching tips and methods. I was very successful! :grin:

chavascandy

I feel your pain!!!!:yep:

This is what I do when the new growth gets to taking over:

* Wash my hair with Creme of Nature shampoo(Green Label formula)

*Deep condition with an extremely moisturizing conditioner like----Pantene Pro-v, Nexxus Humectess, Kera Care moisturizing conditioner, or ETC..

* Follow up with Infusium 23 leave-in conditioner

* Seal hair with Castor oil, Jojoba oil, Wild Growth oil, Silicone based serum, or your favorite oil.

*I would suggest not to handle your hair very much at this point, Because of extreme newgrowth.-----I usually dry my hair and proceed to cornrow it. I then wear wigs for protective styling.

silverlotus

OP, if you've never stretched before, I wouldn't suggest going all the way up to 4 months. Gradually increase the number of weeks you stretch so it doesn't get overwhelming, just a suggestion.

As for me when my ng gets out of control, I rely on weekly d/cing and low-manipulation. I don't bother trying to comb until wash-day & then during the week I bun. Also, you can trying braids or wigs... basically any style that doesn't involve manipulation. If you go the bunning route, sylver2's scarf method is good for laying the hair down.

gymfreak336

OP, if you've never stretched before, I wouldn't suggest going all the way up to 4 months. Gradually increase the number of weeks you stretch so it doesn't get overwhelming, just a suggestion.

As for me when my ng gets out of control, I rely on weekly d/cing and low-manipulation. I don't bother trying to comb until wash-day & then during the week I bun. Also, you can trying braids or wigs... basically any style that doesn't involve manipulation. If you go the bunning route, sylver2's scarf method is good for laying the hair down.

I totally agree.

I personally start increasing the time of my conditioning sessions. I also make sure I keep it moisturized from jump. Its easier to maintain then having to start fresh in terms of hair moisture.

Nayeli

I had that itch this morning at around 9am. And this is considering that I DC'ed on Saturday - did all the right things. My hair felt moisturised and strong. SO TELL ME WHY I JUST WANTED TO SLAP ON A RELAXER. I was just tired of all the NG. I did a quick co-wash and flat ironed. And this is the first time I've used heat in 12 weeks. It gave me that smooth, just came out the salon feel. When I have the itch, that's what I do - it makes me believe I can hold out for that much longer. :grin:

HoneyDew

Call me weak, but at 9 weeks and I felt like you? I would have just relaxed. No point dealing with it, in my opinion.

I think I would be afraid to do it if I was not texlaxed and was a salon-goer. But doing it myself and having some control makes me feel better about it.

Yep, I would have relaxed and kept on moving. :rolleyes: Sorry that I am not encouraging, just being honest.

soonergirl

I cowashed daily and used a flexi-8 or octopus clip and put it in a bun, I made it 13 weeks.. I am 4a.. It was tough though... Good luck!!