The 2007 Head-to-Toe Challenge

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Our Mission
From head-to-toe, inside and out, this challenge is to help and inspire the participants striving to improve their hair, face, body, and health.

Time Frame
Midnight, January 1, 2007 to 11:59:59, December 31, 2007

Why start now?
To set up routines and habits in advance; it take about a month to establish new habits. This way, the participants have time to find what works for them.

Accountability options
--Pictures: You do not need a digital camera to get pictures on the internet. Any disposable camera developed at a place that uploads pics for free will work. Some Wal-Marts have this option, or you can mail it to a site like Snapfish (if you decide to use Snapfish, please use [email protected] as your referral so I can get free stuff—hey, I admit I am opportunistic). Yahoo and Fotki have options for both albums and journals. Check with your ISP and see if they have free storage space.

--Journal: Writing out action plans, rereading them, and recording accomplishment/failures helps in achieving goals. This can be a regular, hand-written one, a blog, MySpace, LiveJournal, etc. I have an LJ account—PM me if you want me to add you to my f-list.

--Partnerships: More can be achieved when one works alongside others—basically, someone(s) to lift us up when down, pats on the back, or a good kick in the tail (especially during the winter months). If you need help finding one, PM me.

--PMs and IMs: I have all four IM programs and you can get Trillian, so you can IM others with different programs.

--Checking in: Monthly check-ins are the only required accountability, or you will get a PM from me after five or six weeks if you stop posting in the forums. Let us know you are going to disappear, heading off the formation of a search posse. :) If you accomplish all of your goals early, please stick around to inspire the rest of us.

Rules
1. Monthly check-ins
2. Displaying regimens either on a web page (link in sig or this thread), or in this thread. We may need your expertise in an area, or can help you tweak your regimen for maximum effectiveness.
3. Always remember that getting down to business can be fun.

Disclaimer: This post is subject to change and most of us are not professionals.

Participants
Nymphe
caramelty
TSUprincess04
Trimbride
NewYorkgyrl
MonaRae
sherylin123
B_Phlyy
nappywomyn
sareca
Nic_Cali
angelita842002
Dannygirl
p31woman
bubblebtm2
Crissi
Eiano
breezy
determined_to_grow
JazzyFLPeach
tsmith
carameldiva
gymfreak336
dicapr
Miz Jackson
ONAMSHN
MissDiva
KeraKrazy
Funkparadise
NubianQueen
amr501
chayil0427
cupcake
pattycake0701
Synthia
Hair Iam
nylatinjazz
miss Congeniality
den1
MissPriss08
msjazzy09
meia
Funkparadise
Ms Kraft
longnapps
Sweetg
natasha
prissygirl114
bmoreflyygirl
Alli77
EMJazzy
Legend
jaded_faerie
pretty_nappy_hair
zora
Ms Lala
aloha_bef
currygyal
Hair2day
KissKiss
Sha76
tld723
InNeedofHairapy
Kimberly
from36to38
Miz_Complexity
Whimsy
princesmich
mrsjones1
shawniegee
kelouis75
amara11
WhipEffectz1
ravenmerlita
from36to38
KookieMunstah
Lov3lyHair
sapphire74
metro_qt
ProseChild
yankgal007
cocoberry10
evagray
fullsizediva
mango387
YummyC

Last edited:

plove

yay I'm so up for this challenge.

What I want out of this challenge.
MY HAIR
I want my hair APL by the end of 2007 (really want BSL) I want to stick with ALL my LHCF challenge for my hair. The hide you hair until x-mas is killing/helping me.

MY SKIN
I want clear even tone skin by 2007

MY TEETH
I want to have the gaps between my teeth closed (this one is going to take a lil longer then a year)

MY BODY
I to tone up my body

I will add more later.

This challenge is going to be fun and hard but I can do this.

Last edited:

caramelty

My Hair
I am aiming for APL. I plan on wearing braids for 8 months getting then done over whenever they are needed.
I will be usin Aveda Sap Moss poo & conditioner with the pre-poo treatment. I have kinky twist now and will keep these in for another 2 weeks.

My Skin
I have 3 bad scars on my face that I am work on I will post a pic later. I have been using cocoa butter but it is not working.

My Teeth
I have one tooth that was capped but not done correctly I am trying to make an appointment for that right now.

My Body
All I need to do is tone up.I am at a decent size now 128

That is it for right now...I will update monthly and post new pics up this week.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
Count me in!!!!

HAIR
I'm transitioning to natural, so I hopefully will BC by May of 2007, but if not, I'll continue to transition until I get the length of newgrowth that I desire. This transition will NOT go beyond the year 2007.

MY SKIN
I will keep up my current skincare regimen since it's working quite well and has made an improvement in my skin.

HEALTH
I need to eat more vegetables and LESS chocolate. Seriously, munching on any and everything that's chocolate everyday is not healthy. I need to lay down some rules for myself and learn to snack more sensibly.

MY BODY
I need to lose weight...period, point, blank. Let's just say that my Body Fat Percentage is very high and, and I want to decrease it to about 30%. 2007 will be my year to complete that goal.

Radianthealth

Hair
My hair - APL in 2007

Skin
My skin - clear and even

Spiritual
Spirit of gratitude
Spiritual awareness and learning

Body
Dances and Exercise to keep my body fit

Health
Healthy nourishing meals

Relationships
I will do something special for my husband at least once per week. I will keep in touch with professional and personal contacts

Career
I will work on projects to increase my visibility and prepare me for my next role within the organization

I will continue to utilize my journal to provide updates

Last edited:

NewYorkgyrl

Hair:
I want APL NATURAL hair by Dec 2007

Skin:
I want my skin to be clear and even tone. Get rid of minor blemishes.

Spiritual:
Continue attending church regularly. Attend bible study. Read bible/prayer book daily (or use forward day by day for daily readings)

Health:
Being more consistent with my eating pattern. No skipping meals no matter how busy I am. Continue eating organic foods. Incorporate even more greens into my diet. Take vitamins and especially necessry supplements because I will be eating less meat. (I've already given up pork for over a year and a half)

My body:
I would like to tone up. Work on my abs. Overall try to be consistent with a workout schedule.

Jas123

The Star of a Story
count me in

HAIR
I hope to be APL by mid 2007. I would like to maintain my thickness/healthiness..possibly go a little lighter in color..a warm brown maybe

MY SKIN

My skin is pretty clear..getting clearer/brighter on the raw diet & Dr Natura..But I would like to incorporate a preventive routine (refuse to age gracefully)

HEALTH
See Body..health body one in the same

MY BODY
Internal Cleaning, Lose Weight and Build/Tone Muscle...I'm currently working on these now with the raw diet, DrNatura Colonix, and exercise/weight-lifting On day 7 of raw diet..YEAH
Continue with supplements..as what I'm taking for hair is good for overall health as well
Just renewed my membership with community gym-will work out 5-6 days a week and will do weight program

EDUCATION
Complete my degree

FINANCES
Continuing saving with 401k/GOVT" Bonds/Roth IRA
I need to start a liquid savings account

Relationships
Get and maintain friendships with like minded women

Last edited:

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Count me in. Regimen and plans will be in my journal later on today or tomorrow. Click the link in the siggy.

sareca

Hair
(CHECK) My hair is progressing well (thanks to henna). So, I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doin'.

Teeth
(CHECK) I got my braces off in March and had my teeth whited in August, so that's ok. Need to remember to wear my retainer EVERY night.

Skin
(CHECK) Fixed my skin a few years ago with Marykay, microdermabrasion, and acid peels. MSM has done the rest, but I do need to reorder more microdermabrasion pads to maintain my results.

Spiritual
(SIGH) I need to attend Wednesday night bible study regularly.

Body
(SIGH) I lost 7lbs last month. So, I'm doing well, but I've been "cheating" a lot lately. It MUST stop.

So, I guess my goal is to stay on top of the other stuff, stop cheating on my diet, and get my behind to church EVERY Wed.

Nic_Cali

Count me in too!
My Hair
I am striving for healthy -2in from apl hair. With a solid regimen that includes the use of natural products such as honey, henna and green tea.

My Skin
No more black knees and elbows. I played Softball ya'll, don't hate:lol:

My Teeth
Sparkling white teeth, do to the use of baking soda, morning and night.

My Body
I would like to lose approx. 45 lbs. When I tell people how much I would like to loose they ask, "How much do you weigh?" because I do not look like a weigh as much as I do. I am tall. I want to tone it up a bit, alot a bit that is. :lol:

Finances
I will like to have all my credit card debt payed off and saving atleast 8-15 % percent a month of my earnings.

Education

To have raised my gpa back up because I need to get into a good graduate school program. Time is definately ticking.

OOPPS and another thing.....
Spiritual
To stop church hopping and become a member of 1 of the 4 churches I attend on Sundays. The Lord knows my heart..lol.
GOOD LUCK LADIES

Last edited:

angelita842002

Hair
Unstretched Healthy brastrap-midback by anytime next year

Body/Skin
Keep going to the gym 3x's a week and loose 20 more pounds and tone(I have a bad sweet tooth) I need to cut that out!! Keep up with face/care routine i have now

Spiritual
Find some time to meditate refocus and go to church

Family
Make sure to take a day out of the month and spend with my family

Dannygirl

:eek: beans! I'm in to!

My Hair:
(HEATHLY)bra strap by 2008(Wear protective styles)

My Skin:
Summer 2008- Get rid of Scars(Have to start saviing now)

My Diet:
Increaseprotain and find a good dieit
Lose 30 pounds

Excusess:

Pool during moring before school jog on off days:look:

Nails: Grow heathly long nails

I want to learn how to do my own peducures and mancures aswell!

Last edited:

p31woman

Count me in!!

Hair
I want natural APL hair by Dec 31 2007

Skin
I want to keep my skin clear, soft and even toned

Spiritual
Strengthen my faith. Read my Bible or some type of devotional every morning. Continue to turn to God FIRST. Make sure my life is an example that God is who He says He is and that His way works. Continue to tithe and stay active in my church ministries.

Body
Lose 60 lbs by excercising 5 times per week and controling portions

Health
Continue to get routine check-ups, and try to be as stress free as possible.

Relationships
Make sure I am strengthing my friends and that they are strengthing me not breaking me down, or me breaking them down. Work on saying NO more.

School
Graduate (May 12, 2007 @ 6pm):D with a 3.0 or better GPA.

Finances
Create a spending and savings plan and actually stick to it. Start an IRA and deposit into it every month.

bubblebtm2

This is great! I've been looking 4 some motivation lately and here it is. You can count me in :)

Hair:
BSL by Dec. 2007 (or end of challenge)

Skin:
Clear even tone skin. I want to get rid of the black marks on my face caused by constantly picking at chin hairs (and i also want to stop picking at my face).

Health:
I want to eat healthier and be at least 50 lbs. lighter. I was on the road there before the summer, but lost all motivation. Working on flat abs and toned legs and arms.

Finances:
I want to be 65% debt free. I'm still a student, so 100% debt free would be impossible. I also would like to find a job that i love.

Relationships:
I would like to maintain healthy realationships with my friends and family and rebuild those that were lost along the years.

Crissi

Hair
Atleast 12 inches by august next yr, i have about 0.5 - 1 inch right now but i will do it!

Skin
Clear, blemish free, even toned skin, with the help of sheisedo (sp), and monthly pescription facials

Body/Health
-Go on colonix in december for atleast 2 months (i'll try and make it to 3)
-Eat balanced healthy high fibre diet, and actually do the cooking
-Drink loads of water
-Eat loads of fruit and veg
-Attend the gym

Spiritually
Grow in Christ, strive for the rewards in heaven, rather than the rewards of the world, spend time in devotion, prayer and worship, the word, and fellowship etc

Finacially
Gain stability and comfort

House
THAT LIST COULD GO ON FOREVER

School/ Education
Stay on top

breezy

I'd like to be in this challenge also. I have tons of goals!

HAIR: I want to reach APL by early next year and BSL around Thanksgiving. I also would like to work on my thinning edges (they're hereditary).

SKIN: I want to get rid of the dark spots on my face so my complexion is more even. Also, sometimes I get chest acne, and I'd like to clear that up.

HEALTH: I'd like to start eating healthier, not as many processed foods. Also, I want to cut down on my alcohol consumption as I just read that alcohol is much harsher on women than men.

BODY: I really want to flatten my stomach. Not sure how attainable this goal is since I have the kangaroo pouch, but I'll try. I also want to work on firming up my lower body so I can have shapely legs and so my backside is lifted.

I'll probably post my regimine/routines in my fotki.

Good Luck Ladies! :)

Hey Nymphe
I want to join...

Nymphe said:
Our Mission
From head-to-toe, inside and out, this challenge is to help and inspire the participants striving to improve their hair, face, body, and health.

Time Frame
Midnight, January 1, 2007 to 11:59:59, December 31, 2007

Why start now?
To set up routines and habits in advance; it take about a month to establish new habits. This way, the participants have time to find what works for them.

Accountability options
--Pictures: You do not need a digital camera to get pictures on the internet. Any disposable camera developed at a place that uploads pics for free will work. Some Wal-Marts have this option, or you can mail it to a site like Snapfish (if you decide to use Snapfish, please use [email protected] as your referral so I can get free stuff—hey, I admit I am opportunistic). Yahoo and Fotki have options for both albums and journals. Check with your ISP and see if they have free storage space.

--Journal: Writing out action plans, rereading them, and recording accomplishment/failures helps in achieving goals. This can be a regular, hand-written one, a blog, MySpace, LiveJournal, etc. I have an LJ account—PM me if you want me to add you to my f-list.

--Partnerships: More can be achieved when one works alongside others—basically, someone(s) to lift us up when down, pats on the back, or a good kick in the tail (especially during the winter months). If you need help finding one, PM me.

--PMs and IMs: I have all four IM programs and you can get Trillian, so you can IM others with different programs.

--Checking in: Monthly check-ins are the only required accountability, or you will get a PM from me after five or six weeks if you stop posting in the forums. Let us know you are going to disappear, heading off the formation of a search posse. :) If you accomplish all of your goals early, please stick around to inspire the rest of us.

Rules
1. Monthly check-ins
2. Displaying regimens either on a web page (link in sig or this thread), or in this thread. We may need your expertise in an area, or can help you tweak your regimen for maximum effectiveness.
3. Always remember that getting down to business can be fun.

Disclaimer: This post is subject to change and most of us are not professionals.

Participants
Nymphe
plove
caramelty
TSUprincess04
Trimbride
NewYorkgyrl
MonaRae
sherylin123
B_Phlyy
nappywomyn
sareca
Nic_Cali
angelita842002
Dannygirl
p31woman

JazzyFLPeach

Me too! Me too! :D I hope you all can help keep me honest and on the straight and narrow.

Hair
I want APL hair by December, 2007

Skin
My doctor started me on Differin and Duac but I can only afford the Duac as my insurance doesn't cover the Differen gel. I've noticed some improvements already but I want to see lots more improvement.

Spiritual
I will make every effort to attend church more regularly. I will meditate and go to my special spiritual place at least once a day.

Body
I will strength train at least 3 times per week and fit my cardio in at least 5 days a week. I'm not a spring chicken anymore. I really need to do better by myself!

Health
I will stop with the mindless snacking at 3 in the afternoon and quit making the midnight runs to CVS for Raisinettes and Reese's and Almond Joys! I'm getting back on my Fat Smash. I never felt so terrific as when I was following Dr. Ian's meal plan.

Relationships
I will stop shutting people out simply because of my trust issues. I know this one will take the most work as I have been very bitter and distrustful of people due to heartbreaks and disappoints over the years. I know not everyone is out to "get me" but it's hard to get past that at times.

Career
I will learn to let go and let success move in my life and stop telling myself that it's simply "too good to be true." God doesn't make mistakes and I will earn to accept that my success is a result of His blessings and my hard work. I will walk through those doors that are being opened for me. I will fly through the windows that are open when the devil slams the doors in my face. And simply because I'm "here" right now, That doesn't mean it's my last stop.

MzOptimistic

I am also in..

My Head To Toe Challenge are:

Hair

I want to be midback by December 31, 2007. I plan to accomplish this by keeping my hair in buns and updo's and stretching relaxers to 12 weeks.

Skin

I would love to have clearer skin so any suggestions in regards to that is much appreciated.

Body

I want to tone my body up and lose about 5-7 lbs. I am going to accomplish this by joining Bally's or Curves.

Quit Smoking

Quit playing and take more classes so I can graduate Novemeber 2007

Last edited:

carameldiva

i'd like to join as well. I'll start taking pics and do my journal.

Hair

I am definitely style challenged. Must complete a style and continue to do protective styles throughout the year. I would also like to achieve between chin and shoulder length hair.

Skin

Almost where it should be- need to work on moisturizing

Health

Pretty good.

My body

I need to work out consistently- 3x a week for 45 mins to an hour and lose 30-45 pounds.

Relationships

I need to be around more positive people that are trying to achieve the same goals that i am.

gymfreak336

I'm in:D

This is going to be great.

Hair Goals- increase growth rate, decrease breakage, get better at healthy styling

Skin- maintain clear smooth skin, start more aggresive anti-aging treatments

Fitness and Health - maintain current regimen, eat like I used too

Emotional Health and Lifestyle- stop worrying so much about life, develop better study habits and learn to be more consistent

Other- Develop a better sense of style. I am such a t-shirt and tennis shoe girl; I need to try new things, dresses, heels:eek:, GO TO NEW YORK!

dicapr

I want in too!

Hair
I want to continute to transition and have enough courage to BC in December of 07.

Skin
I would like to clear up all the black heads and zits. I would also like smoother skin without dry patches.

Spiritual
Bible study everyday.

Body
I want to keep the weight I lost off and concentrate on better muscle tone. Maybe loose 5 more pounds. I also need to eat better. I would like to eat mostly fruits and vegetables most of the time. Get healthy.

I also have a personal goal to look more put together and stop looking thrown together

New goal, clean house most days!

Last edited:

MissDiva

Spiritual
- Attend bible study and service reguarly.

My Hair
- My focus for 2007 is THICK hair. I want to thicken up my hair because I would rather have short full hair than long thin hair. I would love to have BSL thick (stretched) hair by Dec. 2007 but I will settle for nice healthy thick shoulder or AP lenght.

My skin
-I want to shrink my pores and minimize blemishes. I've began using MOM last week and I can already see a difference.

My Body
- I want to do at least 2 internal cleanses per year. Eventually I will begin to fast a couple days a month to keep everything clean. I'm going to begin working out more (at least 2-3 times a week). I want to build muscle and tone.

Education
- Begin my MBA by next Fall and work on CFP certification.

Begin to become more involved in the community, become a member of at least 2 non-profit boards and build contacts within the community.

Work on advancing my career and developing a business plan.

Last edited:

KeraKrazy

Thickness before length
Count me in too

Hair
Thick APL by the end of 2007 please, I have a water softener on my christmas list so hopefully this will help.

Skin
Clearer skin for 2007 more moisture during the winter months and eating better foods e.g. no junk, no chocolate

Fitness and Health
Develop and stick to a solid exercise regime I'm hoping to do pilates and dance at least three times a week. Eat alot more healthily, incorporate vegetables into my daily diet and drink more water.

Emotional Helth
Find an outlet for stress management maybe yoga or knitting I stress about absolutely everything and I need to learn to stop.

Career
More Networking and voluntary work, be more positive about my self and my ability to suceed. Find a job and set up my webpage.

Other
Focus on making myself happy instead of everybody else, start doing things for me, let go of the past and only look towards the future

Funkparadise

Oooh I SO need this. I would like to join!! I need to think about my goals (keep them realistic) and regime. I'll post them Saturday.