The anser to relaxer shelf life and other cosmetics

drasgrl

I emailed Mizani a couple of days ago and asked about shelf life of an opened jar of relaxer. Here was the answer. Ugh sorry for the typo in the title

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to answer your questions about the safety of our products.

To assist in determining how long a product is considered safe to use after opening, some products will display a Period After Opening (PAO) date.

Refer to the open jar symbol on the package, or the product itself, for the number of months the product is considered safe to use after opening.

PAO is indicated with a small symbol representing an open jar that has a number inside, or next to the logo, followed by the letter M (months).

For products without a PAO date indicated, please refer to Proper Use & Storage of Hair & Cosmetics Products included at the bottom of this email.

Proper Use And Storage Of Hair And Cosmetic Products:

FOUNDATIONS AND CONCEALERS After opening, foundation and concealers will stay fresh up to 1 year. (Unopened, 3 years.) Shake liquid foundation well before each use and always pour directly into palm, or onto fingertips, or sponge. Your fingers should not touch the top of the bottle. If applicators or brushes are used, keep clean.

EYE SHADOWS AND EYE PENCILS Powder and cream eye shadows and eye pencils will stay fresh up to 3 years after opening. (Unopened, 3 years.) After each use of an eye pencil, turn the pencil once in a sharpener to remove any substances/dirt/dust, etc... If applicators or brushes are used, keep clean.

MASCARA AND LIQUID EYELINER Mascara and liquid eyeliners should be replaced every three months after opening. (Unopened, 3 years.) Handle mascaras carefully, keeping the brush tightly sealed in the container at all times. Never "pump" mascara or add water, or any other substance.

POWDERS Use up to 3 years. (Unopened, 3 years.) Wash powder brushes regularly.

LIPSTICK AND LIP GLOSS Good for 3 years after opening. (Unopened, 3 years.) Always keep lip brushes clean and lipstick cases tightly closed.

NAIL ENAMEL Good for 3 years after opening. (Unopened, 3 years.) Keep cap tightly closed. Shake well before each use.

MOISTURIZERS AND CREAMS Good for 6 months after opening. (Unopened, 3 years.)

CLEANSERS AND TONERS Use up to 1 year. (Unopened, 3 years.) Use as directed. Never add water to dilute the product.

SELF-TANNERS Good for 6 months after opening. (Unopened, 3 years.)

SUNSCREENS After opening, they are good through the season. (Unopened, 3 years.)

HAIRCOLOR, BLEACHES AND PERMS Retail products are single use. Once mixed, use product immediately. (Unopened, 3 years.)

RELAXERS - NO LYE AND STRAIGHTENERS Once mixed, use product immediately. Multiple use components that are opened but unmixed are good for up to 1 year. Use according to directions and safety warnings. Do not modify directions or use. (Unopened, 3 years.)

SHAMPOOS AND CONDITIONERS Use up to 1 year. (Unopened, 3 years.) Use as directed. Never add water to dilute the product.

STYLING PRODUCTS Aerosol Hairsprays & Mousses are good for 3 years, opened or unopened. Non Aerosols, gels, and all other styling products are good for up to 1 year. (Unopened, 3 years.) Use as directed and follow safety precautions. Never mix product unless suggested by manufacturer.

We appreciate your interest in Soft Sheen · Carson and we hope this information is helpful.

ajoyfuljoy

This is very helpful! I'm so glad to know that my makeup lasts that long! This is bad news though for all those shampoo horders :look:

drasgrl

This is very helpful! I'm so glad to know that my makeup lasts that long! This is bad news though for all those shampoo horders :look:

I'm a shampoo hoarder and I'm going to keep on doing it. I hate to waste money. :grin: I haven't bought any new shampoo just trying to use up what I have.