The Attributes/Names of God

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Sidney, dropping by to share two more that I believe are too awesome not to add:

FRIEND
That Jesus, the Son of God, would call us His Friend came to mind yesterday and I immediately thought of your thread. One on the God's side is His Friend. One against Him is hostile and is His enemy..
John 15
15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit —fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. 17 This is my command: Love each other.

VINE
Also in the same chapter, Jesus is the Vine, connecting us to God the Father... I'm sure we're all happy to be a Branch connected to the one True Vine.. Amein! ~

John 15
1 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes[a] so that it will be even more fruitful. 3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4 Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6 If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 8 This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.
9 “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.

sidney

JEHOVAH-TSIDKENU meaning "The Lord our righteousness"

Jehovah, the Existing One, the One True God.

Righteousness: righteous, straigtht, holy, blameless, guiltless, innocent.

The days are coming," declares the Lord, "when I will raise up for David a righteous Branch, a King who will reign wisely and do what is just and right in the land. In his days Judah will be saved and Israel will live in safety. This is the name by which he will be called: The Lord Our Righteousness. Jeremiah 23:5-6

2 Corinthians 5:21 says, "For He hath made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him."

Jesus Christ is our righteousness. Sin and the fall caused man to lose his righteousness. It is not our righteousness, but God's very own righteousness. His righteousness is found in the new man, which is created after God in true righteousness and holiness. (Ephesians 4:24). We are made His righteousness through Jesus Christ the Righteous One. "Let us live in constant dependence upon the righteousness of our Savior for our acceptance with God and for our confidence and assurance found only in Him." (DF)

Rejoice!!! You have been called and made the Righteousness of God!!

Wow, this whole post means so much to me! Thank you, my righteousness is no good but I am robed in his righteousness!! Thank you Health&Hair28, this one encourages me more than you know and in more ways than one!

sidney

Sidney, dropping by to share two more that I believe are too awesome not to add:

FRIEND
That Jesus, the Son of God, would call us His Friend came to mind yesterday and I immediately thought of your thread. One on the God's side is His Friend. One against Him is hostile and is His enemy..
John 15
15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit —fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. 17 This is my command: Love each other.

VINE
Also in the same chapter, Jesus is the Vine, connecting us to God the Father... I'm sure we're all happy to be a Branch connected to the one True Vine.. Amein! ~

John 15
1 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes[a] so that it will be even more fruitful. 3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4 Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6 If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 8 This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.
9 “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.

WOW! Thank you God that you have called us your friends!!! Wow, I think I just really received that we are his friends! Amen, Amen!! Thank you God, because Lord knows I have not always been a good friend to him! Glory to the King! And look at that vine! Praise God! Thank you Laela.

Israel & New Breed: Friend of God
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXFi6lUUz5s&feature=related

sidney

The Lord is my Shepherd (Psalm 23) NKJV

The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord Forever.

I love the image of God as my Shepherd. As one of his sheep I can trust that God loves me and cares for me. I can trust that he will provide all that I need. I can trust that he will guide me towards the right path. I don't need to fear anything because God is with me. If I should get "lost" I believe that he would do everything to "find" me and bring me back to where I am supposed to be.

The Lord is my Shepherd! Oh that keeping power!!! He will never let me get to far away. YYYYYYYEEEESSEESS!!!!!! I don't know what is up with me this week...but my my my, *praise break*

Tye Tribbett: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoLdwsaEY9c

LadyPBC

Wow - can't wait to dig into these posts and expand my list. We had to use 150 adjectives to describe GOD. This is fantastic - bless you #Sidney!!!

gn1g

I was talking to my mom about this discussion and she said well God is in all of us and the population is 6+ billion and none of us are alike.

sidney

Lord we believe that you are a Rewarder (Hebrews 11:6). We receive them by faith, for you are the God who rewards. We thank you for all the rewards you have given us; all of which are undeserved.

MSee

I AM THAT I AM Genesis 3:14

That name is special to me because of something that happened years ago. The day I found out I was pregnant with my 1st child I started spotting. Few days after it got much worst and I was told I must have already lost the baby. I told the doctor no, I had prayed. He humored me and said praying is good but blah, blah, blah. He put me on bed rest. That was a Wednesday, exactly one week after I had heard the good news that I was going to have a baby. By the Saturday things were not looking good at all and my faith sort of dipped but for some reason Abraham and his offering up Isaac and also the story of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego came to my mind and what they had told the king in Daniel 3:16-18, God is able to deliver but if not.... I got out of bed and and on my knees. I let God know that if He wants to take the child it was ok but I really would like to have my baby.

I kept getting weaker, along with everything else but I felt God was going to heal me. The next Thursday night I was home alone, weak and trembling in bed. I felt a strange urge to get up and sing a particular song, it was I Am God (as song by Shirley Ceasar). My sister had sent me the backing track but I just never could bring myself to sing it. The reason was quite silly, I felt uncomfortable singing 'I am God' in the chorus. However, I crawled out of bed and started playing the track and 'croaked' through the song but in the chorus I sang 'He is God' instead. I felt a nudge to sing it again and sing it right. I did and I don't remember how many times I had to repeat but, I finally let go of all my hang ups and was just singing as unto God when a strange thing happened. The wind outside started up. It was a strange wind, sounded almost like a whirlwind and it was like...I don't know how to explain. I stopped singing but before I had a chance to even wonder, I felt like something entered the room and it was like static electricity in the atmosphere. I didn't wait to see what next, I dropped on my knees and begged God not to let me see anything. Talk about scared stupid. It lasted a moment then everything died down. I got back in bed (never told a soul about the experience till months after). The next day I was still weak but the worst signs had stopped. The saturday I jumped out of bed and cleaned the house. I felt brand new. I got my baby girl. Both of us almost died in labour but we're still here :yep:

However, even though I finally testified about it, what happened that Thursday night never made much sense to me until 2 years ago. I was going through a whole lot of Church mess. The things I experienced because of other Christians made me question even my own life. My mind was a mess with all the drama one day and I remembered the incident above and questioned it, why did that strange thing happen anyway. I got a clear answer. "Because you called my name, I AM". Ladies, I had a break it down, praise moment. The song has in a number of God's names but the answer I got only pointed out 'I AM'. I had never made the connection before. That one answer changed a lot for me also.

I also like Alpha and Omega and Adonai.

Last edited:

Iwanthealthyhair67

MSee said:
I AM THAT I AM Genesis 3:14

That name is special to me because of something that happened years ago. The day I found out I was pregnant with my 1st child I started spotting. Few days after it got much worst and I was told I must have already lost the baby. I told the doctor no, I had prayed. He humored me and said praying is good but blah, blah, blah. He put me on bed rest. That was a Wednesday, exactly one week after I had heard the good news that I was going to have a baby. By the Saturday things were not looking good at all and my faith sort of dipped but for some reason Abraham and his offering up Isaac and also the story of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego came to my mind and what they had told the king in Daniel 3:16-18, God is able to deliver but if not.... I got out of bed and and on my knees. I let God know that if He wants to take the child it was ok but I really would like to have my baby.

I kept getting weaker, along with everything else but I felt God was going to heal me. The next Thursday night I was home alone, weak and trembling in bed. I felt a strange urge to get up and sing a particular song, it was I Am God (as song by Shirley Ceasar). My sister had sent me the backing track but I just never could bring myself to sing it. The reason was quite silly, I felt uncomfortable singing 'I am God' in the chorus. However, I crawled out of bed and started playing the track and 'croaked' through the song but in the chorus I sang 'He is God' instead. I felt a nudge to sing it again and sing it right. I did and I don't remember how many times I had to repeat but, I finally let go of all my hang ups and was just singing as unto God when a strange thing happened. The wind outside started up. It was a strange wind, sounded almost like a whirlwind and it was like...I don't know how to explain. I stopped singing but before I had a chance to even wonder, I felt like something entered the room and it was like static electricity in the atmosphere. I didn't wait to see what next, I dropped on my knees and begged God not to let me see anything. Talk about scared stupid. It lasted a moment then everything died down. I got back in bed (never told a soul about the experience till months after). The next day I was still weak but the worst signs had stopped. The saturday I jumped out of bed and cleaned the house. I felt brand new. I got my baby girl. Both of us almost died in labour but we're still here :yep:

However, even though I finally testified about it, what happened that Thursday night never made much sense to me until 2 years ago. I was going through a whole lot of Church mess. The things I experienced because of other Christians made me question even my own life. My mind was a mess with all the drama one day and I remembered the incident above and questioned it, why did that strange thing happen anyway. I got a clear answer. "Because you called my name, I AM". Ladies, I had a break it down, praise moment. The song has in a number of God's names but the answer I got only pointed out 'I AM'. I had never made the connection before. That one answer changed a lot for me also.

I also like Alpha and Omega and Adonai.

Wow awesome testimony, sounds like u had a visitation

sidney

MSee you experienced the same dunamis power from Acts 2. That power is a might y rushing wind. Amazing testimony!

MSee

MSee you experienced the same dunamis power from Acts 2. That power is a might y rushing wind. Amazing testimony!

Never thought of that, was just terrified. I was definately healed, but whatever was starting up in the room itself I may have stopped it with my fear based prayer.

It is written that they that call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. I believe it's not just referring to Salvation as we know it, but also out of other circumstances that we get caught in.

joy2day

I am totally late, but Sidney, thanks so much for tagging me. Some days when I log on and I am lurking, I can't tell that anyone has messaged or tagged me if I'm in the app.

But just to bump this thread, and mark my spot, my favorite attribute of God is His Consuming Fire!

I will be back to post more...

sidney

I am totally late, but Sidney, thanks so much for tagging me. Some days when I log on and I am lurking, I can't tell that anyone has messaged or tagged me if I'm in the app.

But just to bump this thread, and mark my spot, my favorite attribute of God is His Consuming Fire!

I will be back to post more...

Still waiting for the fire lol joy2day.

sidney

Last Adam

So it is written, "The first man Adam became a living being;" the last Adam, a life-giving spirit"
1 Cor 15:45