The bad/mean hair stylist thread

IMFOCSD

Why are some hair stylists so mean? I used to go to a salon in Cleveland and at first she was cool, but she soon let her true colors show. Oneday I went in for my appointment and told my stylist that I wanted to stop getting relaxers so often. At the time she was relaxing my hair every four weeks. She gets upset and tells me "what do you think I am going to be able to do to your hair look at all that newgrowth, girl you need a relaxer" so I sat there and let her relax my hair. A couple of weeks go by and I call her and tell her that my hair is breaking and I need some advice on what to do to my hair. Now when I first went to her I let her know that I was only going to be able to come in monthly. So she says to me "ugh maybe you need to get it done" so I remind her that I only come in once a month and she tells me, "I don't know what to tell you" Aint that something?
My last straw: Oneday I go to my stylist and let her know that I did not want anymore relaxers and asked her if she could just blowdry and flat iron like once a month and she said "that would be too much of a hassle because of your hair texture it would just snap off.... she goes on and on about my hair while showing her friends what kind of condition my hair was in. I felt so bad and was so humiliated that was when I went on a hunt and found LHCF. Anybody else wanna share a bad salon experience?

JLove74

sweetcoco said:
Why are some hair stylists so mean? I used to go to a salon in Cleveland and at first she was cool, but she soon let her true colors show. Oneday I went in for my appointment and told my stylist that I wanted to stop getting relaxers so often. At the time she was relaxing my hair every four weeks. She gets upset and tells me "what do you think I am going to be able to do to your hair look at all that newgrowth, girl you need a relaxer" so I sat there and let her relax my hair. A couple of weeks go by and I call her and tell her that my hair is breaking and I need some advice on what to do to my hair. Now when I first went to her I let her know that I was only going to be able to come in monthly. So she says to me "ugh maybe you need to get it done" so I remind her that I only come in once a month and she tells me, "I don't know what to tell you" Aint that something?
My last straw: Oneday I go to my stylist and let her know that I did not want anymore relaxers and asked her if she could just blowdry and flat iron like once a month and she said "that would be too much of a hassle because of your hair texture it would just snap off.... she goes on and on about my hair while showing her friends what kind of condition my hair was in. I felt so bad and was so humiliated that was when I went on a hunt and found LHCF. Anybody else wanna share a bad salon experience?

Stories like this always amaze me. I look at it like this, I'm a paying customer. If I don't want a relaxer or trim with my other services, I expect the stylist to do just that. If you (the customer) didn't want her to put in a relaxer why on Gods green earth did you let her? Why not say "No, that's not what I asked for" or better yet, get up outta her seat and leave?

Of course she couldn't give you advice, seems like she thinks that putting in a fresh relaxer is the key to solving all of her customers problems

IMFOCSD

Girl, I don't know why I let her talk to me the way she did. She was cool but she was very out spoken. The only reason I did not leave her sooner is because i saw all the other ladies hair she was doing and their hair was so healthy and long. But they were also her friends too, so maybe she was hooking them up. She used to tell me not to put anything in my hair but hair polish like every week because it will get weighed down, but my hair needs moisture.

She even over charged me oneday. I guess she thought since I only came to her once a month I did not remember her prices. I was getting the same thing ever month relaxer,wash, deep condtion, wrap, trim ends and flat iron for $60. The time she overcharged me was when i asked for a treatment for the first time and she charged me a extra $5. The treatment was $15 she charged me $20. But its cool though I dont need a stylist all I need is the ladies from LHCF. LOL!