The Benefits of Pre-Pooing

naturalgurl

Thanks, I wondered why people pre pooed. I use oils daily and I don't use shampoo so...

But it's good advice and it sounds right.

chebaby

thanx. i always pre poo. i usually use a moisturizing conditioner but i use oil once in a while too. this week coming up im going to pre poo with aubrey organics gpb and then the weeks to come after that i will start to use my vatika oil again.

Thanks for the article, I use to sleep with conditioner on my hair and my hair was so soft, I mean so much was coming out and after I stopped doing that and used oil, my hair was better, no more hair coming out....So I agree don't sleep with conditioner on your hair......

chebaby

i sleep with conditioner in my hair all the time during the summer. my hair was very soft and i did that almost every other day.

me-T

i might need to sleep w/ conditioner in then to get that softness so i dont have to take time out tryin to steam.

AtlantaJJ

I just pre-pooed with EVOO last night, I used to do it years ago when I was natural and got super results. This was before I knew SLS shampoos were bad so it definitely helped me maintain my moisture balance back then. And to think I was pressing my own hair back then too and it grew :scratchch

ETA: I'm going to prepoo from now on with one of my oils, it would also be a good way to get rid of some of the extra PJ conditioners I have laying around...:lol:

Last edited:

hurricane

Thanks for the article, I use to sleep with conditioner on my hair and my hair was so soft, I mean so much was coming out and after I stopped doing that and used oil, my hair was better, no more hair coming out....So I agree don't sleep with conditioner on your hair......

I use to sleep with condish. overnight until my hair started thinning right in the middle and in the back of my head.

I pre poo almost everyday.

chebaby

I have a newbie question.... What is "pre-poo"?
pre poo is when you give your hair a treatment before you shampoo, useing conditioner or oils. sometimes oils can tangle the hair so i usually use moisturizing conditioner but i ocasionally use oils.