The Beyond Waist Length Thread

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I have no idea what my goal is. I'm just letting it grow and grateful for all the hair that I have. I think I am at hip-length stretched.....it's to the top of my jeans so I guess that's hip. It was slowly getting longer but I've been trimming/dusting a lot lately. I like the look of my even trimmed hair, I'm not a fan of the fairy tale ends for myself at all.....maybe if my hair grew in uniform it wouldn't be a problem but my sides grow faster and I do not like that "bite chunk" taken out of my hair look. I plan on dusting more soon so I guess I'm not that worried about getting to a certain length in a certain amount of time.

BeautifulFlower

I think I wanna join this club. I've decided to maintain at waist length until its blunt and then I'll let it grow until I can't stand it anymore.

MissMarie

***sigh***
I don't have a particular goal. I still can't believe I'm past waist stretched!

I think I would like to shoot for BSL unstraightened, which would probably be at least tailbone stretched :shocked: If its possible. I've watched my hair grow since I chopped off the relaxer and in its kinky state it just keeps getting bigger and BIGGER. As much hair as I will need on my head to get to that goal I'm not altogether sure I can get there and maintain my sanity :lol:

I'm totally in awe of all the beautiful heads of hair repping in here.

ImFree27

I want to be terminal length. Whatever that is, but hopefully its at least waist - tailbone, because i would really like that...

*Muffin*

I'm not even BSL yet, but I just wanted to put it out there that I want as much hair as possible! I want to grow my hair to TBL and then after that I may or may not cut it up to WL. Only time will tell :rolleyes:.

*Happily Me*

thank you. GLAD to be here.

I was thinking, I can't WAIT for my hair to get even longer.. then I thought, girl, just sit here and enjoy the ride. There's no rush :)

LovinLocks

Chichelle you're such an inspiration.
Ultimately I'd like waistlength unstretched natural hair....let's see if it's doable.

Whim,

That's my goal too: WL no stretch. I'm a lil old so we'll see. Like someone said, I'm gonna chill and enjoy the ride while watching and encouraging all of you. (Always loved being a cheerleader).

Thanks, ladies. You're so way cool.

Namaste,

LL

Browndilocks

Browndisha Brownie Sundae
Dont know if I even posted in here but I'll join this. I'm somewhere between WL and TB. Actually, the big ole V in the back of my head is past TB but the front of my hair is just getting to WL :lol:. My goal is to have one constant length of hair all around, right at tailbone.

Cichelle

I'm still here! :)

I don't know if I'm at tailbone stretched yet. FlowerHair, our challenge is coming to an end. Can you believe it will soon be the end of the year?! Your hair looks so beautiful in your siggy. I took some pics in September, but haven't posted them anywhere yet. I guess I will in December.

I'm just going to just keep growing my hair for now and concentrate on good nutrition. I sometimes think of trimming once or twice a year, but I never actually do it.

I'm grateful and just letting my hair do it's thing from now on. I have been contemplating locs. My DH supports this idea. But I'm not sure I can commit to it. Sure would be cool not to have to detangle anymore!!!!

KittenLongPaw

I'm still here, growing along. While I was pregnant, I suddenly got the urge to cut my hair back, so I was doing trims about once a month, and even cut back to waist once. I guess it was growing faster than normal at that time, because it's back to where it was before pregnancy, and now I'm motivated to grow longer again.

I am in between hip and tailbone, and hoping to avoid a big post-partum hair shed. I have noticed that my hair is now shedding more than it was while I was pregnant, but not shedding any more than it used to before pregnancy.

FlowerHair, your hair looks beautiful :)

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
I'm still here! :)

I don't know if I'm at tailbone stretched yet. FlowerHair, our challenge is coming to an end. Can you believe it will soon be the end of the year?! Your hair looks so beautiful in your siggy. I took some pics in September, but haven't posted them anywhere yet. I guess I will in December.

I'm just going to just keep growing my hair for now and concentrate on good nutrition. I sometimes think of trimming once or twice a year, but I never actually do it.

I'm grateful and just letting my hair do it's thing from now on. I have been contemplating locs. My DH supports this idea. But I'm not sure I can commit to it. Sure would be cool not to have to detangle anymore!!!!

Locking sounds interesting... I wanted to do that too for a while a few years ago :) I'm sure it would be beautiful on you!

Soon we'll have the big reveal :grin: I just have to borrow a really good digital camera and take a few nice pics :D

tenjoy

Dont know if I even posted in here but I'll join this. I'm somewhere between WL and TB. Actually, the big ole V in the back of my head is past TB but the front of my hair is just getting to WL :lol:. My goal is to have one constant length of hair all around, right at tailbone.

I want in....Im trying to get full WL in Jan 2009. and Hip length by the Summer ( crosses fingers)

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
I want in....Im trying to get full WL in Jan 2009. and Hip length by the Summer ( crosses fingers)

You look like you're already in!
Your hair is so long now and beautiful! :D

We should ought to make a list someday of all the beyond waist length hairs here with links to regimens... :scratchch That seems like something I could do over the Christmas holidays!

luckiestdestiny

Great thread. I get to live vicariously through you guys! Hopefully I'll be there soon. Though I think at most I want to go for waist or tailbone (not sure until I see how it looks on me). I'm combing this thread for information!

onejamifan

I know I'm being ambitious here, but I'd love to join this challange :) My goal is to reach HL at some point next year and then stay there for a while. I used to have HL hair as a kid, so I guess I just want to back to the good ole days :)

Attachments

• hairchronicles 007.jpg
    hairchronicles 007.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 46

LongCurlyLocks

You look like you're already in!
Your hair is so long now and beautiful! :D

We should ought to make a list someday of all the beyond waist length hairs here with links to regimens... :scratchch That seems like something I could do over the Christmas holidays!

I like that idea Flower, I would like to know who too-you know you all are my inspros!:yep:

Sorry I can't join this now but hopefully you all can holla back at me this time in 2010...

RZILYNT

My last relaxer shows me at hip :yep: unstretched and I will maintain it at that. I will continue to trim to get the shape that I want I like the U instead of straight across blunt...oh my hair is so thin....no matter what length.

But I am afraid I will not be around to report any more growth as I will not be renewing my subscription next month. It was good growing with you all and I have learned quite a bit.

Chow!

RZ~

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
My last relaxer shows me at hip :yep: unstretched and I will maintain it at that. I will continue to trim to get the shape that I want I like the U instead of straight across blunt...oh my hair is so thin....no matter what length.

But I am afraid I will not be around to report any more growth as I will not be renewing my subscription next month. It was good growing with you all and I have learned quite a bit.

Chow!

RZ~

I'll miss you! Unless you get hooked on the Off Topic sections of this site I guess there is no use to stay after reaching hip length :D
Please come back one day, and if you don't I wish you the best of luck with everything (hair included :) )

Lucia

Chow!

RZ~

Congratz on reaching hip length, that's my goal too. Sorry to see you go, I hope you'll update with pics before you exit.

Last edited:

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

:nono: I've seen your curlie locks...they are beautiful in their natural state ...