The Beyond Waist Length Thread

JustKiya

My last relaxer shows me at hip :yep: unstretched and I will maintain it at that. I will continue to trim to get the shape that I want I like the U instead of straight across blunt...oh my hair is so thin....no matter what length.

But I am afraid I will not be around to report any more growth as I will not be renewing my subscription next month. It was good growing with you all and I have learned quite a bit.

Chow!

RZ~

Ah, Rzilynt, that's so fabulous that you reached your goals! Could you leave a picture for us to remember you (and be inspired) by? :lol:

I hope life and hair continue fabulously for you!

GoldenBreeze

It's great to read that everyone is doing so well on their goals of waist and beyond. Your growth is wonderful to see.

RZILYNT, I'll miss you, but congrats on reaching your goals. I'm looking forward to seeing your farewell pics. :yep:

I'm still pluging right along, and hope to be full WL, stretched, by the end of 2009.

There was an old thread that was for members growing their hair to longer lengths. I thought I'd start a new one, since some time has passed since the old thread was started. I've read several people here state that they are not interesting in growing their hair longer than BSL or MBL, so I was kind of wanting to hear from those who ARE.

Who is going for hip, tailbone or classic? I wouldn't mind having tailbone hair.....that would take years......but I would love to see if my hair can grow that long......

My goal is to get to hip length by my birthday in May '08, but I'll be quite happy to get there by next summer. My current goal is mid-back, but I might chang my mind later to tailbone.......

Who is with me? And what are you doing to get there? Please share. :)
I'm bunning/wet bunning, and moisturizing and oil......i'm going to use different grow aids, but one at a time, I don't want to over load, also I'm taking vitamins and not trimming, so I'll see how much growth I'll get with this regimen and decided if I want tailbone.

*Happily Me*

I just want to say that I :love: having long hair. I don't really have to style it... just braid and unravel. soooo easy!

I still get maddd knots, tangles and hair that's trying to dread, but then length makes it easier to quickly "style"

LunadeMiel

I'm still here! :)

I don't know if I'm at tailbone stretched yet. FlowerHair, our challenge is coming to an end. Can you believe it will soon be the end of the year?! Your hair looks so beautiful in your siggy. I took some pics in September, but haven't posted them anywhere yet. I guess I will in December.

I'm just going to just keep growing my hair for now and concentrate on good nutrition. I sometimes think of trimming once or twice a year, but I never actually do it.

I'm grateful and just letting my hair do it's thing from now on. I have been contemplating locs. My DH supports this idea. But I'm not sure I can commit to it. Sure would be cool not to have to detangle anymore!!!!

Please don't...:nono::sad::nono::sad::nono::sad:

blazingthru

Who is going for hip, tailbone or classic? I am going for hip length, I never really thought about it my goal was just waist length but why not go for all I can get.

My goal is to get to hip length by my birthday in April 2010. Now thats not a very long time but I am hoping for the impossible. Since others have achieved this in short periods why can't I. I might have to work harder but I am willing.

Who is with me? I am so with you. Going for the goal.

CurlyMoo

Who is going for hip, tailbone or classic? I am going for hip length, I never really thought about it my goal was just waist length but why not go for all I can get.

My goal is to get to hip length by my birthday in April 2010. Now thats not a very long time but I am hoping for the impossible. Since others have achieved this in short periods why can't I. I might have to work harder but I am willing.

I'm going for classic and I realized that I can't get there if I overmanipulate or trim. :yep: I'm working on a dusting routine. Hopefully by 2010 I will be hip length, and by my birthday or the end fo 2012 I will have reached my goal. Hair growth can be unpredictable, so we shall see.

Traycee

Im trying to make hip-length dec. 2009

Lucky's Mom

WOW.

I was happy with WSL - till I saw Cichelle, Poka, and FH....

I am going for it.... HIP or TailBone is fine by me!!!

GoldenBreeze

WOW.

I was happy with WSL - till I saw Cichelle, Poka, and FH....

I am going for it.... HIP or TailBone is fine by me!!!

I know! Doesn't it look beautiful? I've known from the very beginning that I wanted to sport TBL. I'm realizing that I may be a closet classic length lady in the making. Shhhh don't tell anyone......:lachen:

I first have to get to WL though, and I'm hoping for that by the end of this year. We haven't done a length check in 6 months. That's the plan for this weekend. :)

Last edited:

Lucia

Just checking in:
I'm holding at WSL, I trimmed alot in the last 5 months so I'm just letting it grow now my goal is still hip/tailbone. Updated my fotki and I'm doing a personal hide my hair until spring/summer 2009 to see how much length I can get.

There was an old thread that was for members growing their hair to longer lengths. I thought I'd start a new one, since some time has passed since the old thread was started. I've read several people here state that they are not interesting in growing their hair longer than BSL or MBL, so I was kind of wanting to hear from those who ARE.

Who is going for hip, tailbone or classic?

My goal is to get to hip length by my birthday in May '08, but I'll be quite happy to get there by next summer.

Who is with me? And what are you doing to get there? Please share. :)

Well I know this is very old, but I'm thinking about change my goal is tail bone......if I change my goal I'm looking at 4 or 5 years before I get there......I haven't found a regimen yet, but I'm trying........I think tailbone is beautiful and unique.