"The Bible" TV Series -- Sequel Coming to NBC

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Let's keep this thread bumped :bump: as a reminder.

I'm looking forward to the series of "The Bible" which aired this past Easter / Passover season on the History channel.

-----------------------------

'The Bible' Sequel: NBC Scores TV Rights to 'AD: Beyond the Bible'

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com

http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/the-bible-sequel-nbc-tv/2013/07/01/id/512825#ixzz2XviOpj3K

"The Bible" sequel is coming, and Mark Burnett and Roma Downey will air the second miniseries based on the Bible on NBC. The original scored massive ratings for the History Channel.

The new series, "A.D.: Beyond the Bible," will again feature producer husband-and-wife team Burnett and Roma Downey. Burnett is also executive producer of NBC's wildly popular singing competition show "The Voice."

"I followed the development process of 'The Bible' closely with Mark and knew that the story was far from over after Christ's Crucifixion," Bob Greenblatt, chairman of NBC Entertainment, said in a statement. "In fact, what happened in the aftermath — which is essentially the beginning of Christianity — is utterly fascinating.

The day after 'The Bible' premiered, I told Mark we were on board with no hesitation for the follow-up miniseries. This will be attention-getting in every way, and we're proud to continue our association with Mark which has just grown exponentially from 'The Voice.'"

"The Bible" premiere drew a record-breaking 13 million viewers to the History Channel, and its Easter Sunday episode had 11.7 million. The series made fans out of U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida, Oprah, and LL Cool J, among others.

"We are thrilled to bring the follow-up to our hit cable series 'The Bible' to broadcast television with NBC," said Burnett and Downey in a statement.

"Our new series, 'A.D.: Beyond the Bible,' is another massive project and a major commitment, but it’s a story that has to be told. It’s a story that changed the world. We look forward to making this an enormous television event on NBC."

The series will pick up where "The Bible" left off after Jesus' crucifixion.

"A perfect storm brews in the Holy Land, fueled by social injustice, Roman military oppression and religious unrest. High priests and the Herod dynasty vie for power.

Zealot revolutionaries turn to violence to regain what they believe is their promised land. And in the face of terrible odds and brutal persecution, the small band of Jesus' disciples stand against the combined might of Rome and their own local authorities," NBC's press release reads.

"In a generation of rebellion, war, famine, and carnage, who can they trust? Who should they fear? Will tomorrow bring a violent death? For many, it does... but others survive, and as the storm around them breaks, the fate of Israel, of Rome, and of their faith is decided."

----------------------------

My only disappointment is that NBC capitalizes on this series when it should be a 'gain' for the Body of Christ to further the Gospel. I would have preferred a cable/satellite Ministry Station such as 'DayStar' or another who should be the benefactor of the proceeds, rather than the 'world' which does not support the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

To me it's the World profiting from our legacy and heritage which God has given to us so richly and now we 'forfeit' the monetary gain which could be put to Holy use instead.

However, in the Name of Jesus, I bind the proceeds and all monetary advantages to the Body of Christ. The world shall be used as the platform 'ONLY' to bring others to the heart of God without compromise and lives will be saved and rendered whole unto God. In Jesus' Name, shall it be done and cannot be undone.

Amen and Amen.

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Cool. I really enjoyed the orignal series on History. I'm hope they don't change up the format since it will be on a different network. I would have preferred for the series to have stayed on History. Maybe History Channel will move on to cover other holy texts for other religions that would be cool.

momi

Good to know! Now that brings the number of tv sows we can watch together as a family to a grand total of <<< drumroll please>>>

Four.

Lol

Shimmie

Staff member
Good to know! Now that brings the number of tv sows we can watch together as a family to a grand total of

<<< drumroll please>>>

Four.

Lol

:lol::lol::lol: @'drumroll please' :lol:

My favorite line is:

'Wait for it -- Wait for it' :lol:

But is four truly all there is... ?

Shimmie

Staff member
Cool. I really enjoyed the orignal series on History. I'm hope they don't change up the format since it will be on a different network. I would have preferred for the series to have stayed on History. Maybe History Channel will move on to cover other holy texts for other religions that would be cool.

Excellent point Meritamen... no compromising or 'taming' of the Gospel just because it has a 'different' audience. Let it all be God's Truth, straight no chasers. :yep: This could be part of our prayers for this series.

I still wish that it were not on the NBC network for their financial profit. I'd so rather it were benefiting a Christian network such as DayStar and even CBN. The full benefit would be for the Gospel of the Kingdom of God and not a crumb or dime to the World.

Shimmie

Staff member
I heard it on the radio this morning. Yayyyyyyyy

I really enjoyed the first series. Looking forward to watching the sequel.

I'm looking forward to this as well. So many people were talking about this and in good, wholesome conversations with healthy feedback and excitement. People were 'charged' up about the Bible and anxiously looking forward to each episode. I loved it. Even co-workers had positive comments and it was a very healthy atmosphere. No dissentions of any kind.

This series had the largest viewing audience in the millions... this is amazing and to God be the Glory. :yep:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
:bump: :bump:

Bumping with update I just read about the movie coming to theaters....

Mark Burnett and his wife, Roma Downey, executive producers of the hit TV miniseries “The Bible,” have adapted the five episodes dealing with the life of Jesus for a major theatrical release to be called “Son of God.”

The episodes, with some added unseen footage, have been edited to two hours, 15 minutes and will be released Feb. 28, the weekend before the Christian observance of Ash Wednesday, which marks the beginning of Lent.

“We believe firmly this is God’s plan. There’s no other explanation for it,” Burnett said. “This is not even some little limited independent release. This is a major motion picture release.”

“The Bible” was the first scripted series from Burnett, the hitmaker behind TV reality shows such as “Survivor,” “The Apprentice” and “The Voice.” The miniseries covered the books of Genesis to Revelation, with five hours devoted to the Old Testament and five to the New Testament.

Burnett says the seeds for a movie were planted while watching Portuguese star Diogo Morgado as Jesus Christ during shooting in Morocco in 2012. But the serious dreaming started after The Bible was a hit for the History Channel.

The series was such a success that Burnett and Downey are working on a follow-up, “A.D.: Beyond the Bible,” for NBC.

Shimmie

Staff member

Mark Burnett and his wife, Roma Downey, executive producers of the hit TV miniseries “The Bible,” have adapted the five episodes dealing with the life of Jesus for a major theatrical release to be called “Son of God.”

The episodes, with some added unseen footage, have been edited to two hours, 15 minutes and will be released Feb. 28, the weekend before the Christian observance of Ash Wednesday, which marks the beginning of Lent.

“We believe firmly this is God’s plan. There’s no other explanation for it,” Burnett said. “This is not even some little limited independent release. This is a major motion picture release.”

“The Bible” was the first scripted series from Burnett, the hitmaker behind TV reality shows such as “Survivor,” “The Apprentice” and “The Voice.” The miniseries covered the books of Genesis to Revelation, with five hours devoted to the Old Testament and five to the New Testament.

Burnett says the seeds for a movie were planted while watching Portuguese star Diogo Morgado as Jesus Christ during shooting in Morocco in 2012. But the serious dreaming started after The Bible was a hit for the History Channel.

The series was such a success that Burnett and Downey are working on a follow-up, “A.D.: Beyond the Bible,” for NBC.

Thank you Laela... :love2:

I will share this update with my family as well. :yep:

PinkPebbles

Thank you Laela....I look forward to this movie!

People across the world will be introduced to the Son of God

God is knocking on the door of hearts and I pray all will let Him in....