The Big Chop Challenge

Why is your Big Chop Necessary

• Total voters

Hairicome

Hi Ladies,

How many of you have been putting it off? Trying to hold on to this dead horse we call hair. Do you need to start over, but you are to scared to sacrifice what is killing the new sprouts that do come in? Well, I challenge those of you to cut and till your dead garden of hair and fertilize it, nuture it and rejoice in the blossoming of new, strong and lavish tresses for 2009. My Big Chop was yesterday 7/26/2008. I look forward to my new mane, strong and vibrant with the care and love that I will give it. Let's do it.

Note: For the brave and serious only.

http://public.fotki.com/hairicome/

Last edited:

ElizaBlue

Hey honey,

I cannot believe you cut off all your hair. But not to fret, it'll be back in no time and even healthier and thicker.

Heck I may just be joining you to see what my natural tresses look like.

JustKiya

Wow! Congrats!!

I still really wish I had started bald, esp since I ended up cutting off all of my post loc-removal hair, anyhow.

I think taking the journey from no hair to long hair is a marvelous one!

bellezanegra826

i cut to shoulder length on thursday or friday( i can't remember) and my hair is sooooooooo thick! i'm so glad i cut it b/c it looks so much better now.

ElizaBlue

Hey honey,

I'm up type type typing away. Yeah I can see some movement in the crown. He// I might even Big Chop my self when I come out of these twists.

And by the way, I light-weight hate you because your skin in just unreal. You been holding out on some kinda miracle cream. Give it up. Give it up.

You know my momma always telling me I'm look like my daddy's momma when I get old. Help a sister out. Don't let me go out like yte granny ma.

What is the secret?

Hairicome

Hey honey,

I'm up type type typing away. Yeah I can see some movement in the crown. He// I might even Big Chop my self when I come out of these twists.

And by the way, I light-weight hate you because your skin in just unreal. You been holding out on some kinda miracle cream. Give it up. Give it up.

You know my momma always telling me I'm look like my daddy's momma when I get old. Help a sister out. Don't let me go out like yte granny ma.

What is the secret?

Girl,

Honestly it is genetics mostly, But I maintain by using these produts in this way: I have a big fear of aging and it showing so I do all of this ritualistically

Facial Washes:
Noxema - Daily cleanser, morning & evening

Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Rejuvenator used once weekly (sloughs dead skin) talking about smooth and bright skin afterwards. I cannot live without this one. $5 coupon @ www.neutrogena.com

St. Ives- Medicated Apricot Scrub ( to remove dead skin) used once weekly - just a maintainer, the Neutrogena system above is more thorough and should not be used but once a week

Phisoderm- Acne Wash (used to prevent breakouts) used 2x weekly
Note: Ocassionally I will sleep with a little mixed in my night time moisturizer over night to prevent a break, especially a few days prior to my cycle and during my cycle because we a get a bump or two during this time. This is also an overnight BUMP killer if you put some on a bump before go to bed it will be gone in the morning when you wake

Toner - Any (Tightens Pores) - Daily

Astringent - Any (removes oily and deep dirt) - Daily

Clay Mask - St. Ives Blue Firming Mask (Every 2 weeks)

Peel Off Mask - St. Ives Peel Off Hydroxy Mask (Every 2 weeks)

Moisturizers:
Avon - Anew Luminosity Ultra- Skin Brightner (It can be brought @ a Kiosk in the mall, online or a representative) I swear by this one

Cindy Crawford's "Meaning Beauty" - Anti-Aging Maintenance System - Order Online @ www.meaningfulbeauty.com (for face, neck and eyes)

Last edited:

ElizaBlue

Girl,

Honestly it is genetics mostly, But I maintain by using these produts in this way: I have a big fear of aging and it showing so I do all of this ritualistically

Facial Washes:
Noxema - Daily cleanser, morning & evening

Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Rejuvenator used once weekly (sloughs dead skin) talking about smooth and bright skin afterwards. I cannot live without this one. $5 coupon @ www.neutrogena.com

St. Ives- Medicated Apricot Scrub ( to remove dead skin) used once weekly - just a maintainer, the Neutrogena system above is more thorough and should not be used but once a week

Phisoderm- Acne Wash (used to prevent breakouts) used 2x weekly
Note: Ocassionally I will sleep with a little mixed in my night time moisturizer over night to prevent a break, especially a few days prior to my cycle and during my cycle because we a get a bump or two during this time. This is also an overnight BUMP killer if you put some on a bump before go to bed it will be gone in the morning when you wake

Toner - Any (Tightens Pores) - Daily

Astringent - Any (removes oily and deep dirt) - Daily

Clay Mask - St. Ives Blue Firming Mask (Every 2 weeks)

Peel Off Mask - St. Ives Peel Off Hydroxy Mask (Every 2 weeks)

Moisturizers:
Avon - Anew Luminosity Ultra- Skin Brightner (It can be brought @ a Kiosk in the mall, online or a representative) I swear by this one

Cindy Crawford's "Meaning Beauty" - Anti-Aging Maintenance System - Order Online @ www.meaningfulbeauty.com (for face, neck and eyes)

I know you've probably told me before, but for the benefit of those who may not know (and yes I forgot) how does the Neutrogena Healty Skin work. Is this the acid wash?

I gotta get back to Noxema, that is the true. I need to get some for the Spawn to, because everything else seem to give him an allergic reaction.

Hairicome

I know you've probably told me before, but for the benefit of those who may not know (and yes I forgot) how does the Neutrogena Healty Skin work. Is this the acid wash?

I gotta get back to Noxema, that is the true. I need to get some for the Spawn to, because everything else seem to give him an allergic reaction.
The Neutrogena system is a skin sloughing hand held device that you attach a pad (similar to a flat loofah sponge with cleanser infused in it) to the head of it and with the rotating motion of your hand over your entire face you remove all the dead skin cells that make your face appear and feel rough

Hairicome

The Neutrogena system is a skin sloughing hand held device that you attach a pad (similar to a flat loofah sponge with cleanser infused in it) to the head of it and with the rotating motion of your hand over your entire face you remove all the dead skin cells that make your face appear and feel rough

I also do a 'Acid Peel" annually http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/ this is good for removing blotches, dark spots & rough skin. The results are baby smooth, soft and even tone skin. the down side is that you peel for two 1 to 2 weeks. I use 18% strength because I used the lessor strengths in the past so I know how strong I can take it. Directions have to be followed to a "T".

Last edited:
i cannot express how badly i just want to cut off my relaxed ends. i losth them so!. it will 1 year into my transition on 1 march and im trying so hard to hold out. i cut off small sections in the back of my hair (nape) just to try out produtcts and have a reason tho be a product junkie and that section grows every time i wash my hair. i only havent done the BC cause im in the military and have no idea what ill do whith it since it wont be ponytail length. if you ladies have ideas...??? until then im cornrowing and seneglese twisting and, if i can find a stylist to do it cause im too lazy, kinky twists long enough to neatly bun and ponytail. i can wait.

Hairicome

Hey honey,

I cannot believe you cut off all your hair. But not to fret, it'll be back in no time and even healthier and thicker.

Heck I may just be joining you to see what my natural tresses look like.

What have you been doing. Your hair is unrecognizable. I know your name but your hair is amazing. You go girl, keep it up and call me and let me know what products are working your miracle. I must admit I've slacked off a lot.

morehairplease

Hey sweetie,

I wanted to say congrats on your bc. When I first big chopped in 2004, I had a cut similar to yours but much shorter and I LOVED every second of it. You look beautiful, btw!!

ElizaBlue

What have you been doing. Your hair is unrecognizable. I know your name but your hair is amazing. You go girl, keep it up and call me and let me know what products are working your miracle. I must admit I've slacked off a lot.

Hey baby! What is up? Yeah I'm seriously thinking about my Halle style on the daily now. I know when I get the itch to chop it won't be long. I betta see some twists this weekend or let the floor catch it.

It's Megatek on the daily over here, that and the Aphogee system.