The big trim

Victorian

old head
After my adventures with clarifying and being amazed at how much better my conditioners worked, I decided that it was time to trim. It's actually been time to trim for quite some time...My mom usually does it for me and she was at work so I took it upon myself to trim my own hair (with a little help from my sister to catch the stray hairs I missed).

It was the first time in a really long time that I let my hair air-dry all the way just hanging loose. I figured if it felt too straw-like I could just do a CO wash the next day so I would live. I couldn't do my normal drying in braids because it would take too long, and more importantly, I needed to have my hair straight so I could cut it evenly. I had to take off a lot. I mean A LOT. Like 2-3 inches. Years of heat damage...I would have done the gradual thing, but I worked up the nerve to do it all at once and I went for it...

So it all worked out in the end. I won't bore you with details. I did take pictures though, and the link is in my sig (I REALLY feel like a member now
j/k)

Lindy

It looks like you did a great job cutting your hair!!
It looks so nice & blunt in the back.

Sometimes a good trim can make the hair look so much better! I'm getting mine trimmed today and I'm actually looking forward to having even ends again.

Tracy

What an INGENIOUS way to take pics BlackCardinal!
Smart Girl! I look like a circus freak from the positions I get into when I take pics. I'll do it this way from now on!

Your hair is GORGOEUS girl! Good trim! I need to come to your house and get my trim on!

Victorian

old head
I put my hair up in a high ponytail and cut straight across. When I took it down it wasn't quite even so I put it in a low ponytail and cut the hairs that were sticking out. Finally, when I looked in the mirror at the back and saw a little section that I still hadn't quite evened up, I went to my sister with the scissors

Spagirl

Congratulations! Seeing your results is an encouragement to me. I just don't like going to get my hair done anymore.