The Black Church

felic1

I am not saying that anyone should be lambasted from the pulpit, but
I don't see the point of the homosexual or any other unsaved person coming to church week after week and there is no change, they shouldn't feel comfortable in any service but convicted, let the word of God have its effectual work in them and in me.

I am also opposed to people being used in ministry for 'talent' if they are not saved they shouldn't have any place in ministry...

If Aaron and Eli's sons were punished that should tell you how strongly God feels about how we should come into His presence, God has not changed NO flesh shall glory there.

I'm sure I will get a few backlashes but you all know I don't mind

Hi Sis! I believe that there is deliverance from homosexuality. Every ministry does not practice deliverance or casting out devils. I do not think the focus is their fellowshipping in the local church week after week. Can the person overtaken in homosexuality have the yoke destroyed. This is what is needed. I hope that I have explained what is needed. Did I make what I was referring to clear? My statement was that the homosexual population needs to come to church to have the devil cast out. Not humiliated because they are in bondage.

Iwanthealthyhair67

Amen! Felic1 the deliverance ministry is necessary and needed in the church it also allows for ongoing help, too many of our churches don't have time for it.

Understood...

Also, providing that some who are coming to church are seeking help... then there are some who want a relationship with God but do not want to change their way of life, God must conform to them and not the other way around.

Hi Sis! I believe that there is deliverance from homosexuality. Every ministry does not practice deliverance or casting out devils. I do not think the focus is their fellowshipping in the local church week after week. Can the person overtaken in homosexuality have the yoke destroyed. This is what is needed. I hope that I have explained what is needed. Did I make what I was referring to clear? My statement was that the homosexual population needs to come to church to have the devil cast out. Not humiliated because they are in bondage.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
What your thoughts on these insights?

But today, black pastors and black theologians have little sustained dialogue. Consequently, the black church is not hearing the critical insights of its trained theologians, biblical scholars and ethicists on such complicated moral issues as growing income inequality, marriage equality and climate change. Moreover, black theology has retreated far into the enclaves of academia,having little influence in the churches and on the ground. This increasing divide means that the black church is losing its mind, that is critical insight into its historic sense of mission and black theology is losing its heart, the will and wherewithal to actually change the world. Perhaps that is why gospel music -- popular in churches and mainstream culture -- shows virtually no evidence of any social consciousness at all. At a critical time, in which some sectors of the society, such as the criminal justice system are actually worse than they were fifty years ago, there is no real movement and no movement songs.
- Rev. Raphael Gamaliel Warnock, Ph. D.Senior Pastor, Ebenezer Baptist Church

TODAY
Because today's core concerns remain unaddressed, increasing numbers of African Americans are looking for theological answers. The church is strategically positioned to meet this challenge. While the traditional church has played a key role in the Black experience, it is not equipped for the task before us in its present state. It will continue to be unable to connect with those who are seeking answers to their theological questions. Addressing these concerns requires new models of the church – models able to appreciate the old traditions yet armed with theology that is biblical, cognitive and applied to addressing legitimate African American cultural core concerns.
-Dr. Carl Ellis, Jr. | Ed Stetzer