The Black Church

yodie

I totally agree with you MrsHaseeb...

But you know what? I haven't truly witnessed hypocrisy as much as it's being talked about. Mind you, I know it's there in the 'mix', so to speak, but it's not as rampant as some seem to think it is.

This is not directed towards you or your comment... Please believe me. It's not. It's just that most people who 'cry' hypocrite are those who don't want to be convicted of what they are doing wrong. And I know that you've experienced this yourself. When you've tried to 'mentor' or advise someone, the first thing they yell at you is 'hypocrite' and they're just trying to shut you down to keep from facing what they are doing wrong.

I hope my post makes sense. Again, what I said above is knot directed at you. Hey, I couldn't make here without you. :giveheart:

I say this all the time! Another response that throws me is... You're supposed to be a Christian or you're trying to be holier than thou.

I pray for a revival of righteousness and family values in our churches today and that we would invite the Holy Spirit into more of our lives at home and WAIT on him to have his way in our services. Wouldn't it be nice if we just came into church and waited on the spirit, threw our morning program, agenda, ministry team, set schedule...aside for a moment and just sang, worshipped, and waited on the Holy Spirit until his presence fell. Wow.

Last edited:

felic1

What I feel about the black church is that they need to stop being hypocrites. They need to repent and be accountable for all the things going on in the church before they can correct homosexuals or anybody else. Fighting battles with petitions and marches to stop gay marriage is hypocritical and carnal. We fight with the Gospel and with letting our light shine. The world is mocking the church because of all the hypocrisy. Homosexuality and other sin was rampant in the Roman empire yet we do not see the Apostles fighting a political war. They fought by living the Gospel and preaching the Gospel. I'll stop there.

MrsHaseeb...C'mon baby! You are preaching to the choir! We have missed the mark regarding the homosexual community. We have so disfellowshipped them because of their sin and lifestyle that they do not feel welcomed in church. God does want to deliver the homosexual. And the liar and the fornicator. If we cannot love each other ( the saints) how on earth will we win the ungodly. There is so much turning up the nose at the brethren, how can we receive the heathen. We can only correct ourselves and pray for the saints!:look:

Iwanthealthyhair67

This how to grow your church is becoming outrageous, pastors are elevated to demigods and simply don't have the time for ministry if he is preaching three services on Sunday morning or has to run off to a church in another location, writing books, producing movies, doing tv shows working on 'their brand' etc., churches are big business now....

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I say this all the time! Another response that throws me is... You're supposed to be a Christian or you're trying to be holier than thou.

I pray for a revival of righteousness and family values in our churches today and that we would invite the Holy Spirit into more of our lives at home and WAIT on him to have his way in our services. Wouldn't it be nice if we just came into church and waited on the spirit, threw our morning program, agenda, ministry team, set schedule...aside for a moment and just sang, worshipped, and waited on the Holy Spirit until his presence fell. Wow.

Amazing... For God inhabits the praises of His children.

Iwanthealthyhair67

@MrsHaseeb...C'mon baby! You are preaching to the choir! We have missed the mark regarding the homosexual community. We have so disfellowshipped them because of their sin and lifestyle that they do not feel welcomed in church. God does want to deliver the homosexual. And the liar and the fornicator. If we cannot love each other ( the saints) how on earth will we win the ungodly. There is so much turning up the nose at the brethren, how can we receive the heathen. We can only correct ourselves and pray for the saints!:look:

I am not saying that anyone should be lambasted from the pulpit, but
I don't see the point of the homosexual or any other unsaved person coming to church week after week and there is no change, they shouldn't feel comfortable in any service but convicted, let the word of God have its effectual work in them and in me.

I am also opposed to people being used in ministry for 'talent' if they are not saved they shouldn't have any place in ministry...

If Aaron and Eli's sons were punished that should tell you how strongly God feels about how we should come into His presence, God has not changed NO flesh shall glory there.

I'm sure I will get a few backlashes but you all know I don't mind

yodie

Hi ladies.

See the attachment for more information about The Every Woman Talk Show tonight.

Our show starts tonight at 7 PM EST. We're on every Tues with a different topic. Just wanted to share this one with the Christian forum. You can call in to listen in or chat with us at 646.478.4507. Press 1 to chat. You can also tune in online (see info on postcard)

Thanks for your feedback. I hope this thread keeps going.

Attachments

• 1625616_665843420146592_1961940753_n.jpg
    1625616_665843420146592_1961940753_n.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 8

MrsHaseeb

I don't see the point of the homosexual or any other unsaved person coming to church week after week and there is no change, they shouldn't feel comfortable in any service but convicted, let the word of God have its effectual work in them and in me.

I am also opposed to people being used in ministry for 'talent' if they are not saved they shouldn't have any place in ministry...

If Aaron and Eli's sons were punished that should tell you how strongly God feels about how we should come into His presence, God has not changed NO flesh shall glory there.

Sis,you are 100% right and 1 Corinthians 5 supports you. A little leaven leavens the whole lump. Unsaved people sitting in unrepentant sin is one reason the black church is in the state its in.

Shimmie

Staff member

I will hug you precious sister...

:bighug:

yodie

How about people that aren't saved, yet talented, lead ministries. I even go as far as non-tithers leading ministries. Not a popular opinion, but it is mine.

yodie

Even with all of our opinions, emotions, thoughts, and perspective, God knew we would be in the state that we're in today. I'm grateful that He invites, want, allows, and me desires me to have intimate personal relationship with him. No GREATER love!

MrsHaseeb

How about people that aren't saved, yet talented, lead ministries. I even go as far as non-tithers leading ministries. Not a popular opinion, but it is mine.

This is not in Scripture as a standard to judge believers by. Tithing as taught today is false. There is nothing wrong with believers giving 10% to their assembly but look around at the black church, teaching prosperity while some saints, especially single mothers, are drowning barely able to make ends meet. My comment is not to address whether tithing is valid, the thread will turn ugly over that but it's not right to judge people based on not tithing. That's not Biblical.

yodie

As I said, my statement isn't a popular opinion, but it's mine. Thank you for offering yours.

Shimmie

Staff member
Hi ladies.

I'm a co-host of an online talk show called The Every Woman Talk Show.
Our topic tonight is The Black Church - then, now and the future.
We air 7pm EST. You can call in to chat or just listen in at 646.478.4507 or you can listen online at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/shadowworldzradionetwork

Our guest on tonight is Ron Christian of Christian Love Baptist Church in Irvington, NJ.

I wanted to talk about it with you ladies and get your views.

1. What do you think about the black church and it's role on the community -
past, present, and future?

2. What about the role of the black church in Civil Rights, social justice?

3. Has the church strayed too far from basics in favor of a prosperity gospel?

Any thoughts or comments are welcomed.

Let's chat today.

I'm listening now. Join in if you are able. :up: :yep:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Hi Yodie

I've been tuned in ..this is my first time listening so I wasn't aware there is intro chat first...they've discussed the Dunn trial (great points) and even cake.. lol..

OK the topic of discussion starts in a minute... :yep:

Shimmie

Staff member
Hi Yodie

I've been tuned in ..this is my first time listening so I wasn't aware there is intro chat first...they've discussed the Dunn trial (great points) and even cake.. lol..

OK the topic of discussion starts in a minute... :yep:

:yep::yep::yep: Pastor Ron is speaking now.

Shimmie

Staff member
:yep::yep::yep: Pastor Ron is speaking now.

Last year he buried 167 young Black men UNDER 30 years old...gun shots ! ? ! ? !

Good Lord... and the year before 180 something ? ? ? ? And as many as four caskets lined up in the Church at the same time. Dear God!

And we have Black folks fighting for gay rights, while our own are dying by the 1000's everyday in this country. Who's fighting to save our Black men and children ? :nono:

Laela

OH MY ... Pastor Ron said THE SAME THING I heard on my midday radio sermon (Free Chapel's Dr Mark Rutland) about Mary being the first evangelist -- as an example to refute rules (about women, in this case).

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
OH MY ... Pastor Ron said THE SAME THING I heard on my midday radio sermon (Free Chapel's Dr Mark Rutland) about Mary being the first evangelist to refute rules (about women, in this case).

She sure was... She did what 'Eve' failed to do. :yep:

Shimmie

Staff member
WHY is a hard question to answer.. lol

I know.... right?

The topic of Women Pastors set a trigger here. :yep: A good one though.

Pastor Ron is good with these comments and questions, though :up:

Shimmie

Staff member
He's right about 'transparency', it depends on the crowd. He's good with these answers. :yep:

At what point is too much when it comes to saving a soul?

:amen: Amein :amen:

Shimmie

Staff member
Pastor's of LA ?

He wanted to add a different level of respect so he declined a Reality show. Good decision, Pastor Ron.

Shimmie

Staff member
Oooooooooooooo Oooooooooooo '

What signifies a 'Mega Church'? Do you know?

Pastor Ron is for real... :yep:

Any Church which is over 1500 members is a Mega Church.

Laela

Shimmie:

Pastor Ron:

Do you know what "Gospel" means? (hosts pause)

Do you know what a "Mega Church" is? (hosts pause)

:lol:

He was missing it on the "corporation" question .. at least where they were trying to go with it. He's on another, nobler level of thinking. lol

Oooooooooooooo Oooooooooooo '

What signifies a 'Mega Church'? Do you know?

Pastor Ron is for real... :yep:

Any Church which is over 1500 members is a Mega Church.

Shimmie

Staff member
@Shimmie:

Pastor Ron:

Do you know what "Gospel" means? (hosts pause)

Do you know what a "Mega Church" is? (hosts pause)

:lol:

He was missing it on the "corporation" question .. at least where they were trying to go with it. He's on another, nobler level of thinking. lol

He's just one man there, though... :lol: These sista's questions are tough... :lol:

It's a good listen, it really is. :up:

Laela

I have to agree, the black church's role has drastically changed in the community, its influence taken away by the government ( and other influences). Where it used to be the foundation and center of a community for literally everything.. it's now considered a 'side show' and that's unfortunate because the black church has strong historical roots.

Shimmie

Staff member
Keeping the Dream Alive and Not Just in February! Next Week's Topic! :up:

They have a men's Ministry as well on this broadcast. I need Jodie to share more information on this on men's topics.

Might learn something... :look: