The Cellophane and Clear Rinse Thread

Sui Topi

I'm planning to do one soon! A red color. Hopefully it will come out like wheezy807's in her old siggy with the curls. I think it's in her fotki also, but the one when she is wearing I think a green top or something lol.

wheezy807

I'm planning to do one soon! A red color. Hopefully it will come out like wheezy807's in her old siggy with the curls. I think it's in her fotki also, but the one when she is wearing I think a green top or something lol.
Yeah, that was Rojissimo (bright red) from roundbrushhair.com. Whatever you decide to do please post a pic. I would love to see your results.

LaidBak

Bumping and subscribing.
John Freida is discontinuing "Amber to Maple" color glaze. So naturally I went and bought 3 bottles of it. :)

Kurlee

I've used colored cellophanes for the past 5 or 6 years and have never had a bad experience! Love Color Showers. Adore is probably the cheapest ($3.99 around my way). I've only used two; Sebastian and Color Showers. Color Showers doesn't get all over your clothes like Sebastian. I recolor whenever I feel like it, or when my roots tell me it's time! Based on another thread, I was thinking of buying clear and adding to some of my conditioners.
so it does run on clothes?

R4L

I had better results with the John Frieda over the color showers. The color showers ended up staining my hands and my tub and didn't do all that much for my hair. It did change the color but it didn't feel better. After doing the John Frieda, no stained nails, no stained tub, and my hair didn't shed as much and looked better.

LadyLeoSmile

My hair is kinda resistant to color, so I used to always get a cellophane just for some highlight (it only really showed in the sun), but this was back in the early 90s! I had just given up on coloring my hair, because I have to either get it professionally done, or use the harsh kits to make it stick.

I think I'll try a clear cellophane for shine and softness for now, becuase I colored my hair almost a year ago and I have color still.

*goes back to read what the good ones were*

varaneka

I've only used a clear glaze by John Frieda

When my roots start showing more, I'm going to start doing color showers so my hair doesn't get fried again

outspokenwallflower

Redken Shades EQ...they have a ton of beautiful shades and they have different color formulas (gotta find the page) for what you want your outcome to look like. The shades are actually conditioning to your hair and it comes out very soft and super shiny. I can only imagine what the clear shade would look like. This is a demi-permanent, but it is also the #1 Salon rated brand in America.

Lady Esquire

Does John Frieda Luminous color glaze cover gray?

Not well, but there is some color deposit.

I have been using John Frieda frequently during the last few weeks of my relaxer stretch. However, yesterday I bought Ion Color Brilliance Semi-Permanent Blackest Black (w/aloe vera, pro-vita B-5, silk protein, jojoba oil, and vitamin E).

I've never tried it before but I do not have time for a Henna/Indigo application and I need something quick to cover grey, for Thanksgiving. Anyone ever try this before?

Last edited:

asummertyme

Bumping and subbing...I have used cellophanes since I was a kid and it really does wonders....I have tried John frieda twice but it cant compare to the sebastians...I wanna try colorshowers since its a cheaper alternative...cause 40 for some sebastians is really not a good look..and its hard for me to find it in brown tones...

LongTimeComing

I used to get cellophanes all the time when I used to go to the beauty shop. They were made by Dudlet's though. I've done clear and a cherry color. i'm gonna go see if I can find the John Frieda clear. My hair needs some shine for NYE.

AtlantaJJ

I'm using the older formula cellophane and it's sort of hit or miss at covering my grays especially in the front. (I miss my henna now...that's another story)

I am interested in a semi permanent peroxide free color that covers gray. Does a product like this exist? LOL

LovelyLionessa

I'm using the older formula cellophane and it's sort of hit or miss at covering my grays especially in the front. (I miss my henna now...that's another story)

I am interested in a semi permanent peroxide free color that covers gray. Does a product like this exist? LOL

I used KISS Semi-Permanent rinse after my touch up a couple of weeks ago and was really impressed. This stuff covers grey waaaaay better than John Frieda. JF's Brunette shade gives me coppery red grays after multiple applications. KISS has better and more natural coverage with one application. It stains skin so you have to wipe it right away. I had some left on my scalp too but that came off with my next shampoo. Very good stuff though. :up:

wheezy807

I used KISS Semi-Permanent rinse after my touch up a couple of weeks ago and was really impressed. This stuff covers grey waaaaay better than John Frieda. JF's Brunette shade gives me coppery red grays after multiple applications. KISS has better and more natural coverage with one application. It stains skin so you have to wipe it right away. I had some left on my scalp too but that came off with my next shampoo. Very good stuff though. :up:
Where could i purchase this?

ElegantExotic

I used Matrix Prizms Plus Clear this weekend and am extremely happy!

My hair is soft, shiny and smooth. I will definitely be adding it to my routine.

I would also like to try the latest Sebastian Laminates Cellophane in clear, as well as color in both the Matrix and Sebastian.

xcuzememiss

im applying my clear Adore rinse today. I first did a moisturizing pre-poo. then I'm going to follow with the rinse mixed with a bit of Keracare Humecto. Hope it comes out BLINGY

ccd

Forgot how much I loved doing rinses!!! I wanted to perk things up and went looking for what I had:

Cellophane Ginger- Sebastian
Bano de colors- clear
JF Brunette Glaze

So after procrastinating yesterday - I washed then put DC ( but I didn't rinse out an olive oil/ kholestral treatment until today:look:) I decided to do the Bano AND mix JF ( without reading this mind you)....what the heck. I had them and before I go getting anything else ( Lord knows I don't need.....I shoulda given that up for LEnt! Dang! ok sorry)

Welll OMMMMYyyyy I rinse out the glaze and my hair is sooo silky soft, I didn't condition after :blush::blush::blush: Opps well, I realized only after being under the dryer for 30 mins.... My rollerset went smooth, my hair felt nice and soft but strong.....I can't WAIT to take the rollers out:creatures:creatures:creatures

Last edited:

MrsHdrLe

I think I need to try this. My stylist put one one 6 weeks ago when she did my hair for my wedding and it was beauitful, shiny, snd swinging (but I attributed that to her straightening skills). Now my hair is looking pretty dull and since I'm going a lil gray, it maybe time to try a lil color.
I have one question though. Since cellophanes coat the hair, how you you get moisture in? Has anyone had trouble with dryness after prolonged use? Finally, how often is too often to apply cellophanes/color rinses? (once a week, bi-weekly, monthly?) TIA:grin: