The Church And Social Justice

Is your church dealing with issues of social inequity/injustice?

• Yes

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

Mitzi

Please don't take this the wrong way as I am not saying I have an advantage to heaven over others but, I do know that God gifted me with something regarding prayer and that I see results (for others, I always have to wait for something for myself) when I pray for someone else's intentions. To make it short, I had been praying for God to release us in ways to bring about justice for a LONG time and for something else which I won't divulge here but it's for our benefit as people and is related to OT prophecy. All of a sudden, the world is paying attention. I thought it was because everyone is bored and has nothing else to do or that they are keen on joining bandwagons but from what I can see, it is sincere. I am thoroughly shocked at this outpouring of concern for us. Shocked! God uses His own timing and sometimes, what others plan for evil, God uses for good. He is revealing to me that these prayers (coupled with the same prayers from others He has prompted) are being answered. I believe we are in a very special time. Even as these changes have come, I am quasi incredulous. I see it but I still don't quite believe it. All I have is hope and faith. He will protect us. We are the apple of His eye.

Please don't forget our brothers in Latin America, esp. in Brazil and Colombia. There are some serious issues with police brutality against our Black people. Pray for them as they are a part of us, too.

Queenie

Well said.

I listen to Perry Stone regularly, and one thing that the preaches on is that it takes 400 years for a country's "cup of inequity" to be full. It is based the Jews being in Egypt for 400 years before they could return to the Promised land. The sin of those nations who were in the land for those 400 years caused "their cup" to fill.

He has been talking about it since 2007, which was 400 years since the settlement in Jamestown, Virginia. This year is 400 years since the Pilgrims settled in Massachusetts. I do believe, this time, the change for us is real.

mrselle

I've been very disappointed in my pastor's response to the social injustices that have been going on and I can't decide what is more disheartening. The fact that he used George Floyd's death to talk about the rate at which black women have abortions, the fact that he, his adult daughter and his wife are "all lives matter" people or the fact that his adult daughter was silent about George Floyd, but vocal when people started rioting. We belong to a multicultural church, but he is a black man, with a black wife and black, adult children. His response to the congregation, in my opinion has been lukewarm.

gn1g

Well said.

I listen to Perry Stone regularly, and one thing that the preaches on is that it takes 400 years for a country's "cup of inequity" to be full. It is based the Jews being in Egypt for 400 years before they could return to the Promised land. The sin of those nations who were in the land for those 400 years caused "their cup" to fill.

He has been talking about it since 2007, which was 400 years since the settlement in Jamestown, Virginia. This year is 400 years since the Pilgrims settled in Massachusetts. I do believe, this time, the change for us is real.

I sure hope you are right. I am acutely watching Louisville! Lord settle me down, I come unglued just thinking about the police walking around free with a pay check.

I too am praying, near the end of the 2019 Bishop Jakes brought a prophetic word in which he said God hears the cries of your brothers blood, the injustice that is done to AA men God will repay. SELAH!

sheanu

Ladies, thanks so much for participating in this thread. Again, it's provided some much needed encouragement over the last couple of weeks. You all are a constant reminder to face all that's going on in our world today with a kingdom-focused mindset.

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
For those questioning whether White people knew or not, remember when Jesus prayed: "Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do?" Timothy Keller once said that whenever you feel bad about past sins, you ought to actually rejoice. Because that means that God is the one working in you. We as human beings, do not have the capacity to feel remorse on our own ('apart from Me, you can do nothing').

Those of us whose eyes are open, can see things clearly. Other people are literally sleepwalking. This is why it's important to tell people about God. It can be very simple things: my sister is moving out for the umpteenth time (she's a non-believer) and asked me about the SOCKERBIT boxes from Ikea. She said I have never seen them on their page. There are many things that God does for us on a daily basis, that we simply assume He's doing for everyone, because they are so simple. But my mother is the one who let me in on the secret: it's not the case. LHCF is a great example of that: there are some Black women, who have believed the lies of the enemy for so long, that they would be shocked to stumble on a site like this one; with so many intelligent, beautiful, well to do Black women.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
While some whites are humbling themselves (and may they be blessed of Yah), others have, to quote a phrase, "stiffened their necks." Their collective ego is the main sticking point; they HATE being wrong, HATE being told they are blind. Unfortunately, this means more judgment is coming in order to break that stiffness. *sigh*

sheanu

While some whites are humbling themselves (and may they be blessed of Yah), others have, to quote a phrase, "stiffened their necks." Their collective ego is the main sticking point; they HATE being wrong, HATE being told they are blind. Unfortunately, this means more judgment is coming in order to break that stiffness. *sigh*
I've noticed this too. It's tough to deal with.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I've noticed this too. It's tough to deal with.
The only way to deal with it is one-on-one slamming them with facts, documentations, and make them draw conclusions. I tell them your guilt (or pity) is useless; we need action, no fear!