The Covid-19 Thread: News, Preparation Tips, Etc

rabs77

I just dropped into the CVS for non-emergency purposes. The lady in front of me in line asked the cashier about hand sanitizer, and he told her they have been out of stock for three days.

By the time there is an actual case nearby alot of standard supplies will be sold out .
We checked CVS for hand sanitizer on Saturday and they were completely out. Bed bath and beyond had a lot of sanitizer available.

intellectualuva

I don't know if this has already been posted but I'm having all the panic attacks.

This was titled "Wear all the masks you want to folks."

This is old..maybe last year or so, but I've been done with super market hotbars since then...not that I indulged that often.

I do wonder what happened to him. He should have been charged like those icecream licker kids.

I saw this and a good chuckle.

FB_IMG_1583240270701.jpg

yamilee21

Maybe the Costcos in metro-New York are different, but I have never seen samples “sitting out” around here... it is hard to even get a sample; the workers barely have time to set up a tray before it all gets snatched up as if the snatchers had never eaten before. Same is true for any other stores with samples.

intellectualuva

Maybe the Costcos in metro-New York are different, but I have never seen samples “sitting out” around here... it is hard to even get a sample; the workers barely have time to set up a tray before it all gets snatched up as if the snatchers had never eaten before. Same is true for any other stores with samples.

Ive been to Costco's in NY...and all over this country. Lol. I like how different the selection can be.

That said, you are still grabbing food that other people reach their hands over in way (even if they don't touch your particular mini bowl or whatever they use). I never do the food samples anywhere. Even seeing people hovering near the worker and putting their nostril air over the food just turned me off. At least most buffets have that glass that blocks nostril air...sorta. Lol.

I know workers in restaurants do the same, but I am able to put that out of mind because I don't see it. Lol. I used to get togo at Texas Roadhouse, but I hated they had a policy of having their people open your food to show you everything.. I used to tell them, nicely, I will check it or not check it at all. If anyone nostril air and semi clean hands will be checking my food, its mine.

Im pretty sure I am well on my way to drastically reducing my eating out. Lol. Its in a battle with my laziness right now.

discodumpling

Two schools have been shut down in the Bronx so its getting closer to me. Again I ask what are the demographics that this virus is affecting most...those 2 schools were 2 Jewish Yeshivas. NYC's Yeshivas are notoriously nasty.

Ganjababy

Nigeria lol. I am really happy to see that.
I have to keep in mind that China is the most populous country in the entire world. :yep:
This chart is interesting.... or am I reading it wrong? Population control?? :look:

View attachment 455637

ScorpioBeauty09

San Antonio just declared a state of emergency
So has San Francisco. I'm in Oakland so this is very close to me. No cases yet but Mayor London Breed (black woman) wants to get out ahead of this thing. I'm guessing because of the high homeless population. I've read articles talking about how with so many tent cities in California, it's a breeding ground for coronavirus to spread. That's what I'm afraid of, living in the Bay Area.

Lute

I'm worried. Is anyone not worried about this? I want to be like you!

I'm worried, annoyed and pissed. But stress can lower your immune system. So I try to stay informed, stay ontop of my hygeine, wash my hands frequently, and keep my immune system in check by taking my vitamins and staying hydrated.

Alot of this I feel could've been prevented and mitigated. The moment we heard about this going on. They should've have checkpoints from day one.

intellectualuva

I cannot link the segment but someone from China stated that they are burning 50 thousand people per day in China And there is some sort of cover-up and 1.5 million are infected. Has anyone seen that? It was a segment on cnn that was unconfirmed.

I am following some Reddit threads and they are saying the same thing. All these so called graphs saying the rate of infection has decreased are lying and the mortality is higher. Allegedly their President is covering it up because his enemies will use it against him come reelection.

UmSumayyah

Just popped into the supermarket.

There are 0 cases reported in this area.

No isopropyl alcohol in the store, lower than usual supplies of bottled water and lysol wipes.

I was in to pick up one or two food items.

Anyway, cashier remarked on the cart of someone in line that had bottled water, disinfecting wipes and spray: "Everyone's buying the same thing ."

Black Ambrosia

There was an article in the paper yesterday about how the local Costco ran out of bottled water and toilet paper. A woman shopping there called another location and was told they had 158 packs of toilet paper but when she got there she was lucky to grab 2 before they ran out. I stopped by CVS and they've been sold out of hand sanitizer for a couple of days. This is in a state that hasn't yet had a confirmed case. People are definitely starting to get concerned. I won't say panicked because people are still pretty calm but there's definite worry about how bad this may get.

SoniT

I went to Target and stocked up on hand sanitizer, Clorox wipes, Lysol, Wet Ones wipes, and hand soap. They were out of the big bottles of sanitizer so I had to buy smaller bottles. I keep hand sanitizer and wipes in my purse and the car. My job now allows us to work remotely 100% so at least I don't have to worry about public transportation or public bathrooms. I'm not panicking but I'm paying close attention to the news to see how this thing progresses.

intellectualuva

Sorry. I would have to go digging deep in reddit land. Its probably in one of these.

https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Coronavirus/

https://www.reddit.com/r/China_Flu/

Ill see if I can find them via search. It was one of those click and scroll through comments. I did save this video about cremations in Wuhan running 24 hours a day and how many bodies are being burned there.

https://chown.io/files/china/cremcount.mp4

UmSumayyah

I went to Target and stocked up on hand sanitizer, Clorox wipes, Lysol, Wet Ones wipes, and hand soap. They were out of the big bottles of sanitizer so I had to buy smaller bottles. I keep hand sanitizer and wipes in my purse and the car. My job now allows us to work remotely 100% so at least I don't have to worry about public transportation or public bathrooms. I'm not panicking but I'm paying close attention to the news to see how this thing progresses.
Smart. Panic is counterproductive.

The truth is that despite stores being wiped out of some supplies, MOST people have not run out and gotten supplies. Regularly scheduled shipments will not bring stores up to being fully stocked but there should still be shipments, so in a few days there should be more paper towels, etc. on the shelves.

So far we have no quarantines and the impact still seems pretty low, so it's good that people are not freaking out. I encourage everyone to stock up a little, just get the stuff you always get.

gn1g

Yikes- I was due there at the end of the month to recruit at the NSBE conference. Not anymore. I wonder if the conference will now proceed as usual:(
I love NSBE conferences. I am sure they will cancel

Iwanthealthyhair67

Yep, seen em. Making plans to order before they run out too. By all account, I hear that the first case is already here (Bahamas), so if this is the case, we'll probably know by tomorrow the latest. Hoping that this isn't the case, but it's only a matter of time . . .

heard the same thing, waiting on the address to the nation meanwhile, can goods, alcohol, extra cases of water and wipes cant hurt before pandemonium sets in