The Covid-19 Thread: News, Preparation Tips, Etc

vevster

True but a lot of times compliance to non pharmaceutical suggestions is a huge issue. A lot of folks could get better if they desire to do so they just don't want to myself included myself included. Not with all my issues but some that I know I can improve upon.
We need a paradigm shift. Personal research on: what are the optimal levels of vitamins and minerals we should have in the body? Prevention. In flu or pandemic season what can we change in our diet e.g. eliminating sugar, gluten, dairy and alcohol.

I've said throughout this pandemic that I'm more afraid of the cure than the disease!

Everything Zen

Everything Zen

^^^ But I thought he was the ultimate authority. Omg the gaslighting!!!!! I should have booked that rehab center when he took office for real for real!!!! It’s gonna be booked by the time this whole thing is over. And where the hell is Biden?

UmSumayyah

We have to educate ourselves. I cured myself of a couple of things after not getting what I needed from my physicians. They use a hammer for what a small tweak in lifestyle would cure.
I solved a chronic condition for myself and another for my son.

I'm appreciative of the docs who were able to help me in the short term. It gave me time to find underlying causes and natural solutions.

Relying only on the docs would have led to longterm side effects.

vevster

I'm appreciative of the docs who were able to help me in the short term. It gave me time to find underlying causes and natural solutions.

That is the way to do it! I go the natural route FIRST. Most recently, I sprained my ankle and went to urgent care for an Xray(thank you very much) then went to my acupunturist who fixed me up and got me off crutches in days! The Naprosyn (NSAID) prescribed by the urgent care replaced by curcumin supps. Taking that NSAID could have made me susceptible to CORONA!

ThirdEyeBeauty

That is the way to do it! I go the natural route FIRST. Most recently, I sprained my ankle and went to urgent care for an Xray(thank you very much) then went to my acupunturist who fixed me up and got me off crutches in days! The Naprosyn (NSAID) prescribed by the urgent care replaced by curcumin supps. Taking that NSAID could have made me susceptible to CORONA!
Yep, that's how I see it. Get the services needed, scans, labs, emergency/urgent treatments but at the same time, especially for chronic conditions, find an appropriate healthy alternative to healing the root cause whatever that may be rather than just fixing the symptoms. Asks about prognosis, alternative treatments, pros and cons of each treatment, side effects short term and long term, and even what they would do if he or she or their family was in a similar situation. Be wary of Dr. Google. There is good and bad information. Try to review alternatives that have been studied extensively.

ThirdEyeBeauty

I want to repeat every couple of posts that remember ladies the social distancing is to help out the hospitals not become overwhelmed. For the virus itself, you want to boost your immune system. The human body was designed to take care of natural environmental particles.

UmSumayyah

If you refuse to stay at home saving lives and doing your part to prevent the spread of this thing at least attempt to be useful :look:
If everyone complaining goes out and gets a (possibly lower paying) job in essential services then the spread increases.
If everyone goes back to their former jobs then the spread increases.

If we need to minimize working then he shouldn't be encouraging people to go out.

A hard lockdown for 2-3 weeks in which NOBODY moves for any reason barring severe occurrences like heart attack or a tree falling on their legs would likely be more effective. The virus would have no one to jump to (except inside hospitals)

ThirdEyeBeauty

If everyone complaining goes out and gets a (possibly lower paying) job in essential services then the spread increases.
If everyone goes back to their former jobs then the spread increases.

If we need to minimize working then he shouldn't be encouraging people to go out.

A hard lockdown for 2-3 weeks in which NOBODY moves for any reason barring severe occurrences like heart attack or a tree falling on their legs would likely be more effective. The virus would have no one to jump to (except inside hospitals)
But supposedly no one in the USA had the virus a few months ago and we are here.

vevster

A lot of black people especially are low in vitamin D. Could be the reason media said it was affecting black people more. It was not really, it was some things like being low on vitamin D. I wish media would report what things usually affect immune system rather than pick out an entire "race."
Then Tamron Hall does a useless segment on it for her stupid show....

Kanky

A lot of black people especially are low in vitamin D. Could be the reason media said it was affecting black people more. It was not really, it was some things like being low on vitamin D. I wish media would report what things usually affect immune system rather than pick out an entire "race."
My vitamin D levels were abysmal and I was taking a supplement. My doctor prescribed vitamin D2 and they are better, but still not where I'd like them to be the last time I tested. :sad:

UmSumayyah

That didn't seem to be included in his answer to the question.
Maybe the citizens in NY can flood him with email
actually, the question was "don't I have a right to work seeing as how this government check isn't enough for me to live"

So his answer really does suck. I'm sure many people with cavities to be filled and root canals to be done would rather the dentist and oral surgeon, and their assistants take care of that rather than stock shelves at Walmart.

The idea behind closing businesses and forcing people into unemployment was to flatten the curve and not overwhelm hospitals; not to slow and not prevent the inevitable spread.

Nyc didn't need the hospital ship and is sending ventilators elsewhere. Clearly progress has been made. Did any nyc residents watch the last few Cuomo press conferences all the way through? What did he say was the plan for phasing people back in to working?

Lute

actually, the question was "don't I have a right to work seeing as how this government check isn't enough for me to live."
So his answer really does suck. I'm sure many people with cavities to be filled and root canals to be done would rather the dentist and oral surgeon, and their assistants take care of that rather than stock shelves at Walmart.

Cuomo's response wasn't really well thought out. Dentists and Doctors are open but you have to call in. They reopened enrollment for Medicaid/Medicare for those who need insurance.

Nyc didn't need the hospital ship and is sending ventilators elsewhere. Clearly progress has been made. Did any nyc residents watch the last few Cuomo press conferences all the way through? What did he say was the plan for phasing people back in to working?
"

I've been watching a couple of Cuomo's press conferences. He heavily stressed that the only way we can open back up safely is to have antibody testing and be brought up the scale and that we can do it regionally.

There are also trying to decide which type of business to open up first

Which is part of the reason why he had that meeting with Trump.

Bloomberg will also be donating funds to the the antibody testing program.

Last edited: