The Covid-19 Thread: News, Preparation Tips, Etc

vevster

This is my biggest pet peeve with the internet and social media. Not everything needs to made public. Now, vitamin d is going to be sold out or people are actually going to get sick from it cause they overdose.
Very hard to overdose. No, Tamron didn't mention any Vitamins on that stupid segment. Just obvious socio economic things.

MzRhonda

actually, the question was "don't I have a right to work seeing as how this government check isn't enough for me to live"

So his answer really does suck. I'm sure many people with cavities to be filled and root canals to be done would rather the dentist and oral surgeon, and their assistants take care of that rather than stock shelves at Walmart.
I am sorry I prefer not to have someone that close to me at this point or even in the next few months

UmSumayyah

I am sorry I prefer not to have someone that close to me at this point or even in the next few months
And that is your right.

I would hope that government officials don't make policy on their personal preferences.

There was a kid who died, in md I think, some years ago for lack of some dental surgery. I don't remember why his mom was unable to get insurance or get insurance to cover it.

He needed it for months. Eventually it was too late.

There are many procedures that are not an emergency until not getting them is deadly.

I'm sure some people are close to that line in every state.

shahala

I am beginning to think that we really don’t know how many people have had this disease or died of it. There is a lot of secrecy surrounding it.

I just found out that this woman I sat next to in church and in the car on my way home (a guest of my aunt, so I really didn't know her) died of the virus. This had been kept secret. Now this happened in March, the week before the shut down. I don’t remember the date. Also quite a few people at my church were really sick and died. Some of them I was in close contact with. I’m just finding this out now. So I was surrounded by the virus in March. I’m wondering if that made me more susceptible. Who knows?

But the weird thing is older people who are so proud that they don’t even want people to know they were or are sick with this disease. Crazy!

ThirdEyeBeauty

I am beginning to think that we really don’t know how many people have had this disease or died of it. There is a lot of secrecy surrounding it.

I just found out that this woman I sat next to in church and in the car on my way home (a guest of my aunt, so I really didn't know her) died of the virus. This had been kept secret. Now this happened in March, the week before the shut down. I don’t remember the date. Also quite a few people at my church were really sick and died. Some of them I was in close contact with. I’m just finding this out now. So I was surrounded by the virus in March. I’m wondering if that made me more susceptible. Who knows?

But the weird thing is older people who are so proud that they don’t even want people to know they were or are sick with this disease. Crazy!
Immune system naturally goes low in elderly. It is possible most people have already been exposed to it but didn't know it. Boosting immune system is the best thing to do right now.

SoniT

My mother is in the hospital because she was afraid to leave her house to pick her insulin. Shes been unresponsive. They are trying to figure out if she had a stroke or is in a diabetic coma.
I feel bad because I kept telling her not to leave the house.
I'm sorry to hear about your mother. I pray that she pulls through. I just got notified that a prescription is ready for pick up. I have to prepare myself to go pick it up. I feel like I'm going to battle when I leave the house.

Transformer

Covid Crackdown on Pedophiles in Virginia; Pedophiles think that it is PRIME TIME since so many kids are home with many of them alone.

More than 50 million children in the United States are at home due to the coronavirus pandemic that forced the shut down of schools, restaurants and bars, and other businesses deemed non-essential.

While states are developing plans to slowly reopen, it's unclear if that will take weeks or months, which means children will likely be at home for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school.

With many taking online classes this could mean they are spending more time on the internet and are therefore more exposed to dangers posed by peodophiles who use the internet to exploit children.

MzRhonda

I agree I think black people are so secretive that those who are dying around us we don’t know if it is from the virus which is bad for our community and those that may have come in contact with them. We had 2 people here die within weeks of each other related and very unexpected deaths

scarcity21

I just got off the phone with a black colleague who had coronavirus and guess what he was really low in? Vitamin D ----- so I preached my religion to him and sent him an email with information and links..

He had been out of work for 2 months plus.
Can you post a link to the vitamin D and vitamin C you take? TIA

Lylddlebit

I'm sorry to hear about your mother. I pray that she pulls through. I just got notified that a prescription is ready for pick up. I have to prepare myself to go pick it up. I feel like I'm going to battle when I leave the house.

Consider mail order delivery. A lot of insurance companies are allowing non-traditional mail order prescriptions to be delivered to you in a 90 day supply right now.

ThirdEyeBeauty

If this doesn't shake people awake nothing will.

Even when standards are high, having large percentages of key products made overseas is suicidal .

Apparently China makes the vast majority of our meds and even Vitamin C.

Didn't they recently threaten to cut us off?
China can definitely cut us off. I now don't want any edibles that were made in China or Asia period. How do I know people are not corrupt enough to add carcinogens? I can barely trust the U.S. quality control standards.

Black Ambrosia

Amazon confirms largest known outbreak of COVID-19 at a warehouse outside NYC
Charles Davis
18 minutes ago
  • Over 30 workers at an Amazon warehouse in Carteret, New Jersey, have contracted COVID-19, the company told Business Insider.
  • "Every other day it's the same text message," one employee said. "I used to feel safe here, but not anymore."
  • It appears to be the worst known outbreak at an Amazon facility, coming days before the company plans to terminate its policy of unlimited, unpaid time off.
Amazon is confirming its largest outbreak of the novel coronavirus after an employee told Business Insider that over 30 coworkers had contracted the disease at a warehouse outside New York City.

"We are supporting the individuals, who are recovering," Amazon spokesperson Timothy Carter told Business Insider.

On Wednesday, workers at the Amazon fulfillment center in Carteret, New Jersey — just across the river from Staten Island — received a text message informing them of "additional confirmed cases of COVID-19."

"Every other day it's the same text message," one employee who wished to remain anonymous said. "Our building during one day shift has over 500 people in the building at once. There's no way to properly distance yourself when running at that capacity. And every day they're hiring more and more people."

"I used to feel safe here, but not anymore," they added. "They just care about putting out packages."

The cases have been steadily rising for the last month, according to another worker at the facility who also asked to remain anonymous.

"Unfortunately, they refuse to close," they complained. And, "because I fear infecting my children and mother, who currently has cancer, I am forced to stay home without pay."

But that — the ability to stay home without pay — will soon change. Earlier this week, Amazon told Business Insider that on April 30 it will be terminating its policy of unlimited, unpaid time off, which was first announced in March as part of the company's response to the coronavirus. The $2 an hour increase in hazard pay is also set to expire.

"I think it means they want people who don't want to come to work to start quitting," another employee at a New York-area warehouse said at the time.

The company has stepped up efforts to provide workers with protective gear, such as gloves and masks, and begun checking temperatures at the start of shifts.

Amazon also recently announced an effort to develop an in-house testing lab, though one expert, Dr. Ashish Jha, Director of the Harvard Global Health Institute, told Business Insider that the initiative could result in an unwelcome increase in competition for testing resources.