The Covid-19 Thread: News, Preparation Tips, Etc

discodumpling

My 24 year old niece and her boyfriend just flew to Colorado. I told my sister that she should make my niece quarantine before coming back to her house.

My oldest lives with my parents who have a few comorbidities between them. My Mom has hypertension, my Dad has Khron's & diabetes and something else they ain't telling me
They set up a dedicated disinfecting and sanitizing route & routine for DS#1. It includes Dettol & Carboholic soap!! I told him don't look at my parents or breathe in their direction for 2 weeks when he gets back!
BTW he says Vegas is Vegas. He only saw a few bars closed down. He says folks are still out there wildin.

discodumpling

Is this the new Covid? Are the Chinese scapegoating now that there's a second wave? Will we live through July?

Kazakhstan denies Chinese government report that country has 'unknown pneumonia' outbreak more deadly than Covid-19

(CNN)Authorities in Kazakhstan have denied a report published by Chinese officials that the country is experiencing an outbreak of "unknown pneumonia" potentially deadlier than the novel coronavirus.

On Thursday, the Chinese Embassy in Kazakhstan issued a warning to citizens living in the Central Asian country that the pneumonia had killed more than 1,700 people. "Kazakhstani Health Department and other agencies are conducting comparative research and have not defined the nature of the pneumonia virus," the statement said.

New cases of the unidentified pneumonia have been increasing significantly since mid-June across the country, said the embassy, adding that in some places, authorities are reporting hundreds of new cases a day.
In a statement on Friday, the Kazakhstan health ministry acknowledged the presence of "viral pneumonias of unspecified etiology," but denied that the outbreak was new or unknown.

"In response to these reports, the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan officially declares that this information does not correspond to reality," the statement read.

It added the "unspecified" pneumonia classification followed World Health Organization guidelines "for the registration of pneumonia when the coronavirus infection is diagnosed clinically or epidemiologically but is not confirmed by laboratory testing." According to the embassy, the rise was concentrated in the regions of Atyrau, Aktobe and Shymkent, which together have almost 500 new cases and more than 30 critically ill patients. The disease killed 1,772 people this year, some of whom were Chinese citizens, according to the embassy. A total of 628 of those deaths took place in June alone. "This disease is much deadlier than Covid-19," the statement said.

The number of pneumonia cases in the capital city Nursultan has more than doubled this June from the same time last year, according to Kazakhstan's prominent news agency Kazinform, which cited official data. "Up to 200 people are admitted to hospitals every day. Over the last few days some 300 people diagnosed with pneumonia were taken to hospitals a day. Besides some receive treatment at home," said the head of the Nursultan healthcare department, Kazinform reported. The Chinese embassy warned residents in the region to limit how much they went outside, and to avoid crowded public areas. It also encouraged preventative measures like wearing a mask, disinfecting spaces, washing hands frequently, and allowing good air circulation in indoor spaces.

CNN has been unable to independently verify the Chinese Embassy report and has reached out to Kazakhstan's Ministry of Healthcare for further details.

When asked about the outbreak on Friday, a spokesman for the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs told reporters, "We would also like to get more information. China hopes to work together with Kazakhstan to fight the epidemic and to safeguard the two countries public health security." In a statement posted on its social media, the Kazakhstan Health Ministry said Minister Aleksey Tsoy had spoken about a number of pneumonia cases nationwide at a briefing on Thursday. These cases included different types of bacterial, fungal and viral pneumonia -- including some of "unspecified etiology."

Tsoy told the briefing that all registered cases of pneumonia in the country rose by more than 300% in June compared to the same month in 2019, from 7,964 last year to 32,724 in 2020. Related deaths rose by 129%, from 274 in June 2019 to 628 in the same month this year.

Link: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/10/asia/kazakhstan-pneumonia-intl-hnk-scli-scn/index.html?utm_medium=social&utm_term=link&utm_content=2020-07-10T07:00:06&utm_source=fbCNN&fbclid=IwAR2IiJPpn3La0salCvy_xzwsMvcFl7l4g4QiRDBiUKri7G_IedUQhIqvmTM&fbclid=IwAR3IsS0NKzO3zdJ2df6uq3Se0vsc3cExQ6C2-OaDcCnHEkaAt5KyJ2iQid8

Wow! Just Wow! GOD is big mad. It's not even survival of the fittest out here... GOD is on his idgaf & wotless behaviour! Love, light, health and strength for all the ladies of LHCF. May our collective positive energy surround you and your families as we endure these unprecedented times!

Kanky

My property manager fell off the face of the planet a few months back and stopped returning emails and texts. (Money was still showing up like usual, but that's mostly automated.) He was hospitalized with Covid19 and still hasn't really recovered. I don't know about whatever health issues he may have, but he is in his early 40's and not overweight. He had to a hire another real estate agent to take over his business while he recovers.

dancinstallion

Can yall believe I had it better working in New York than Houston. I had 1-3 patients in New york because so many travel nurses came to help. Now Houston needs the help, I have 5 patients and day shift had 6 Covid patients:eek:, luckily all arent sick sick, a few stable patients but it just means less care can be provided to everyone or equally. :( and it means my exposure increases.
We havent had a lot of deaths yet even though our cases are up. I am wondering if this is a weaker strain or has the quality of care drastically improved.
Still more men are dying or being infected with longer complications.

The hospital I work for has been giving patients 3000mg of vitamin c IV four times and day plus a few other supplements by IV so they are treating patients correctly. And we have ppe. The areas are sealed off properly as opposed to NY. My job also has been on the news every week MSNBC, CNN, ABC showing how we are battling covid.

Last edited:

vevster

Can yall believe I had it better working in New York than Houston. I had 1-3 patients in New york because so many travel nurses came to help. Now Houston needs the help, I have 5 patients and day shift had 6 Covid patients:eek:, luckily all arent sick sick, a few stable patients but it just means less care can be provided to everyone or equally. :( and it means my exposure increases.
We havent had a lot of deaths yet even though our cases are up. I am wondering if this is a weaker strain or has the quality of care drastically improved.
Still more men are dying.

The hospital I work for has been giving patients 3000mg IV four times and day so they are treating patients correctly. And we have ppe. The areas are sealed off properly as opposed to NY. My job also has been on the news every week MSNBC, CNN, ABC showing how we are battling covid.
3000 mg of what?

yamilee21

... We havent had a lot of deaths yet even though our cases are up. I am wondering if this is a weaker strain or has the quality of care drastically improved.
Still more men are dying. ...
Treatment protocols have definitely improved; there is much better information about what can work now than there was in March-April. But I think the main difference is that this is getting younger people right now, and they simply have fewer comorbidities, and a better chance of surviving than the older people who were getting it first in NY. Many of the new cases now in NY are also among younger people, who have been quicker to join in on the reopening of the city. I was reading somewhere that the latest mutation spreading through the south is more contagious, although it has not become any more or less lethal.

Black Ambrosia

Still more men are dying or being infected with longer complications.

The hospital I work for has been giving patients 3000mg of vitamin c IV four times and day plus a few other supplements by IV so they are treating patients correctly. And we have ppe. The areas are sealed off properly as opposed to NY. My job also has been on the news every week MSNBC, CNN, ABC showing how we are battling covid.
What are the other supplements?

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
:mad:

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn

dicapr

Just saw this and I'm concerned. If the antibodies only last a few months, how effective is the initial vaccine going to actually be? I didn't plan on taking it, but depending on when the vaccine is available, this could go even more left than it already is depending on people's immune response.

This is the 3 rd article I’ve seen in the last few days that states resistance is short lived which means the vaccine may not be worth anything. The scary thing is the patients in 2 of the articles I read reported a more severe case the second time around. They had few symptoms the first time and were in the moderate category the second time around. Moderate meaning very sick at home but no hospitalizations.

The scary thing is they have been telling and reporting how 20 somethings are usually symptomatic. But it could be that when they get reinfected they will have a more serious disease state the second time around.

NijaG

Texas and Arizona are requesting refrigerated trucks for bodies now.

update: and Florida

All the States where they were protesting with armed weapons (no cop related deaths reported) to go maskless and reopen the States early.

What was the slogan... No fear, No masks or something silly like that.

I hope all the higher up and leaders get what they get for being greedy and stupid and just plain wicked.

God should include as much wicked souls as possible on the list.