• Forum Upgraded: https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/recent-forum-upgrade.849851/

The Covid-19 Thread: News, Preparation Tips, Etc

Ganjababy

Where I work the patients keep trying to hug me. They are mostly elderly. I feel bad lol. I give them air kisses at arms length and KIM. It is mostly for their safety. They are vulnerable.

There is one lady who is 103 and FN. Every time she sees me she reminds me proudly that she is FN and then welcomes me and says she is glad to see a nonwhite :look: I see for the first time the prejudice so many FN experience (the nursing assistants keep complaining that she is too demanding, she is not. There are far more demanding patients. She is 103 for gods sake and 80% independent). I encourage her assertiveness and try to empower her at every shift. FN or not the woman is 103, and has every right to the best.

I am part time but getting full time hours because most of the nurses with kids decided not to work and collect COVID pay (2k per month) instead. Even though they are not entitled. If you decided not to work of your own volition you are not entitled. You don’t have to prove if you qualify. You just apply and it’s in your bank account a few days later. The gov has widened the qualifications criteria this week and extended the payments for a year. So now they actually qualify.

i cannot wait for this to be over. I am so tired of it. before COVID 19 I honestly thought that I was a loner and I was okay with no human interactions except dh. But I was deluding myself :rofl: I miss seeing my sisters and the few friends I have. I cannot wait to see them again in the flesh.

I am glad that I am finally doing my bit. I was off work for a year and a half. Was okay not working but as a nurse felt guilty. So I feel better because I am doing my part. I am resigned to the fact that I will get COVID. I just hope it’s not disabling and I end up being one of the (many) lucky ones.

Stay safe ladies.

Last edited:

Everything Zen

^^^^ My job provided the handful of us required to travel with three N95s that we are expected to reuse and wear up to six hours a day. The rest of the company is on a strict work from home policy through the end of the year. It’s disgusting when a basic face mask would suffice for the type of work that we do. Fortunately, none of my sites are allowing sponsors onsite so I’m still not traveling and the travel policy says you don’t have to travel if you don’t feel comfortable to do so. Guess who ain’t traveling? :look:

Last edited:

vevster

^^^^ My job provided the handful of us required to travel with three N95s that we are expected to reuse and wear up to six hours a day. The rest of the company is on a strict work from home policy through the end of the year. It’s disgusting when a basic face mask would suffice for the type of work that we do. Fortunately, none of my sites are allowing sponsors onsite so I’m still not traveling and the travel policy says you don’t have to travel if you don’t feel comfortable to do so. Guess who ain’t traveling? :look:
I have to consider myself grateful because we get cases of N95 masks and other stuff all the time. I wear a fresh N95 daily at work. Then I switch to my fashion mask when going home....

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
I have seen more masks pulled out of filthy pockets, purses, off car seats, car floors, with debris on them (probably both sides) that I just keep mine on my face all day until I get inside. I took my mask off once in the car and the next thing I knew it was on the floor. I'm not putting that next to my face but a lot of people do and while I got a pretty secure stash, I try to only use one mask a day.

Quite frankly, I officially became the person who wears my mask in my car by myself after this video. The only person I ride with is the old man but I would have the same reaction to putting on anybody else's mask. This is like sharing toothbrushes to me. Other people can do that. That's not what I do.

Crackers Phinn

The landlord had an electrician come in today to do some work. Our panel is behind some inventory racks but it's separated by a chain link fence not a wall. One of the employees was headed down that way and stopped because she saw the electrician was back there with his mask off. I raised the holiest of hells with the landlord.

We got mask signs posted all over the :censored: place but people are always going to try to get away with some pooh if they think nobody is looking. Droplets can hang in the air and while it's not a high traffic area where he was at, it's where we turn the lights off at night.

I hate people and I blame the president.

BonBon

-_-

A manager at my DH's work has just found out his wife has Covid.

Yesterday he was all over the site talking to people and held a 2 hour, closed door meeting about a metre in front of the staff. DH's boss was trying to Kanye shrug it off but the staff complained and now they are buying tests for everyone.

Here comes the long week of worrying every time I feel "off". I have a home test on the way, but I'll wait till the weekend to do it. I hear if you test too early its more likely to throw a false negative *sigh*

dancinstallion

I just got the notification my part of town is shut down starting Thursday :sigh:
I heard there is a big spike in parts of Queens and Brooklyn. They deployed more travel nurses to those areas last week.

Is this the second wave for yall? because the news said third wave.

Crackers Phinn

-_-

A manager at my DH's work has just found out his wife has Covid.

Yesterday he was all over the site talking to people and held a 2 hour, closed door meeting
about a metre in front of the staff. DH's boss was trying to Kanye shrug it off but the staff complained and now they are buying tests for everyone.

Here comes the long week of worrying every time I feel "off". I have a home test on the way, but I'll wait till the weekend to do it. I hear if you test too early its more likely to throw a false negative *sigh*
WHAT IN THE ENTIRE :censored:?!?!??!!?!? Gather all the evidence that you can that this happened and report their :moon: to your local health department and OSHA.

Crackers Phinn

With they dumb :moon:'s
“When they reduced his sedative and he came around, they said to him, ‘Do you know where you are? You’re in the coronavirus ward,'” Zaraabel recounted. “He said: ‘It’s not possible, there’s no coronavirus; it’s just politics.’ They replied: ‘So what are you doing here?'”

I wish that I had even an inkling of this being made up but the bolded is Israeli customer service in a nutshell.

OhTall1

How serious is your employer about COVID?

Mine has really pressed it upon people that they do not want you in the building unless there's literally no other way to do your job. Lots of hand sanitizer, gloves and reusable cloth masks for anyone who needs to come in.

Now they've created a self reporting survey that you have to fill out on days you want to come on site. If you don't have a completed form stating that you and your family don't have a temperature or symptoms, your badge won't work to let you in the facility. They're like

meka72

My mother was diagnosed with C19 on Monday. She had a 102 fever, cough and sore throat. Her husband has the same symptoms and went to get tested today. He’s retired, receives 2 pensions but is worried about getting a note for his lil part time job. Lol.

I bought them most of the supplements mentioned here and in the other thread, as well buying oximeters and thermometers.

Luckily, they’ve improved today. Fevers are near normal. Oxygen is above 95%. I hope they continue to improve and don’t have any setbacks (or “backsets” as my country family likes to say).

dancinstallion

My mother was diagnosed with C19 on Monday. She had a 102 fever, cough and sore throat. Her husband has the same symptoms and went to get tested today. He’s retired, receives 2 pensions but is worried about getting a note for his lil part time job. Lol.

I bought them most of the supplements mentioned here and in the other thread, as well buying oximeters and thermometers.

Luckily, they’ve improved today. Fevers are near normal. Oxygen is above 95%. I hope they continue to improve and don’t have any setbacks (or “backsets” as my country family likes to say).
I wish them a speedy recovery.