The Covid-19 Thread: News, Preparation Tips, Etc

lavaflow99

In search of the next vacation
I'm still wearing the mask. Wearing the mask isnt a big deal to me. :ohwell: My state is about to go back to full capacity indoors. It seems like they're really rushing to get things back to normal.

CDC Says Fully Vaccinated People No Longer Need to Wear Masks in Most Cases

The new guidance still calls for wearing masks in crowded indoor settings like buses, planes, hospitals, prisons and homeless shelters

By Staff and wire reports • Published 1 hour ago • Updated 10 seconds ago

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Thursday eased indoor and outdoor mask-wearing guidance for fully vaccinated people, allowing them to safely stop wearing masks inside in most places.

The new guidance still calls for wearing masks in crowded indoor settings like buses, planes, hospitals, prisons and homeless shelters, but could ease restrictions for reopening workplaces and schools.

Full article: https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/...ng-for-vaccinated-people-sources-say/2671146/
Same. I will be wearing mine too.

Too fast too soon.

And you know that people are going to be lying about their vaccination status........
Exactly! Are they going to be asking for vaccination cards at the door? What about those fake vax cards out there?

This doesn't feel right.

lavaflow99

All this. I'm still wearing my mask. This is too much too soon and something in the water isn't clean.

Hang on ladies, we're in for a ride.
Right? And with summer right around the corner and folks talking about "____(fill in your ethnicity or gender) summer," it is going to be interesting to see what direction the cases go.

The summer is going to be crazy! :nono:

Lylddlebit

I expected the trends we are seeing. I figured once the vaccine got popular many would treat it like a cure. Many people I know have the mindset of "get the vaccine, so you can go back to normal life". Which isn't a good idea during a pandemic but what does common sense know when it conflicts with what folks want to do? My concern now is the highest it has been since the pandemic started since so many people I love are getting ready for that wedding, vacation, >>insert social event they are eager to do<<< now...whether vaccinated or not. Treating a pandemic like an minor inconvenience is a terrible idea.

Last edited:

dancinstallion

^^^Oh wow. I did not know that. I don't usually see them in stores or pharmacies. I have the liquid D3/K2 but I ordered it on Amazon. I have been taking D3 and K2 together for about a year or two now but sometimes I just grab the regular D3 and take more than instructed of that one. I take the liquid formula as instructed.

Glad NAC is getting more noticed. In my opinion, ever patient in the hospital with C19 should take it on admission. There are more and more physicians getting on board with nutrition and supplements.
My allergy formula, DHIST, has some NAC in it.

K2 is very easy to find. I know of several formulas that have it with the D3 and I currently take it separately.

FDA sent a warning to Amazon saying they cant sell NAC because it is considered a drug and not a dietary supplement. Amazon didnt fight back and will no longer sell it. Other stores havent removed it yet.
I hate the FDA :nono:

Melaninme

CVS Employee in NY Caught Trying to Give Out Fraudulent COVID Vaccination Cards​

Authorities said the cards could not have been used with New York State's Excelsior Pass — the so-called COVID passport — because it relies on vaccination databases along with the paper card​

By Gilma Avalos • Published May 14, 2021 • Updated 2 hours ago​

Up Next

• One-On-One With Chef José Andrés

• Black-Owned Business ‘Still Struggling' in ...

1:36

1:36/ 2:46

Expand

Thursday marked the first day that children between the ages of 12 through 17 started getting their COVID-19 vaccinations across the country, with the inoculations offering a shot at a return to normal, pre-pandemic life.
And now that the CDC announced that those who have been fully vaccinated no longer have to wear face masks or socially distance in most indoor settings, vaccination cards represent a ticket to freedom, allowing those who have them access to sporting events, concerts and more.
However, with that opportunity comes people willing to cheat the system, willing to pay to have those experiences back without getting vaccinated. The I-Team recently revealed that counterfeit vaccination cards are being sold on encrypted messaging services.

U.S. & World​

The day's top national and international news.

ISRAEL10 HOURS AGO

Deaths Rise as Palestinians Flee Heavy Israeli Fire in Gaza

MIDEAST CONFLICT17 MINS AGO

History of the Israel-Palestinian Conflict and What's Behind the Latest Clashes

There are other ways to obtain a card illegally. On Thursday, Nassau County police said that a 21-year-old CVS employee was arrested after allegedly pilfering eight pre-filled vaccination cards, just missing the names of the people who would potentially use them, along with 54 blank ones that were found in his car as well.
"They were taken within the last couple of days, with the intent to share them with family members and friends, so that they could go into venues and possibly even use them at schools," said Nassau County Police Commissioner Patrick Ryder.
According to court documents, the employee admitted to selling the cards to kids "so they can go to school." CVS said the worker, who has since been fired, worked at their location on Hempstead Turnpike in Levittown. In a statement, the pharmacy chain said in part that it it is cooperating with the investigation.
Authorities said the cards could not have been used with New York State's Excelsior Pass — the so-called COVID passport — because it relies on vaccination databases along with the paper card.
Zachary Honig was arrested as the county police department's Criminal Intelligence Rapid Response team was checking out a high-crime area. They said that in his car, they also found silver-colored brass knuckles and a controlled substance. County Executive Laura Curran said the scheme is far from a victimless crime — but rather hurts everyone.
"The reason we can get back to normal is because we're getting vaccinated. If you're faking it, it can set the whole thing back," Curran said.
Police were working with federal officials, and do not believe that Honig had yet sold any cards. An investigation is ongoing.
Curran also said she was filing legislation to send a clear message that making fraudulent vaccine cards is not acceptable.
In New Jersey, there is pending legislation that would establish criminal penalties for producing, selling and using a fake COVID-19 vaccination card. Under the proposed bill, those who make, sell or transfer the fake cards could face up to 10 years in prison and a $150,000 fine; anyone who is caught using a fake one could get five years in prison and a $15,000 fine.

Melaninme

Last edited:

PatDM'T

This is stupid

So how will they
know who is who?

Will they now be
asking for proof?

I am convinced
antimaskers have
bad breath.

It is the only
thing that makes
sense to me why
people would be
so eager to be rid
of something that
keeps everyone safe
and also keeps annoying
people from recognizing
you and gives you an
excuse to not speak
to them coz "it is hard
to tell who is who." :sekret:

lavaflow99

So this baseball player was positive for COVID earlier this year and then again this week and he was fully vaccinated?? :shocked: Geez what kinda bad luck is that??

ETA: I guess the vaccine/immunity is working since he didn't die or end up in the hospital :look: #findapositive

The Yankees got J&J by the way if that means anything.

Melaninme

So this baseball player was positive for COVID earlier this year and then again this week and he was fully vaccinated?? :shocked: Geez what kinda bad luck is that??

ETA: I guess the vaccine/immunity is working since he didn't die or end up in the hospital :look: #findapositive

The Yankees got J&J by the way if that means anything.

Nope, just means I'mma still wear my mask regardless of what CDC says, Biden and the rest of them....

1621037689774.png

PatDM'T

Sigh. I haven't done grocery delivery service but if this gets out of control, I may have to open an account.
I started a while ago and now may be my only way to shop.
I confess my lazy
butt started before
Covid was a thing
and I have never
looked back.

Not having to
leave my home
for 3 winters
and risk icy
roads has been
a blessing.

I also stick to
my shopping
list better when
I shop online than
when I browse aisles
myself and find myself
giving in to enticing
ideas that were not
part of the plan.

yamilee21

I expect stupidity from Walmart, but I am extremely disappointed by Costco and Trader Joe’s. My local TJ’s still had a line to get into the store at 8pm on weeknights as late as November 2020, well after all other stores had stopped enforcing strict spacing rules; that is how serious they were about Covid precautions.

The Yankees apparently had a group of 85 traveling together, all fully vaccinated. Of the 85, 8 tested positive, and only *one* developed symptoms. The public health officials have been saying that this actually proves that it works exactly as planned - no one died, no one even got sick enough to be hospitalized, and only 8 were positive in total, despite all 85 being exposed. The vaccines decrease the likelihood of severe symptoms, and decrease likelihood of transmission, but they do not prevent it altogether.

ETA: I was wondering whether Torres was one of the unlucky people who just keep testing positive forever, but it looks like it might be a second infection, since the Yankees require negative tests. The general recommendation is not to test again within 90 days of the start of the infection, because there are people who continue to test positive well after the infectious period.

Last edited: