The Covid-19 Thread: News, Preparation Tips, Etc

Everything Zen

Are you guys noticing much more prominent reactions to insect bites post vaccine? I’m having severe swelling and pain at the site of minor summer insect bites this season that have never occurred before and can’t find any other information about this.

vevster

Are you guys noticing much more prominent reactions to insect bites post vaccine? I’m having severe swelling and pain at the site of minor summer insect bites this season that have never occurred before and can’t find any other information about this.
Is the VAERS database searchable? That is the database that houses all vaccine reactions.

I just looked. You can download all the data via csv then pull it into excel to search.

Melaninme

yamilee21

The people of this church organization are of the “thoughts & prayers” variety; despite knowingly not adhering to safety precautions, they aren’t taking any responsibility for hosting a super-spreader event, judging by the pastor’s letter to the congregation. :rolleyes:

BrownBetty

Peppermynt

Defying Gravity
I've no doubt the vaccine is not a cure all. The vaccines are 95-ish % effective at preventing it. So there will be break through infections and seeing reports of those while disappointing doesn't make me doubt that we would be 100% better by having everyone vaccinated. The delta variant (which evolved because of mutations due to unvaccinated - or those who wanted one but couldn't get vaccinated) is very effective at what it does. When it mutates further we're (as a whole) going to be in worse shape.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
I've told folks I will still mask indoors and they should also. Some are some aren't... *shrugs* Flu season is going to be interesting.
I just got 2-100 count boxes of KN95 masks cuz we stay strapped over here at Chateu Phinn. Rona said she ain't playin with these hoes and I heard her loud and clear and said "yes ma'am". I still don't understand how folks think that an airborne virus just go pass over running up the nostrils of vaccinated people and doing whatever it's go do but some gotta learn the hard way. It's vaccinated people in my office that be maskless right up in each others faces which means they likely do the same with everybody they around outside work. Words mean things and vaccine has never meant cure. The unvaccinated folks who out here playing in the Hunger Games like it's checkers just go get what they get.

winterinatl

All natural!
…but I’ve always reacted strongly to big bites. So I can’t say it’s because of the vaccine. They do have PAIN which I’m not as accustomed too. It’s not just itching and swelling.

lavaflow99

In search of the next vacation
People are seriously playing around. :rolleyes: How long until they make these vaccines mandatory? I give it 6 months. Then all ** is going to break loose.
I think it will be easier to make it mandatory once it is fully FDA approved. Hopefully by the end of the year.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
I would be very surprised if vaccination will be made mandatory by the U.S. government. The gubment don't want to be in that particular business because the optics aren't good. Vaccination is more likely to be enforced on an employer case by case basis. It will likely be put that "you" either want a job or you want to remain unvaccinated and that's how the majority will be compelled to vaccinate.

lavaflow99

In search of the next vacation
I would be very surprised if vaccination will be made mandatory by the U.S. government. The gubment don't want to be in that particular business because the optics aren't good. Vaccination is more likely to be enforced on an employer case by case basis. It will likely be put that "you" either want a job or you want to remain unvaccinated and that's how the majority will be compelled to vaccinate.
So agreed. That would make the US a communist country if the government made it mandatory. :lol: Impossible!

But many business are going to make it mandatory. We are already seeing that.