The Covid-19 Thread: News, Preparation Tips, Etc

Lute

The Lolapalooza event, when Limp Bizkit was playing, Fred Durst asked into the crowed how many are you are vaccianted. Tons of people raised their hands up. He thanked them for being considerate.
I'm hoping this is true. I'm not to crazy about it. But hopefully it will prevent a spike

PatDM'T

The Lolapalooza event, when Limp Bizkit was playing, Fred Durst asked into the crowed how many are you are vaccianted. Tons of people raised their hands up. He thanked them for being considerate.
I'm hoping this is true. I'm not to crazy about it. But hopefully it will prevent a spike
I dunno.
It takes one
infected unmasked
person to make
another vaccinated
(or not) person ill.

Even small family
gatherings have
proven risky.

I am not as
assured that
this event was not
a superspreader
like all others
before it.

I feel better
when I see masks
being worn when
people are among
people they don't
live with.

naturalgyrl5199

I totally hear you.

Just to answer your question, I think that I got this from one of the previously posted articles:
https://www.newsweek.com/fully-vacc...-covid-aged-33-rare-breakthrough-case-1613379

Proportionately, not high but I don't want to be a "mild" case, a hospitalized case, nor a dead case. None of it sounds like fun.
This is why behaviors matter and will save us. 5914 breakthrough cases of 161,000,000 vaccinated equals 0.00003673 or 0.00367%. That suggests for now, we are seeing more than 95% efficacy of the vaccines. We're supposed to have around 5M if its NO MORE than 95% efficacy.

*I* operate as if I might be one of the 292 (of the 5914) who could die. And I make moves based on that. The problem with some of these vaccinated folk, they still don't take medicine, and science very seriously and test their bodies' ability to fight it off "like the flu." But I've had flu before and Flu kills and you do feel like you might die when its really a bad strain of flu. Flu hospitalizes as well.

I got my 3M N95s ya'll, then I layer a medical grade mask on top of that now.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
For all the medical professionals can ya'll help a sista out.

Disclaimer - I understand that transmittal rate from surfaces isn't the primary way of getting covid but I'm a hypochondriac and wiping stuff down makes me feel like I'm staying on top of things.

I keep on my desk, in my car and on the table at my front door a packet of cottonelle wet wipes (carryover pre-covid) and packet of 75% alcohol wipes because running to a sink every 5 minutes ain't go happen. I know that the alcohol disinfects. Do the cottonelle wipes do anything to really clean the hands for at least eating in a sanitary way, even if they are useless against covid? I figured if they can be used to clean vag and booties they should be able to clean a hand, right?

Everything Zen

They had to show proof of vaccination or a negative Covid test within 72 hours. Something like 90% of the people were vaccinated. And then like 600 people showed up and forgot either one and were turned away. Very few people every manage to jump the gate and then they even started requiring masks in the indoor spaces on like the second or third day. I’m not saying I approve of Lolla happening but they took all the pre-cautions.
Riot Fest- the one I’d be more inclined to attend- is still happening in September.

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
I see Desantis and Abbott are competing with each other.

Florida and Texas accounted for one-third of all new U.S. coronavirus cases last week, White House says​

I'm in Florida. My sister is in Texas. She calls Abbott "Wheels" and I ain't even mad at her!

And of course we have DeSatan, DeStupid, and my personal moniker for him, UpTheButtTrump.

No matter what you call these losers, people will literally die because of these two subhumans' choices.

PatDM'T

Disclaimer - I understand that transmittal rate from surfaces isn't the primary way of getting covid but I'm a hypochondriac and wiping stuff down makes me feel like I'm staying on top of things.

I keep on my desk, in my car and on the table at my front door a packet of cottonelle wet wipes (carryover pre-covid) and packet of 75% alcohol wipes because running to a sink every 5 minutes ain't go happen. I know that the alcohol disinfects. Do the cottonelle wipes do anything to really clean the hands for at least eating in a sanitary way, even if they are useless against covid? I figured if they can be used to clean vag and booties they should be able to clean a hand, right?

I am no medical pro
but while wet wipes
like Cottonelle
will actually remove
surface dirt, and are
better than nothing
at all, I would not
use them in lieu
of soap and water
before eating unless
you are nowhere
near soap and water.

That said, I am
not a fan of
sanitizer gels.
I would rather
use Purell wipes
than rub some
gel over poo
massaging it
nicely into my
hands and then
call them clean.
Seems to me
some gels make
hands stickier and
thus magnetic to
more dirt. :barf:

I understand the
gels neutralize
germs but who
wants dead germs
sitting on their hands?

I would rather
wash them off
with soap and water,
or wipe them off
with any wet wipes
in the absence of
the former.

Also, my thinking is
rather than keep
using sanitizer or
going nuts with
disinfectant because
of Covid, I just assume
everything is covered
in poop and therefore,
so are my hands
as they have
touched everything.
This keeps me from
touching my face
and makes me
not mind the walk
to wash them when
I need to eat or
prepare food.

If I touch something
sticky or my hands
get grimy while I
am working and
cannot afford to
go wash my hands,
because I am on
a tight deadline,
I use a Purell wipe
(or any wet wipe
for that matter)
because the idea
is to REMOVE the
grime, not massage
it to sleep with gel.

My 2 cents.

Last edited:

lavaflow99

In search of the next vacation

Something like this?

Nope useless against COVID you are trying to kill the virus. There is no chemicals in the wipes. You may get some relief if you are wiping the virus away (if it’s on the surface). Not no guarantee

lavaflow99

In search of the next vacation
I am no medical pro
but while wet wipes
like Cottonelle
will actually remove
surface dirt, and are
better than nothing
at all, I would not
use them in lieu
of soap and water
before eating unless
you are nowhere
near soap and water.

That said, I am
not a fan of
sanitizer gels.
I would rather
use Purell wipes
than rub some
gel over poo
massaging it
nicely into my
hands and then
call them clean.
Seems to me
some gels make
hands stickier and
thus magnetic to
more dirt. :barf:

I understand the
gels neutralize
germs but who
wants dead germs
sitting on their hands?

I would rather
wash them off
with soap and water,
or wipe them off
with any wet wipes
in the absence of
the former.

Also, my thinking is
rather than keep
using sanitizer or
going nuts with
disinfectant because
of Covid, I just assume
everything is covered
in poop and therefore,
so are my hands
as they have
touched everything.
This keeps me from
touching my face
and makes me
not mind the walk
to wash them when
I need to eat or
prepare food.

If I touch something
sticky or my hands
get grimy while I
am working and
cannot afford to
go wash my hands,
because I am on
a tight deadline,
I use a Purell wipe
(or any wet wipe
for that matter)
because the idea
is to REMOVE the
grime, not massage
it to sleep with gel.

My 2 cents.
All of this. Well said!

sunshinebeautiful

Whew, yall know I'm in the covid epicenter, right? I know of no less than 4 different people in the last 3 days who have posted about relatives that died of COVID. All Black folks.

There's another person who suddenly lost a seemingly healthy 40 year old sister. She posted about her sister's hospital admittance, asking folks to pray for her recovery, and then the next day about her death but also posted asking people not to ask "what happened" to respect the family's wishes. I'm thinking it's COVID too, but chile, that's just a guess.

My coworker stayed out today because of either suspected COVID symptoms or coming in contact with someone with COVID. The only reason I know is that my supervisor posted to our group chat, linking him to a COVID testing site. I think I was accidentally looped in that message. :nono: I sent my well-wishes that his test comes back negative.

naturalgyrl5199

I knew the Superintendent would eat his words. He did a presser last night saying he wrote DeSatan a letter asking for flexibility to allow the School Districts to decide on masks. He says 7+ kids he know of are hospitalized in our city.
4 of them are infants.
2 are less than 8.

He wants to mandate masks for pre-school-8th grade. Make it mask option for 9-12 grades.