The Covid-19 Thread: News, Preparation Tips, Etc

lavaflow99

In search of the next vacation

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
"Their (the family) initial response was that they were uncertain of Covid protocols," Geithman said. "The process the parent was instructed to do by Marin County Public Health was to quarantine." The school district told CNN they have taken action against the parents, but details of that punishment remain confidential. "They've since issued apology letters to me, the principal, and the teachers involved and recognized their lack of judgement," Geithman told CNN. He also noted all the children are recovered from Covid-19 and there was no serious illness among the group.

We been dealing with Covid for nearly 2 years and they were uncertain that they at the very least needed to let the school know the kid tested positive? I can't stand liars and the ones who don't even try to make the lie convincing are the worst.

During regular times people will send their kids to school sick without caring how it impacts other peoples lives and during the pandemic there's a whole lot of people that don't care who they harm with the same actions. I keep telling folks don't trust nobody in these streets that you don't know and some of the ones you think you know you still need to keep an eye on.

mensa

^^^^ I’ve been delaying mine as well and had a somewhat similar close call with a friend who is seeing a new guy. Both are fully vaccinated and she has the booster. We met up for brunch for the first time in 4 months after Thanksgiving and she wanted me to meet her new man as he lived a few blocks from the restaurant. He never reported so we went elsewhere for a while. He finally responded saying he was quarantined because his brother (unvaccinated) tested positive for COVID for the second time and apparently wasn’t doing so well. Apparently he was symptomatic at Thanksgiving. Her man was feeling tired himself. We go back to her place for tea. She reveals that she was with him on Black Friday. I’m like:

View attachment 477287

I ask her to take me home and immediately give them both some spare rapid home test kits and tell her to keep me posted. Her boyfriend did end up testing positive and she’s feeling fine and continues to test negative and I’m feeling fine a little stuffy nose here and there but I’m not playing with these people and getting my cross brand Moderna booster this week.
Where did you get the rapid test kits from?

LostInAdream

Where did you get the rapid test kits from?
I get mine from CVS.

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
NyC has announced a mandatory private sector vaccine mandate. This gone be good We have 1 person in the office who has refused to get vaxed. He gets tested every Monday morning before coming to work. Which if you really think about it makes no sense ...but I'm excited for this mornings ZOOM call when the mandate is announced! ...definitely gone be some drama behind this.
There are 18 people in my department and 5 are unvaxxed! Thank the Good Lord I work from home! We fall under the federal mandate for CMS providers to be vaxxed and because of it, the company laid out a plan with a progression to termination for the unvaxxed. But now that's on hold because it's going to the federal courts now. So we'll see what happens!

BrownBetty

"Their (the family) initial response was that they were uncertain of Covid protocols," Geithman said. "The process the parent was instructed to do by Marin County Public Health was to quarantine." The school district told CNN they have taken action against the parents, but details of that punishment remain confidential. "They've since issued apology letters to me, the principal, and the teachers involved and recognized their lack of judgement," Geithman told CNN. He also noted all the children are recovered from Covid-19 and there was no serious illness among the group.

We been dealing with Covid for nearly 2 years and they were uncertain that they at the very least needed to let the school know the kid tested positive? I can't stand liars and the ones who don't even try to make the lie convincing are the worst.

During regular times people will send their kids to school sick without caring how it impacts other peoples lives and during the pandemic there's a whole lot of people that don't care who they harm with the same actions. I keep telling folks don't trust nobody in these streets that you don't know and some of the ones you think you know you still need to keep an eye on.
They parents are lying! They knew they needed to inform the school and not send the kid to school! No one cares about their apology letters!
I agree. I have family members who claim they are vaxxed and I have a strong feeling they are lying.
I'm so tired of people.

oneastrocurlie

I got boosted and flu-ted (flu shot) yesterday. Other than two sore arms, no side effects and no superpowers have been activated. A few other people were getting theirs before and after me. And then there was a old white lady who must come to pharmacy often cause she knew the pharmacist by name. No mask. Just vibes and an unmet deductible for her prescriptions.

BrownBetty

I got boosted and flu-ted (flu shot) yesterday. Other than two sore arms, no side effects and no superpowers have been activated. A few other people were getting theirs before and after me. And then there was a old white lady who must come to pharmacy often cause she knew the pharmacist by name. No mask. Just vibes and an unmet deductible for her prescriptions.
I'm still shocked when I see old people wandering around maskless in public indoor spaces. Then omarion popped up and they still don't care.

naturalgyrl5199

Yaw....

Ugh...I just saw a news report about counterfeit COVID rapid tests purchased online. I live 3 minutes drive from a testing site in FL which is also 10 minutes from my job and is open darn near 24/7. I just would rather go to the official testing site that reports to the Health Dept.

It was along with the report about how Customs confiscates fake clothing, accessories and even (GASP) kiddie swing sets posing as major popular brands. Says they tested them for lead and the numbers were off the charts. The masked customs agent said that the exposed metal is part of the handle kids touch each time, exposing them. I wanted to scream.

He says the Nike, Adidas, Louis Vuitton and similar brands send them a detailed manual on specific points on the logo that determine real vs fake. He showed a counterfeit Adidas jersey that had the logo part exactly right right but not the tag part. Same for a Louis wristlet.
He says some people are okay with saving the money and accept the item as counterfeit, but says some of these items may be compromised as far as hazardous materials and choking hazards.

naturalgyrl5199

They parents are lying! They knew they needed to inform the school and not send the kid to school! No one cares about their apology letters!
I agree. I have family members who claim they are vaxxed and I have a strong feeling they are lying.
I'm so tired of people.
Whatever punishment they get---GOOD. I hope it includes expulsion of the child. Let the child scorn their irresponsible parents. The child put others at risk due to the parents. So the child is a RISK.

naturalgyrl5199

Then make THEIR poor job situation everyone else's fault--using that lack of sick leave an excuse to make others ill.

Black Ambrosia

My niece's mom tested positive for covid. She isn't vaccinated. My niece has already been out of school at least 2 weeks this semester due to covid exposures in the classroom. Her dad is notifying the school and will take her to get tested tomorrow. I'm guessing she'll be out until next week at the earliest but that's the last week of class for the year so she'll basically be out until next year. Hopefully she can be in class for a few days if she's negative.

Side note: The nasal swab is absolute torture for a kid. The last time my niece screamed for almost 30 minutes in the car. I'm sure this will come up in therapy as a adult. smh. Her school does a mouth swab but only offers testing once a week.

Last edited:

Black Ambrosia

I was apprehensive about jab #3.. & now here they come with a recommendation for a 4th jab?? This gotta be where I exit stage left!

Also..the hammer never dropped at my job. I work (& live) on the Queens Long Island border and often forget Long Island doesn't play by the same rules as NYC.
I feel you. I really do but I don’t think our weariness of the measures changes anything.

oneastrocurlie

I wonder if the Pfizer CEO forgot they put out a press release saying this earlier in the day...

Preliminary laboratory studies demonstrate that three doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine neutralize the Omicron variant (B.1.1.529 lineage) while two doses show significantly reduced neutralization titers

naturalgyrl5199

I will get my 4th jab next year (in 12 mos). I did my 3rd one 11 mos after my 1st 2 series. I'm good. I'll come back when they do a combined Flu/COVID jab. (they'll come up with that by spring anyways). Pfizer wants da money.

But for real its just new version of the old one. It will replace all previous series with improved strains. No big deal over here. People getting the COVID shot for the first time will get this 4th version from Pfizer and then just need to do it yearly from there.

Evolving78

I will get my 4th jab next year (in 12 mos). I did my 3rd one 11 mos after my 1st 2 series. I'm good. I'll come back when they do a combined Flu/COVID jab. (they'll come up with that by spring anyways). Pfizer wants da money.

But for real its just new version of the old one. It will replace all previous series with improved strains. No big deal over here. People getting the COVID shot for the first time will get this 4th version from Pfizer and then just need to do it yearly from there.
Me too. I a family member died last week. Refused to get vaccinated.. it is running rampant at my child’s school. All unvaccinated.