The Covid-19 Thread: News, Preparation Tips, Etc

Kitamita

A good resource:

Covid-19 Wastewater Monitoring in the U.S.​

This chart shows the SARS-CoV-2 virus concentration present in samples of wastewater taken from across the United States. The level of virus in wastewater is a leading indicator, meaning it precedes the change in clinical case counts or hospitalizations.

BonBon

Everyone in there was unmasked and they were packed in like sardines. With that many people I would have skipped it and gone elsewhere, but we’d traveled for a bit to get there for brunch. I would have preferred open air. Soooo many people!

Real talk - I can't wait for the weather to pick up for outdoor meets. I've had a couple of situations where a place started to get half full and I was jumpy enough! It doesn't help if everyone is vaxxed for me since I know there will be carriers in the room and this strain is one of the most contagious viruses in history.

Same with the planes. I went long haul in 2021 where everyone had to be vaxxed (but not tested) on the way out and wear masks. I was nervous as heck and this was before Omicron :lol: Now they have changed it to just vaccinated and no mask :nono: My country just want people to go ahead and catch it at this point.

Black Ambrosia

I will never again sit on a plane without an N95. Even before Covid I would sometimes get sick on my way to places. I can’t believe that I didn’t think of this before Covid. Asian folks knew. I have not seen an Asian person’s entire face in public since 2020. :lachen:
I never thought of this before but you're right. The swine flu got them ready at a moment's notice.

BrownBetty

This country is raggedy AF! Folks don't want to mask, don't want to get vaxxed, don't want to do anything but act like covid is a cold meanwhile people are still getting sick and long covid is real. See how all the covid protections are now gone? So if you get sick, good luck.
China is locking down and somehow we are opening all the way back up. Smh

I use this site now https://covidactnow.org, easy to digest and allows me to access my risk.

King of Sorrow

And we're back to sharing germs all willy nilly.

Some kind of virus is making the rounds at my job and people are coming in while still sick but think it's Ok because they say it's not COVID. Although there were only a handful of us dedicated mask wearers all fall and winter and there were isolated COVID cases, it was never this many people being ill at the same time. I'm blaming it on the citywide dropping of masking and proof of vaccination. Even some of the dedicated maskers have stopped. Plus, the weather has been all over the place so when it's cold it's ideal for catching viruses and when it's warm people are out and about and gathering and sharing those germs.

We'll see what the next few weeks bring.

Seattle Slew

WinterinAtl
And we're back to sharing germs all willy nilly.

Some kind of virus is making the rounds at my job and people are coming in while still sick but think it's Ok because they say it's not COVID. Although there were only a handful of us dedicated mask wearers all fall and winter and there were isolated COVID cases, it was never this many people being ill at the same time. I'm blaming it on the citywide dropping of masking and proof of vaccination. Even some of the dedicated maskers have stopped. Plus, the weather has been all over the place so when it's cold it's ideal for catching viruses and when it's warm people are out and about and gathering and sharing those germs.

We'll see what the next few weeks bring.
Before if people got sick it was COVID. Now we have all the nasties coming back full form.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
Ya'll I thought they got me. This weekend my throat felt weird and Monday I woke up feeling like I swallowed something that stuck in my throat. I opened up and said ahh in front of a mirror and was like :shocked: cuz it din't (and I spelled din't on purpose) look right. I set up a teladoc with pics and the doctor was like you got the strep throat but take a covid test just in case. My covid results just came back negative and after 1 day of antibiotics my throat looks clear but I gotta take it for the full 10 days.

Black Ambrosia

Ya'll I thought they got me. This weekend my throat felt weird and Monday I woke up feeling like I swallowed something that stuck in my throat. I opened up and said ahh in front of a mirror and was like :shocked: cuz it din't (and I spelled din't on purpose) look right. I set up a teladoc with pics and the doctor was like you got the strep throat but take a covid test just in case. My covid results just came back negative and after 1 day of antibiotics my throat looks clear but I gotta take it for the full 10 days.
Good job staying on top of your health.

Everything Zen

It's so hard to be on these calls with everyone laughing about catching COVID and sitting around like oh well it's no big deal when I know how sick I can get from a cold and be down and out for 2 months that I was on a monthly lunch meeting and had to turn my video and mic off because I started crying they're all over here maskless and in each other's face. If I get sick the likelihood is I'm gonna go down hard. I could literally feel my chest burning and the exhaustion from the excessive coughing. I’d be afraid to go to sleep at times. They can’t do anything for you but give you prednisone some inhalers and a breathing treatment. I learned that ginger tea helps a little but you have to ride it out for two or so months. The constant prednisone fueled a cataract that I had to have surgery on at 39. Thinking about people who straight up died- This is extremely traumatic. I have a father with low vision that needs my support- I'm more at risk than anyone in my family. All this for some damn happy hour drinks in the office. I feel like quitting.

naturalgyrl5199

Whew....That was close!

Hell I was grabbing my chest reading that.

Okay now get some rest. Get to feeling better!

naturalgyrl5199

It's so hard to be on these calls with everyone laughing about catching COVID and sitting around like oh well it's no big deal when I know how sick I can get from a cold and be down and out for 2 months that I was on a monthly lunch meeting and had to turn my video and mic off because I started crying they're all over here maskless and in each other's face. If I get sick the likelihood is I'm gonna go down hard. I could literally feel my chest burning and the exhaustion from the excessive coughing. I’d be afraid to go to sleep at times. They can’t do anything for you but give you prednisone some inhalers and a breathing treatment. I learned that ginger tea helps a little but you have to ride it out for two or so months. The constant prednisone fueled a cataract that I had to have surgery on at 39. Thinking about people who straight up died- This is extremely traumatic. I have a father with low vision that needs my support- I'm more at risk than anyone in my family. All this for some damn happy hour drinks in the office. I feel like quitting.
:bighug:

Thats why I'm leaving this place. My new job REQUIRES a mask and a COVID vaccine.

That and I just needed to step away from leadership for less responsibility and more pay. My mental health was slipping again.
The young lady I posted about several pages back woke from her coma but will need a trach. But she is on the mend. COVID really sucks.