• We will be upgrading the forum, gallery and blogs with the latest versions of the software we use. This will cause some disruption. We will however try our best to minimize it. The maintenance will start the first week of May 2022 and will continue until all upgrades are completed (both software and hardware). Thank you for your understanding.

The Covid-19 Thread: News, Preparation Tips, Etc

lavaflow99

In search of the next vacation
@lavaflow99
You back in the game again? Lol You got your temp down?
Yup. Think I may be over the fever hurdle. Highest temp today was 100.5 and last Motrin was 3AM. And feeling much better! Though started with sore throat, runny nose and congestion today :rolleyes: But the body aches are much improved. Hopefully I've turned the corner.

Popsicles have come in handy :yep:

Peppermynt

Defying Gravity

I'm back! :lachen:
@lavaflow99 Hope you're feeling better!

Off topic: I have always soooo loved this skirt ... Carry on. :drunk:

lavaflow99

24 hours and fever free!! :rocker:

Talk about a fever breaking. Last night it got up to 102 :nono: so took my Motrin and went to bed. I woke up several times (4 to be exact) to move to the other side of the bed because I sweated so much the bed was soaked :lol: . Sweating so bad that when I went to the bathroom, sweat pouring down my body I had to get a washcloth to wipe off. It was crazy! You would have thought I was running a marathon in 100 degree weather. Needless to say, I feel pretty normal today. Just my throat is bit sore. Felt like knives was stabbing my throat last night but better right now.

So hopefully the hard part is over and the general recovery begins.

lavaflow99

Sadly happening in healthcare as well. I am scheduled to work Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday next week. The employers are following the 5 day rule as well. That will mean I am “cleared” to leave my house quarantine on Monday if I remain fever free and my symptoms are improving. :nono: Though technically I am still positive and contagious until day 10 (next Friday).

It’s the wild Wild West folks.

Evolving78

My recently two time boosted gf called to tell me she was positive and felt like a train wreck. My other friend tested positive but she never got the booster. I was trying to wait for Moderna’s new variant vaccine to come out this fall but I’m probably going to just go ahead and get it next month.
Please get it as soon as possible. Anybody running around telling you it’s like a bad cold is a lie from the pit of hell.

Lylddlebit

Sadly happening in healthcare as well. I am scheduled to work Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday next week. The employers are following the 5 day rule as well. That will mean I am “cleared” to leave my house quarantine on Monday if I remain fever free and my symptoms are improving. :nono: Though technically I am still positive and contagious until day 10 (next Friday).

It’s the wild Wild West folks.
Thank you for your honesty. I have limited my daughter's visits to the pediatrician during COVID. She has been to the doctor once and that was a good time to get her caught up on shots but honestly, the reason why I took her was because she had a bad fall while playing that required Dermabond. That ended up being a good time to mention her regular vaccines and well check since we were already at the facility. Luckily the office had excellent policies in place: I could wait in the car to be called in, no one was in the lobby when I checked in, no physical contact or clipboards of paperwork needed to check in, masks required ect. However the idea of having her around a potentially positive doctor when she is too young to be vaccinated just so they can check her weight against the curve isn't passing the risk benefit analysis right now. So we just kept as safe as possible until we needed to go and when we went, we took all precautions.

I am glad you are feeling better. Are there any protocols you will be taking to make sure the kids are safe before you are no longer positive and contagious when you return to work?

Last edited:

lavaflow99

Thank you for your honesty. I have limited my daughter's visits to the pediatrician during COVID. She has been to the doctor once and that was a good time to get her caught up on shots but honestly, the reason why I took her was because she had a bad fall while playing that required Dermabond. That ended up being a good time to mention her regular vaccines and well check since we were already at the facility. Luckily the office had excellent policies in place: I could wait in the car to be called in, no one was in the lobby when I checked in, no physical contact or clipboards of paperwork needed to check in, masks required ect. However the idea of having her around a potentially positive doctor when she is too young to be vaccinated just so they can check her weight against the curve isn't passing the risk benefit analysis right now. So we just kept as safe as possible until we needed to go and when we went, we took all precautions.

I am glad you are feeling better. Are there any protocols you will be taking to make sure the kids are safe before you are no longer positive and contagious when you return to work?
Wearing N95 masks the whole shift. :ohwell:

I am on team keep it real. So I completely understand. This isn't the time to be in a doctor's office for every little thing. Not only you have to worry about providers working after the 5 day quarantine but the patients themselves being positive and if they are young or their parents don't enforce it, they won't be wearing a mask. A :censored: show. Glad you are keeping your daughter's vaccines up to date though! Latest data is showing that kids have fallen behind due the pandemic :sad:

yamilee21

The rapid tests only seem to pick up Covid infections when someone is extremely ill, with multiple symptoms. The people that I know who have had Covid within the past 2-4 weeks *never* tested positive on the home antigen tests, even if they had sore throats or a runny nose, etc. People are walking around convinced they “just have allergies” while the CDC and public health departments ignore the fact that the home tests aren’t good enough to pick up these new variants… which means that people who might need treatment are inadvertently delayed from seeking it.

oneastrocurlie

The rapid tests only seem to pick up Covid infections when someone is extremely ill, with multiple symptoms. The people that I know who have had Covid within the past 2-4 weeks *never* tested positive on the home antigen tests, even if they had sore throats or a runny nose, etc. People are walking around convinced they “just have allergies” while the CDC and public health departments ignore the fact that the home tests aren’t good enough to pick up these new variants… which means that people who might need treatment are inadvertently delayed from seeking it.

I doubt they are going to be able push out new tests each time a new variant pops up unfortunately.

Evolving78

I say by day 5 after expose one should test. I believe it works that way with the PCR test too. I think a lot of people are in denial too. There is this one YTuber I follow and she keeps talking about her and her child still suffering with allergies. I’m like she needs to stop playing and call a thing and thing.