• We will be upgrading the forum, gallery and blogs with the latest versions of the software we use. This will cause some disruption. We will however try our best to minimize it. The maintenance will start the first week of May 2022 and will continue until all upgrades are completed (both software and hardware). Thank you for your understanding.

The Covid-19 Thread: News, Preparation Tips, Etc

Everything Zen

So Lollapalooza teamed up with Hulu to live stream the festival and I’m watching this mess during Lil’ Baby :rolleyes: set. We are living with Omicron BA.4 and now Monkeypox on the rise- essentially 2 pandemics at the same time.

- packed to pre-pandemic levels
- ain’t none of these :censored: wearing masks

I don’t care whoever y’all Sky Zaddy is we need to get back to church:

83CBB77D-0015-4B47-A3E1-2A497721142F.gif
06BCECFA-F3C7-4799-9092-B0BB60449337.jpeg

Last edited:

snoop

Risk of shingles rises after COVID-19 infection: study​

Adults over 50 who have had COVID-19 are more likely to experience a shingles outbreak, according to new research.

A study published in the journal Open Forum Infectious Diseases last month looked at data from 400,000 people who had been infected with COVID-19 and 1.6 million who had not. It found adults over 50 who have had COVID-19 are 15 per cent more likely to develop shingles within six months. The risk grows to 21 per cent for those who have been hospitalized with COVID-19.

Full story here

yamilee21

Adults over 50 who have had COVID-19 are more likely to experience a shingles outbreak, according to new research.

A study published in the journal Open Forum Infectious Diseases last month looked at data from 400,000 people who had been infected with COVID-19 and 1.6 million who had not. It found adults over 50 who have had COVID-19 are 15 per cent more likely to develop shingles within six months. The risk grows to 21 per cent for those who have been hospitalized with COVID-19.

Full story here
A friend’s family all had Covid recently, but her spouse also developed shingles at the same time… as if Covid wasn’t already a miserable experience by itself. :nono: Meanwhile, so many are nonchalant about catching it… “it’s just a cold” … yet new complications are continuously being found.

ScorpioBeauty09

Do vaccines make people more prone to catching it or are people letting their guard down because they’re vaccinated and incorrectly assume Covid isn’t a threat?
My father's got heart issues, we're hoping for a transplant and one of his doctors had to postpone their appointment because he tested positive for COVID19. My father is a retired surgeon and his doctor told him he was vaxed/boosted and admitted he did away with masks and social distancing. He's the same age as my dad so he's in his mid-60s. This doctor works at one of the most prestigious hospitals on the west coast. He's better now but he wasn't doing well for a while and said he regrets letting his guard down. Many people still wear masks in public where we live so he must've been pretty reckless.

naturalgyrl5199

A lot of old ppl coming down with breakthrough COVID. A lot are hospitalized for other things (heart issues, weakness, etc) and they have a cough and the hospital tests them, and they are often COVID+.

These people are OLD. They don't go nowhere but they kids and grandkids are infecting them. Then they are quarantined and cannot have visitors for several days. Its miserable.

BrownBetty

A lot of old ppl coming down with breakthrough COVID. A lot are hospitalized for other things (heart issues, weakness, etc) and they have a cough and the hospital tests them, and they are often COVID+.

These people are OLD. They don't go nowhere but they kids and grandkids are infecting them. Then they are quarantined and cannot have visitors for several days. Its miserable.
This is awful.
I've told the older folks in my life to mask, meet folks outdoors, and get boosted. They don't listen. They keep letting people into their homes. I tell them to at least make the visitors test but again no one listens. I'm dreading when the temp drops.

scoobygirl

My youngest sister got it after 2.5 years of avoiding it. She’s in North Florida but likely was infected out of town. It’s been almost 3 weeks but she’s still testing positive. She was symptomatic but feeling better now. Unfortunately her job expects you to come in after a week even if you are still positive

I have a big extended family in FL and she is the first one in the family who’s gotten it. Seems like this variant is making its way through everyone who’s avoided previously,

BonBon

The other boss in my dept is going through round two. His family had it earlier this year for the first time.

Interesting - he said that the home tests provided by the Gubment were consistently negative, but as soon as they went out and bought some other tests (nasal only) it was a strong red line. I only really have the NHS ones in my house atm.

TrulyBlessed

Been a couple weeks since I recovered from Covid and I have a slight lingering cough which I hear is normal but the smell of burning rubber off and on throughout the day is driving me bananas! I thought maybe it was something in my home but I also experienced it for this first time today while driving.

BrownBetty

The other boss in my dept is going through round two. His family had it earlier this year for the first time.

Interesting - he said that the home tests provided by the Gubment were consistently negative, but as soon as they went out and bought some other tests (nasal only) it was a strong red line. I only really have the NHS ones in my house atm.

I wonder if the test are expired. All the ones I got from the govt have a quicker expiration date.

Leeda.the.Paladin

Full story here
My MIL and BIL both have had shingles about a month after having COVID

yamilee21

So because some people refused to take Covid seriously, the entire society has to cave to them, and drop all pretense of even the most minor mitigation strategies… while the number of those disabled by Long Covid grows everyday, and the vulnerable/immuno-compromised are shown that they are considered expendable. And of course, people have lost all sense of being able to accurately judge risk, because U.S. public health agencies are too cowardly to be honest. :nono: