The Covid-19 Thread: News, Preparation Tips, Etc

awhyley

These fiasco of Press Conferences are an insult to the American people. He’s up here talking about himself and not the problems we are facing NOW with the Coronavirus!

How embarrassing it is to be an American!

I swear, he went on longer about how difficult it is being a rich American running for president than anything else. He really wanted yall to feel his pain. We're all here thinking, "people are dying out here" and here he is b*tching about rich people problems :nono:

OhTall1

Interest visual of what's achievable if folks just stay home

dancinstallion

Fyi.
My throat started tingling/felt like something was in it last night. So I ended up taking 2 tbsp of Apple cider vinegar four times a day mixed in a little water or juice, 2-3000mg vit c 4x day. Gargled with warm salt water with vinegar 3x a day. Half tab of zinc twice a day.
After a few hours I would start to feel the tingling again so doing this 4 x daily helped to spread it throughout the day compared to 3x and it stopped the tingling.

I will taper this down over the next day or two.

We were just notified this morning at work that our patient has been exposed to COVID-19 on March 6TH!!!!! :confused::mad: .
I had the needy patient on the 16th and 17th, sure enough on the night of 18th is when I said that my throat started feeling funny.
Oh yea our administrator said they arent going to test the patient since the patient isnt having any symptoms. :confused::mad:o_O
They just put the patient in isolation today and I have the patient again tonight. We have no more N95 masks. I do have a mask with an eye shield.

Last edited:

King of Sorrow

Ladies, i saw a video that made an excellent point. Pray for the people that don’t feel safe in their own homes! There are those in borderline and abusive relationships where the sheltering in place is not a good thing.

I was thinking about this when I read that in NY and NJ liquor stores are considered an essential service (food and beverage) and remain open. :(

MamaBear2012

This is me just venting. Sewists are sewing masks. I'm one of those sewists. I'm sewing some for a neighbor, a friend, and a relative. But if a doctor/nurse/or someone else who uses masks asked me if I'd sew some masks, then I would.

Why do people keep going online talking about "this isn't effective". We know that sewing some fabric together is not ideal, but really, if the CDC has changed it's guidelines (because this country is a dang mess) and they say that if there are no other options, a bandana can be used, then let sewists put this fabric together to at least make a mask! Yes, our healthcare providers need the appropriate equipment, that ship has long sailed, we're in desperation mode now.

I have nurses in my life who are using 1 N95 mask per shift. 1 per shift. Yeah, that ship has sailed, man.

dancinstallion

Wow! How are you feeling?

since the patient is asymptomatic, how often must you interact with them? Is it just popping your head in? Or physical interaction?

I am feeling fine.
I think a lot of people have it and or have been exposed to it so I believe the numbers of the people that are infected are 10x higher. This virus cant be so contagious and deadly when hospitals, nursing homes etc arent even testing patients or staff even though we have come into contact with someone that has been exposed or may have it.

Last edited:

Jas123

The Star of a Story
I had to take a break from this thread so I just skimmed the last few pages. I think there may be something to the nationwide lockdown. My cousin said that his job sent out a letter stating that their work is essential and that they are not to be prevented from movement due to presidential order.

ETA: I told DH about the pics but he's not convinced. He said there were pics floating around of the national guards in downtown Chicago but they ended up being fake. So I guess we'll just have to wait and see :ohwell:
They passed those letters out at my job too. We were told to carry with us at all times, plus they gave us something to put on rearview mirrors.

Jmartjrmd

This is me just venting. Sewists are sewing masks. I'm one of those sewists. I'm sewing some for a neighbor, a friend, and a relative. But if a doctor/nurse/or someone else who uses masks asked me if I'd sew some masks, then I would.

Why do people keep going online talking about "this isn't effective". We know that sewing some fabric together is not ideal, but really, if the CDC has changed it's guidelines (because this country is a dang mess) and they say that if there are no other options, a bandana can be used, then let sewists put this fabric together to at least make a mask! Yes, our healthcare providers need the appropriate equipment, that ship has long sailed, we're in desperation mode now.

I have nurses in my life who are using 1 N95 mask per shift. 1 per shift. Yeah, that ship has sailed, man.
Exactly! Thank you for sewing. I want one!!
I have 2 n95 masks for if I absolutely have to go to the doctors. Right now my cardiologist is phone appointments only but I cannot avoid seeing the eye doc in person. I will use one for that appointment.

Jmartjrmd

Oh no. :0(
Nurse Judy Wilson-Griffin is first COVID-19 death in St. Louis region
SSM Health: ‘She was a hero in the truest sense’
  • By Rebecca Rivas Of The St. Louis American
  • Mar 20, 2020 Updated Mar 21, 2020

Judy Wilson-Griffin, an African-American nurse who worked at SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital, was the first person in the St. Louis region to succumb to COVID-19.

St. Louis County Executive Sam Page identified her only as a St. Louis County woman when he announced her death on Friday, March 20, the day she died. She was the first coronavirus-related death in the county and the region.

Page said she had multiple health complications prior to contracting the virus. She was tested earlier that week and diagnosed 48 hours later.

SSM Health told The American that “Judy had not been sick for several weeks,” as some other media reported. “She has been out on personal time.”

“Judy Wilson-Griffin was a beloved member of our family. Our hearts break for her family and friends and we will keep them in our prayers as we cope with the loss of our cherished colleague and friend,” SSM Health said in a statement.

“One of our physicians put it best: ‘Judy was an incredible nurse, educator, leader and person. Her passion and dedication was second to none. She was a hero in the truest sense.’”

Page said that public health officials do not know if she had traveled. One public health official said they are left with the assumption that it was “other acquired.” That may mean the woman caught the virus from within the community.

“That is the expectation that we expected to happen throughout St. Louis County,” the official said, “and we do believe that time is here.”

However, officials said they couldn’t confirm that it was “community spread.”

St. Louis County had 10 confirmed cases as of March 19, and five cases were under investigation. Forty-nine tests have returned negative results.

Page said that the testing requirements at all locations are still restricted to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s guidelines, which are that a person must have a fever, have traveled to a high-risk location or have been exposed to a person with COVID-19.

“There are no words that can heal the pain of a loved one’s death. We are quickly seeing the toll that the coronavirus is taking on so many families’ lives,” ” Page said.

“We are in this together, and it is compassion for each other that will get us through this. As one community, we will find hope.”

You must be logged in to react.
Click any reaction to login.

Tags

Ganjababy

The uk government told soup kitchens to stop giving food to the homeless.

Western union and money gram will still be making money this year. Tourist destination countries will be hit hard. All those people employed in the tourist industries will be depending heavily on family members abroad to send them money. Even though many of these family members will be jobless too.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
These fiasco of Press Conferences are an insult to the American people. He’s up here talking about himself and not the problems we are facing NOW with the Coronavirus!

How embarrassing it is to be an American!

To me, him and being American are separate. American people, such as many of the women on this site, including you, step up every day in ways that are awe inspiring.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Infographic. The part about the origin of the virus may not be correct. The majority of this is pretty good!