The Covid-19 Thread: News, Preparation Tips, Etc

Black Ambrosia

1/31 Trump banned travel from China to slow the spread. On 2/1 Washington Post was telling us to get a grip (that was the headline) about Coronavirus because it's not a big deal.

Most people listened to them and Fox and whoever else downplayed it at various times.

Other people decided that new virus + clear Chinese government coverup combined with silencing doctors + freaking out on their citizens = ignore advice of the news and start getting ready.
I googled and can’t find the article you’re talking about. Do you have a link? I’m asking because it sounds like an opinion piece not an article.

Jmartjrmd

I’m not sure what else has to happen for everyone (not those reading this thread necessarily) to take this seriously. This is an extinction level event in my mind. This is the spring hit, and there will be
Girl, I've read people talking about this was man made so the government can make a vaccine and make it mandatory so they can put microchips in us.
And that the Democrats are making up the situation in hospitals to promote fear.
Lemme see if I can find a video...

Kanky

1/31 Trump banned travel from China to slow the spread. On 2/1 Washington Post was telling us to get a grip (that was the headline) about Coronavirus because it's not a big deal.

Most people listened to them and Fox and whoever else downplayed it at various times.

Other people decided that new virus + clear Chinese government coverup combined with silencing doctors + freaking out on their citizens = ignore advice of the news and start getting ready.
Around the same time that The Washington Post was telling us to get a grip Jeff Bezos was selling several billion dollars worth of amazon stock and politicians were telling their wealthy friends to so they same. Now there are news headlines about how “lucky” these rich and well connected people were.

shelli4018

Girl, I've read people talking about this was man made so the government can make a vaccine and make it mandatory so they can put microchips in us.
And that the Democrats are making up the situation in hospitals to promote fear.
Lemme see if I can find a video...
The tea is....We don’t need microchips as long as everyone insists on carrying cell phones everywhere.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Caveat: Thieves oil was used during the times of the Black Plague. The Plague was a bacterial disease. It was not a viral infection.

No one is exactly sure about the thieves oil blend, but here is one person's recipe:

About Thieves Oil
If you buy something through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. How this works.

While reading about essential oils, you may have heard about something called thieves oil. Thieves oil is actually a blend of several essential oils, most often:

• Cinnamon: Made from the bark, leaves, or twigs of several species of cinnamon tree
  • Clove: Made from the undeveloped buds of the flowers found on the Eugenia caryophyllata species of clove tree
  • Eucalyptus: Obtained from the leaves of Eucalyptus plants, which are native to Australia
  • Lemon: Extracted from the rinds of the lemon fruit, Citrus limon
  • Rosemary: Derived from the herb rosemary, Rosmarinus officinalis
Benefits of individual oils

• 2017 studyTrusted Source found that low concentrations of cinnamon and clove oil had high antimicrobial activity against persistent cultures of Borrelia burgdorferi, the causative agent of Lyme disease.
  • A 2018 studyTrusted Source found that vapors of cinnamon oil inhibited the growth of respiratory pathogens like Haemophilus influenzae and Streptococcus pneumoniae in a petri dish. But eucalyptus oil had little activity.
https://www.healthline.com/health/thieves-oil

Ganjababy

I live a few miles from an Indian reservation. We were driving through it yesterday and they had roadblocks and we passed a really bad road accident. So I googled and people are going there trying to buy cigarettes and gas, one station we passed had gas as low as 52c per litre. I just googled and they have 2 cases of COVID-19 so they are cutting off the outside community. I don’t blame them.

I read up on the history of these people and they were driven from their lands as far away as Florida. They “gave” them new lands in Canada, then stole most of the lands they gave them (my house is on the land that was stolen, plus most of the towns surrounding us). I pray the incidence of this disease stays low in their and all communities...

Chicoro

Suggestion: Paper, ink, printer (in case you need 'papers' to move about)

Please make sure you have enough paper and ink for your printers.

Why?
Because in the event of a serious lock down or quarantine you may be asked to use a paper or document to go out. This is what I have to have in France. I have to put where I am going, the date and the time I leave my house.

They have changed the form so I had to print out more. My paper supply is low and I am unable to get more paper.

I have a Street Sista Trick, which is to use an erasable pen. I write my date and hour in ink that I can erase. Just in case. I keep that pen with the documents. Because if push comes to shove and I run out of paper, I'm erasing the date and re-using that same paper. Right now, I only have to go out every other week so I use a fresh sheet. I've only been out 2xtimes thus far. I've not had to employ my Street Sista Trick of erasing.

Chicoro

Sick Kit In Case. Do you have one prepared?:
Continuing along the lines of having to care for myself , I am preparing in case I get sick.

I went to the pharmacy today. I asked the pharmacist to give me some medicine for the situation if I fall ill. Since I am alone, I don't have anyone to assist me if I get sick. I don't know my neighbors. Even so, I can't expect them to help me.

Thus, I got a kind of medicine pack in the event I fall ill. I trust this man because he helped me when I had an issue before.
He gave me:

• Saline solution to cleanse my nose. (I can also make up my own with Xylitol, too.)
  • Throat spray with chlorhexidine/lidocaine
  • Doliprane which is a type of Tylenol (I have a big bottle of Tylenol, from the US)
  • Acerola 1000 chewables
He said I can start taking the Acerola and doing the nose spray today. I already am doing these processes with items I had before going to the pharmacy. I will save what he gave me for later, in case I need those products and continue to use up the stuff in my house.

He told me if I have any questions to come back to the pharmacy and ask.

I asked him if I had breathing problems, which hospital should I go to. He told me I must first call Emergency, number 15, and go from there. I am not to go to the hospital. That would make sense because I could infect a whole bunch of folks along the trajectory.

Last edited:

vevster

Caveat: Thieves oil was used during the times of the Black Plague. The Plague was a bacterial disease. It was not a viral infection.
Good point! However, I'm still choosing to use it. Many of the ingredients have immune boosting and/or anti viral properties.

ETA I don't have access to the masks that block the virus ie N95, I feel this is better than going out barefaced.

Last edited:

intellectualuva

Good point! However, I'm still choosing to use it. Many of the ingredients have immune boosting and/or anti viral properties.

ETA I don't have access to the masks that block the virus ie N95, I feel this is better than going out barefaced.

Tea tree oil may be a decent addition or replacement as that plus and eucalyptus were used in some nbcu studies on the flu and HSV I read right when this began.

Lylddlebit

Rural communities are going to be hit hard. Many of them don’t have access to a single medical facility. Just don’t understand why they aren’t more panicked.

If you live on self sufficient country land it's a lot easier to avoid coming into contact with the pathogen altogether. It's also a lot easier to protect yourself from the unprepared when they run out of resources and feel emboldened to "try it" on the prepared. Even with better medical facilities density counts. Many times people in townships or census designated areas are transported or flock to the city's hospital when they need the city hospital's resources. I am not sure if the pandemic development will cause local officials to restrict those common practices but I really think if you actually need to go to the hospital right now you are in for a journey whether you live in the city or country and the existence or physical proximity of a resource won't necessarily make it available to one who needs it as more folks need it. I think in either case the same resources are going to be stretched as a bottom line. Whereas, if you are trying to avoid getting sick from this thing and don't have and existing condition, the built-in social distancing and available resources on the land of someone with country living is definitely an advantage right now.

Last edited:

Chicoro

I think they are great oils. Cinnamon and clove and lemon can burn the skin. So, try not to get them near and directly on your precious and sensitive lip, nose and facial skin.

UmSumayyah

Trump must be a nightmare to work for. I just saw him asking why the hospitals need so many masks and what are they doing with them? He is crazy lol
Someone upthread posted about people stealing masks from their hospital. My husband saw a sign coming home from work yesterday "We have disinfectant, gloves and masks, call ###-###-####. I have read articles in which staff have said that they started locking up the PPE.

It's a valid question AND he probably doesn't appreciate the number of masks a hospital goes through every day, especially in a situation like this.

business insider reports that people are stealing masks from hospitals

https://www.businessinsider.com/people-stealing-masks-from-hospitals-and-research-facilities-2020-3