The Covid-19 Thread: News, Preparation Tips, Etc

Reinventing21

Spreading my wings
Even if Ivanka stayed home (although remember she did travel), all the assisstants are running errands and exposing themselves to more people more often which in turn increases her risk of exposure.

I have two guy friends that by their professsions come into contact with a lot of people. My reasoning is if I were to meet up with one of them, it would be like not just coming into contact with one person, but all the people they too have come into contact and increasing my risk of exposure.

ThirdEyeBeauty

We do not know everything about viruses. There is the possibility that pollution, the decrease vitamin D, increase in upregulation of ace 2 receptor (with the use of ace inhibitors, angiotensin II receptor blockers and statin drugs, for example) that the virus binds to, and the work of the ecosystem with changes during the seasons influence the cycle of this type of illness. A coronavirus seems to stay around for about two years before that particular virus disappears. Vaccines are not the way to treat the problem. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1306801/

Last edited:

Lute

Even if Ivanka stayed home (although remember she did travel), all the assisstants are running errands and exposing themselves to more people more often which in turn increases her risk of exposure.

I have two guy friends that by their professsions come into contact with a lot of people. My reasoning is if I were to meet up with one of them, it would be like not just coming into contact with one person, but all the people they too have come into contact and increasing my risk of exposure.

Your right, there were a reports/articles that she broke the Stay at Home Order and spent Passover at her father's private golf club in Jersey.

Reinventing21

Spreading my wings
I am looking ahead to the fall/winter season, and I am concerned about a full on catastrophe of flu and covid 19 if people cannot adhere to at least a general form of social distancing (which is going to be especially hard during warm weather). There are still so many unknowns, conficting information and new symptoms popping up in different types of people.

What are you ladies doing to prepare for winter and a possible second shutdown?

MzRhonda

Just like aids or an std you have slept with all the other people your partner has slept with without a condom.

MzRhonda

I am looking ahead to the fall/winter season, and I am concerned about a full on catastrophe of flu and covid 19 if people cannot adhere to at least a general form of social distancing (which is going to be especially hard during warm weather). There are still so many unknowns, conficting information and new symptoms popping up in different types of people.

My fear is of the re-opening if schools my opinion they should go straight online in the fall but pressure from parents may prevent that. It is impossible to implement any form of social distancing or disenfectant in that setting

shelli4018

Taking supplements: Vitamin D, ginger, turmeric
Staying hydrated.
Started a Victory Garden.
Moderate exercise/yoga.
Experimenting with recipes that don’t require much meat (if any)
Being mindful of the “news” I consume.
Managing long term food storage/staples

I do think it’s a good idea to have at least a two week (or more) supply of food on hand for emergencies. No one wants to be stuck in long lines if there’s a run on supplies. We still have to get through hurricane season.

shelli4018

My fear is of the re-opening if schools my opinion they should go straight online in the fall but pressure from parents may prevent that. It is impossible to implement any form of social distancing or disenfectant in that setting
I’m curious to see what the infection rate looks like in two weeks. If the current state reopenings drive infections up it will add to the calculus for school in Fall.

vevster

Optimize my key nutrient levels, get off bp medicine. I’m ready now but at my my next check up, I will go with a list of tests I want run and make adjustments accordingly.

Reinventing21

Spreading my wings
To all the ladies affected most by the hurricane season, I pray you and your families remain extra safe. I have been worried about hurricane season which is of course traumatizing enough without covid 19.

It sounds like all of us are staying on top of nutrition and mental health so that is a positive. I too will have to look up Victory garden though, lol. Thanks for the idea @shelli4018 !

@awhyley I am interested in how that is going to work out long term for them. I can see 3 kids already with no mask in that photo. I can't even imagine anything like that going over or lasting in our school systems. Plus who will pay for the dividers and masks? Kids don' t even have equal access to basic textbooks etc.

At first I had just prepared myself mentally to June, but as we inch closer, I am not sure what to think about the bigger picture especially with these "nutballs" as @shelli4018 said.

dancinstallion

No they shouldn't go straight online. Too many black kids are behind already and they are and will be even further behind due to online schooling. Online school is not for everyone even college students have a hard time doing classes online. I routinely homeschool and make my kids take classes online throughout the years and even I am struggling with staying on top of all the courses and daily teacher emails. Every parent cant homeschool. It would be a disaster for black kids. I would pull my kids out of school if they had to go fully online.

Everyone should wear a mask and something needs to be done now so every student will have a mask.

Last edited:

Kalia1

I’m curious to see what the infection rate looks like in two weeks. If the current state reopenings drive infections up it will add to the calculus for school in Fall.

I’m curious too :yep:
I’m even going to compile state stats for comparison. I refuse to believe social distancing should cease if a state is still increasing in case size of more than a thousand per day. My state (MD) as of yesterday had an increase of 1,000+ cases. They are relaxing some restrictions yet I’m not comfortable relaxing what I’ve been doing to stay safe.

sunshinebeautiful

We do not know everything about viruses. There is the possibility that pollution, the decrease vitamin D, increase in upregulation of ace 2 receptor (with the use of ace inhibitors, angiotensin II receptor blockers and statin drugs, for example) that the virus binds to, and the work of the ecosystem with changes during the seasons influence the cycle of this type of illness. A coronavirus seems to stay around for about two years before that particular virus disappears. Vaccines are not the way to treat the problem. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1306801/

I don't see where any of these conclusions are stated in the article you linked.

MzRhonda

No they shouldn't go straight online. Too many black kids are behind already and they are and will be even further behind due to online schooling. Online school is not for everyone even college students have a hard time doing classes online. I routinely homeschool and make my kids takes classes online thought the years and even I am struggling with staying on top of all the courses and daily teacher emails. Every parent cant homeschool. It would be a disaster for black kids. I would pull my kids out of school if they had to go fully online.

Everyone should wear a mask and something needs to be done now so every student will have a mask.
I disagree.
I teach a class online in the summer to high schoolers it works well.
You can not compare what you see now to a true online learning class. The delivery platform is totally different from what was quickly put in place right now. One of my classes was already online the students actual learning has continued my other class when I asked our central office people if I could put that class on the same platform they said no so their learning experience is totally different.
what many parents are seeing and having to deal with now is not a reflection of what true online learning would look like.

dancinstallion

I disagree.
I teach a class online in the summer to high schoolers it works well.
You can not compare what you see now to a true online learning class. The delivery platform is totally different from what was quickly put in place right now. One of my classes was already online the students actual learning has continued my other class when I asked our central office people if I could put that class on the same platform they said no so their learning experience is totally different.
what many parents are seeing and having to deal with now is not a reflection of what true online learning would look like.

I know that. I know what was thrown together is totally trash and the students havent learned anything new in months so that will be 6 months including the summer of not learning. Black kids are going to be behind.

I am an advocate of online courses/school. I just think it will not work in favor of the majority of students especially average and below average black kids.

Would never work here their students are very well mannered and rule followers they sit nicely with hands folded on desk. Ours aren’t.
We use paper dividers during major testing.

Exactly. Our students arent well mannered enough in the class room, imagine them at home having to do that same work online while mama and daddy are working and nobody home to watch them and tell them to put their phones down.. it will be a disaster for black kids. Other students will thrive online.

Last edited:

dancinstallion

side note- I wish the black community would stop hiding the fact that we are dying from COVID too many of us running around thinking we are immune that’s a dangerous thought!

I think black people know but they just dont care. My friend just went to a house party in Cali and they are nurses. :confused: It was a birthday party of a 43yr old. The party was packed. :drunk: My friend said they were social distancing. :spinning: I laughed and said yall are the people we talk about.

People are ready to go out and party. Dh said people in the hood/city in Houston are doing the same thing. The suburbs of houston are doing it right but the city itself is not. Blacks and Hispanics are gathering, drinking, hugging, having birthday parties. Ye shrug. People dont listen. And they dont care.

Last edited:

madamdot

My pediatric holistic MD also mentioned pumping up on vitamin D. She asked me how much I take and I told her 10,000 ius. She was surprised I was already taking it and even more that I take this much. A few days later I read a British article that suggests that vitamin D could help fight off the virus.

BTW the reason I take this much is about 12 years ago I got super sick and a found a doctor who told me my Vit D levels were the lowest he’d ever seen. He found a lot of other issues too but this one stuck out because I was living in FL at the time and was surprised but he pointed out that in the US we mostly just go from one enclosed space to another. It’s also bad for the black population because it takes longer for us to absorb it from the sun.

After that I got my level regularly tested and apparently my body has issues absorbing it. It plummets if I go down to even 5000.