The Covid-19 Thread: News, Preparation Tips, Etc

Evolving78

^^^Right! Working for the NIH would be a dream job. I cannot say what I want to say about any of those well know abbreviations without getting banned. The CDC, FDA, NIH, WHO, FEMA and the likes have all lost their reputation. I will not use them for any decision I have to make for my personal life going forward.
I considered WHO too. This is just awful. Like not just scary, but hurtful. The world is in desperate need.. where is the humanity!?!

Evolving78

It's not the difficulty, they just don't want to do it. The kind of people who won't wear masks are in the same vein as the ones who won't wear condoms then act suprised when they end up at the doctor or friend of the court with a situation on their hands.
And it’s so many people that don’t want to. Like we really get a visual aid of how people think and feel about certain things. I wanna say so much more. This really has me in my feelings about life, relationships, my career goals, my family.

this is like the Walking Dead! Can’t trust people, always looking for gas and supplies, zombies trying to infect you or just be downright disruptive.

Reinventing21

Spreading my wings
I think the way to get more people on board is to stress the awful persistent symptoms and complications that linger indefinitely even after one has supposedly conquered covid.

Since people are not literally dropping dead in the streets every other second, it is hard for too many to grasp the potentially longer term severity of this disease. Right now they are mentally burned out over it and since the death numbers aren't in the millions, too many rest easy on the idea that they won't get it and if they do, they won't die.

When the experts report a huge number of those who got the virus while stating a significantly lower number of deaths PLUS underreporting the lasting havoc on the body, people are lulled into false sense of security.

However, this thing seems to possibly be able lay dormant in the body waiting for its chance to strike more than one time. What happens when fall/winter/lack of sun/flu season and people are at most risk with weakened immune systems?

But they know this. Officials have decided it is worth the price if they can keep the economy going a bit longer. (So the rich have more time to get their stuff in order).

sunshinebeautiful

I think the way to get more people on board is to stress the awful persistent symptoms and complications that linger indefinitely even after one has supposedly conquered covid.

Since people are not literally dropping dead in the streets every other second, it is hard for too many to grasp the potentially longer term severity of this disease. Right now they are mentally burned out over it and since the death numbers aren't in the millions, too many rest easy on the idea that they won't get it and if they do, they won't die.

When the experts report a huge number of those who got the virus while stating a significantly lower number of deaths PLUS underreporting the lasting havoc on the body, people are lulled into false sense of security.

However, this thing seems to possibly be able lay dormant in the body waiting for its chance to strike more than one time. What happens when fall/winter/lack of sun/flu season and people are at most risk with weakened immune systems?

But they know this. Officials have decided it is worth the price if they can keep the economy going a bit longer. (So the rich have more time to get their stuff in order).

Speaking of which... every time I read one of these articles I'm like "oh hell naw" when I see people out here like whatever. I ran across this one earlier this afternoon.

What They Don't Tell You About Surviving COVID: https://www.chron.com/news/medical/...EHF4gwsrkghYkWpyCyE0tsP3fxiZwS2HZT7lG6wbGkoME

I'm so good on catching this and am taking every precaution I can. The kidney failure, strokes, lung replacements. Naw.

TrulyBlessed

Phase 4?! All the best to Chicago!

Chicago Reopening: Phase 4 of reopening for city set for Friday, Mayor Lightfoot says

CHICAGO (WLS) -- Mayor Lori Lightfoot has announced Monday that Chicago is on track to move into Phase 4 of reopening on Friday along with the rest of Illinois.

Phase 4 will allow additional business to reopen with limited capacities and COVID-19 safeguards.

Indoor seating at restaurants, museums and zoos, performance venues and summer camps will all be allowed to reopen in Phase 4. Restaurants will be limited to 25 percent capacity for indoor dining.

Residents are asked to continue to follow social distancing and wear a face mask as well as limiting gatherings to less than 50 people for indoor events and 100 people for outdoor events.

"The service and sacrifice made by Chicagoans from every corner of our city and every walk of life has allowed us to safely reach the point where we are now," said Mayor Lightfoot. "It includes the incredible work done by our healthcare professionals, first responders, and essential workers who have cared for our residents and kept our city running. Everything we've done to meet this moment has been the direct result of the hard work and sacrifice of our residents, which has not only saved the lives of thousands of Chicagoans over these past three months, but also helped lay the groundwork for the transformative recovery that will follow.

The city has released industry-specific guidelines for reopening businesses, which are available at chicago.gov/reopening.

Officials said Chicago can move into the next phase as the city has reached its goal of fewer than 200 new COVID-19 cases per day. The current 7-day average is at 167 new cases per day.

"The data continue to show that we're making progress and we'll be ready to move into phase four later this week," said CDPH Commissioner Allison Arwady, M.D. "However, we still have a lot of COVID-19 cases here in Chicago; we're just now moving from a high-risk to a medium-high-risk city for COVID-19 spread, based on our numbers, and we need to move ahead cautiously. I can't emphasize enough the need for people and businesses to continue to abide by the public health guidance so we can avoid the spike in cases we're seeing in other cities and states that re-opened before us."

On Monday, the Lakefront Trail and The 606 Trail both reopened with COVID-19 restrictions.

https://abc7chicago.com/reopening-illinois-chicago-phase-4-il/6259750/

SoniT

Wow, Chicago is going to phase 4. We're just getting to Phase 2. I'm not even ready to do some of the things that are in Phase 2. I went inside Target for the first time in months and it was overwhelming. It was very busy. Thankfully everyone had on masks but there were still too many people for me.

Reinventing21

Spreading my wings
Speaking of which... every time I read one of these articles I'm like "oh hell naw" when I see people out here like whatever. I ran across this one earlier this afternoon.

What They Don't Tell You About Surviving COVID: https://www.chron.com/news/medical/...EHF4gwsrkghYkWpyCyE0tsP3fxiZwS2HZT7lG6wbGkoME

I'm so good on catching this and am taking every precaution I can. The kidney failure, strokes, lung replacements. Naw.

Exactly. That is the awful truth info people need to get it through their heads that this is not 'just the flu'.

We need to prepare for fall/winter.

Reinventing21

Spreading my wings
I think my kids will be homeschooled this coming school year. I pray they will continue with e-learning for the safety of everyone in my community.

I am truly scared about that. I just do not see school being able to return to the way it was, yet I have not heard any real plan on what schools are going to do. To get ahead of this thing or erradicate it, we have to take some drastic measures that are going to require global cooperation. But we can' t even get people to temporarily wear a mask...

Kurlee

I truly believe this!