The Covid-19 Thread: News, Preparation Tips, Etc

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Oh Lawd..I hope this person was joking...

View attachment 460695

I think not breathing in carbohydrates is where I've been going wrong lol

I just can't with people anymore. :bricks:

So surgical suites are just getting a fresh batch of surgeons every 2 months when the other ones drop dead? Or do they rotate the mask wearing to better time the deaths?

Dr. Google yielded no results on breathable carbohydrates.

Were any hippos harmed in the drafting of the laws regarding them? Who was their representative?

Who/what/where is Exatly? Can we meet? Can I go? What kind of mask should I bring? I need answers, please help.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Oh Lawd..I hope this person was joking...

View attachment 460695

I think not breathing in carbohydrates is where I've been going wrong lol
Hyperbole ... by those who refuse to wear a mask, using fear tactics to support their foolish cause.

There are far too many surgeons, nurses, construction workers, even nail technicians who maintain the use of masks daily, well into their golden years who remain standing. Wearing masks does save lives.

lavaflow99

In search of the next vacation
How about some swine flu to go with that coronavirus? Every month there is something new. I can't no more.... :nono:

Flu virus with 'pandemic potential' found in China
By Michelle RobertsHealth editor, BBC News online
  • 3 hours ago
Related Topics
Image copyrightGETTY IMAGES
A new strain of flu that has the potential to become pandemic has been identified in China by scientists.

It emerged recently and is carried by pigs, but can infect humans, they say.

The researchers are concerned that it could mutate further so that it can spread easily from person to person, and trigger a global outbreak.

They say it has "all the hallmarks" of being highly adapted to infect humans - and needs close monitoring.

As it's new, people could have little or no immunity to the virus.

Pandemic threat
A bad new strain of influenza is among the top disease threats that experts are watching for, even as the world attempts to bring to an end the current coronavirus pandemic.

The last pandemic flu the world encountered - the swine flu outbreak of 2009 that began in Mexico - was less deadly than initially feared, largely because many older people had some immunity to it, probably because of its similarity to other flu viruses that had circulated years before.

That virus, called A/H1N1pdm09, is now covered by the annual flu vaccine to make sure people are protected.

The new flu strain that has been identified in China is similar to 2009 swine flu, but with some new changes.

So far, it hasn't posed a big threat, but Prof Kin-Chow Chang and colleagues who have been studying it, say it is one to keep an eye on.

The virus, which the researchers call G4 EA H1N1, can grow and multiply in the cells that line the human airways.

They found evidence of recent infection starting in people who worked in abattoirs and the swine industry in China.

Current flu vaccines do not appear to protect against it, although they could be adapted to do so if needed.

Prof Kin-Chow Chang, who works at Nottingham University in the UK, told the BBC: "Right now we are distracted with coronavirus and rightly so. But we must not lose sight of potentially dangerous new viruses."

While this new virus is not an immediate problem, he says: "We should not ignore it".

The scientists write in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences that measures to control the virus in pigs and closely monitor working populations should be swiftly implemented.

Prof James Wood, Head of the Department of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Cambridge, said the work "comes as a salutary reminder" that we are constantly at risk of new emergence of pathogens, and that farmed animals, with which humans have greater contact than with wildlife, may act as the source for important pandemic viruses.

naturalgyrl5199

Staff at our Health Department--including the Epidemiologists who are responsible for testing, contact tracing and reporting are planning to quit, sue and some are going under whistleblower status. The Inspector General will be investigating. Many other county HD staff are following suit. I'll continue to insulate my own staff and allow teleworking and quarantining. But I have no faith in senior leadership when you put the equivalent of a secretary to run an incident command structure because she is white and a "yes woman." So now white supremacy word is being thrown around.... I had to call in a special privilege to get a staff tested who has been exposed and quarantining. Ya'll just stay safe and keep using common sense. Again, the numbers are underreported world wide, not just in my state so be safe as best as you can. Resist the temptation to go on vacations, and be near crowds

ThirdEyeBeauty

Anyone have verifiable information that hospitals are counting C-19 patients in their bed count? My understanding is most places are simply counting an increase in patients and based on increase in positive cases it is deduced that some hospitalizations are c19 patients.

Now the increase in patients can be from people going back to seeking other medical care.

We are in some strange times. Any information is appreciated.

naturalgyrl5199

^^^
Unverified but state to state---at this point, its not much of a conspiracy...see below.

Many of those rapid tests ($175 cost) are giving positive results that are NOT being counted in my state. Its because the tests aren't deemed completely reliable. So they are called "presumptive positive." Many of these presumptive+ then get sicker....and show up at the hospital, who then treat them as COVID positive based on their disclosure (and I will give that most people wouldn't really lie about it--but who knows), and then report the patient as COVID+ without a confirmatory test. But IRL this is no different from someone saying they were diagnosed with the flu in a clinic with a rapid test, then showing up with massive breathing problems to the hospital, and if they die from it, they will report it as a "flu death" without bothering to confirm the flu with a test. That is a little less conspiracy-feeling. So I wouldn't get frustrated so much.

Now, concerning the rapid tests not being reported (Follow closely)...what makes me really mad is that again, they are not counting them towards actual COVID+ tests because the rapid test gives false negatives. It lacks a certain reagent that tends to be more confirmatory. So if you are positive from a rapid test---the positive has been confirmed by standard more gold standard tests. Its the NEGATIVE result from the same rapid test that gives FALSE negatives that's really a positive. So they don't trust it and cannot report either results as reliable...And that's the problem--> The rapid test shouldn't even be allowed since you can't count the negatives or positives...but someone who is greedy allowed clinics to attain them....which I believe the FD..A is collusion.

awhyley

OT:
If anyone is thinking of purchasing a house, take advantage of the messed up economy and get one now with ultra low rates. You will also likely close in record time in many places in USA.

Are your banks still lending? Because ours hit the brakes as soon as Covid-19 was confirmed. I'm waiting on them to lift the moratorium but they're dragging their feet.

TrulyBlessed

Welp a pretty nasty case of Telogen Effluvium is in full effect :nono: Could be low vitamin D or from the suspected case of Covid I’m convinced I had in March along with the prolonged fever. The hair loss started 2 weeks ago. Apparently this is common among a lot of people right now and it takes around 3 months from a stressful event/illness for the effects to show up in the hair. I feel like I should be panicking but stress would only make things worse. I purchased some supplements to try to resolve this and I plan to start teleworking outside to get more sunlight. Be well y’all.

Shimmie

Staff member
Welp a pretty nasty case of Telogen Effluvium is in full effect :nono: Could be low vitamin D or from the suspected case of Covid I’m convinced I had in March along with the prolonged fever. The hair loss started 2 weeks ago. Apparently this is common among a lot of people right now and it takes around 3 months from a stressful event/illness for the effects to show up in the hair. I feel like I should be panicking but stress would only make things worse. I purchased some supplements to try to resolve this and I plan to start teleworking outside to get more sunlight. Be well y’all.
Praying for you... :pray: be healed...

Ganjababy

Since the pandemic all the delivery people stopped knocking and just leave the packages.

Except for this one guy. He knocks loudly and continuously. Until I open the door. Once. After that I ignored his knocks. He still knocks. Loudly and continuously.

He favours a young schizophrenic Frederick Douglass. He reminds me (appearance) of a few mentally ill black men I used to see in London.

Now I wait until he leaves then I get the packages. Last week I waited 15 minutes and thought he had left and opened my door to collect the package. He was still parked outside. A short time later I get a picture in my email of me picking up my packages!! :lachen::lachen::lachen: I hate that man so much.

I don’t want to complain about him. Maybe someone accused him of stealing their delivery, or he is just neurotic or on the spectrum and has to do things a certain way. But I don’t know if I can stop myself from opening the door and cussing him out for the continuous loud knocking during these COVID-19 times. I thought of leaving a note on the door saying I have Covid lol. But thought that was a really bad idea for so many reasons.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
Since the pandemic all the delivery people stopped knocking and just leave the packages.

Except for this one guy. He knocks loudly and continuously. Until I open the door. Once. After that I ignored his knocks. He still knocks. Loudly and continuously.

He favours a young schizophrenic Frederick Douglass. He reminds me (appearance) of a few mentally ill black men I used to see in London.

Now I wait until he leaves then I get the packages. Last week I waited 15 minutes and thought he had left and opened my door to collect the package. He was still parked outside. A short time later I get a picture in my email of me picking up my packages!! :lachen::lachen::lachen: I hate that man so much.

I don’t want to complain about him. Maybe someone accused him of stealing their delivery, or he is just neurotic or on the spectrum and has to do things a certain way. But I don’t know if I can stop myself from opening the door and cussing him out for the continuous loud knocking during these COVID-19 times. I thought of leaving a note on the door saying I have Covid lol. But thought that was a really bad idea for so many reasons.
Bless his heart. He’s looking out for you, that’s all. Just yell through your door, :curtain: “Thank you, it’s okay for you to leave now. I have it from here. Bye.” :lol:

He’s may have witnessed folks having their deliveries stolen or Heaven forbid, not delivered on purpose by dishonest drivers. I recently had an issue with Amazon. I never received a package, but their records said otherwise. Fortunately, they replaced the order.

MomofThreeBoys

:lachen::lachen::lachen: