The Covid-19 Thread: News, Preparation Tips, Etc

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
I was just watching a video about the new cases of coronavirus being made up by younger people and more and more pregnant women. One pregnant lady was like "every bone in my body hurts". My home girl and her husband have been isolated since February and now baby #2 is in the oven and I'm thrilled and worried for her.

Sorry, not sorry, I simply do not believe people who say they have know idea how they got the virus. They got it because they were running the streets with no :censored: masks on or were in a house with somebody who was running the streets with no masks on. It's too many people without masks on running the streets for it to be any other answer. It's true that the virus can knock on your door in the form of somebody with the virus who ain't wearing a mask and proceeds to breathe all over you or your deliveries and you don't sanitize them and wash your surfaces afterwards but who is forgetting when that happens? I really feel like the people who say they don't know how they got the virus are on par with the people are at a loss of how they got pregnant or got somebody pregnant.

nycutiepie

My friend in Arizona is losing her dad to Covid. The hospital called and said he was unresponsive. He was discharged last week then took a turn for the worst.

She has a young adult son and a young niece with a boyfriend. All of them have tested positive. They went to celebrate the dad’s birthday 2 weeks ago and the son didn’t have any taste or smell when they visited. They are all pointing fingers at each other. How can these young people be so reckless? How can my friend be so careless after knowing what happened here in NY? The dad has every damn high risk factor.....diabetes, high BP, kidney issues/on dialysis, heart issues. She claims they didn’t make it seem that serious down there. Mind you, this is a woman with 2 Masters Degrees. I told her the ish was serious. Now they will be riddled with guilt.

I feel bad for my friend and I loved the father. However, the rest of these red state MFs gonna learn the hard way. The Governors are listening to the idiot in the WH who dgaf about anyone’s life.

SoniT

My friend in Arizona is losing her dad to Covid. The hospital called and said he was unresponsive. He was discharged last week then took a turn for the worst.

She has a young adult son and a young niece with a boyfriend. All of them have tested positive. They went to celebrate the dad’s birthday 2 weeks ago and the son didn’t have any taste or smell when they visited. They are all pointing fingers at each other. How can these young people be so reckless? How can my friend be so careless after knowing what happened here in NY? The dad has every damn high risk factor.....diabetes, high BP, kidney issues/on dialysis, heart issues. She claims they didn’t make it seem that serious down there. Mind you, this is a woman with 2 Masters Degrees. I told her the ish was serious. Now they will be riddled with guilt.

I feel bad for my friend and I loved the father. However, the rest of these red state MFs gonna learn the hard way. The Governors are listening to the idiot in the WH who dgaf about anyone’s life.
That's terrible! :( Why did the son go over there if he didnt have a sense of taste and smell? That's one of the main symptoms. My sister wanted us to visit our father for his birthday but he told us that he didn't want visitors.

ThirdEyeBeauty

I’ve been looking around for a multi-family place to buy, but people have been pulling their properties off the market and waiting for this to pass.
Why? It is likely that they will receive the offer they want now or over asking price and in fast time.

ThirdEyeBeauty

THIS.
Only people desperate to get out of their current situation are selling up.
That may be true. It seems people are upgrading though to a bigger house not a smaller one. Some houses were empty already and now finally in pending--several of them. People are getting their offer price or more though and not under.

Layluh

I was just watching a video about the new cases of coronavirus being made up by younger people and more and more pregnant women. One pregnant lady was like "every bone in my body hurts". My home girl and her husband have been isolated since February and now baby #2 is in the oven and I'm thrilled and worried for her.

Sorry, not sorry, I simply do not believe people who say they have know idea how they got the virus. They got it because they were running the streets with no :censored: masks on or were in a house with somebody who was running the streets with no masks on. It's too many people without masks on running the streets for it to be any other answer. It's true that the virus can knock on your door in the form of somebody with the virus who ain't wearing a mask and proceeds to breathe all over you or your deliveries and you don't sanitize them and wash your surfaces afterwards but who is forgetting when that happens? I really feel like the people who say they don't know how they got the virus are on par with the people are at a loss of how they got pregnant or got somebody pregnant.

I gotta remember that last line. LMAO

Crackers Phinn

Awww. I wonder what his vitamin D level is.
I probably shouldn't have but I cackled at this. It does no good to take Vitamin D if you go chillax in a room full of mask free Covid-19 positive people breathing on you for hours at a time.

I asked everyone who wouldn't mind answering. So far they all claimed to have worn a mask and sometimes gloves. It could be a lie though.

People are probably developing low immune systems from mask increasing co2 and decreasing oxygen more than just touching a door and then rubbing their eyes.
Yep, just like how people who contract HIV claim to use a condom or taken PREP faithfully, except that time when they didn't. While a healthy immune system will help strengthen your body to fight a virus, much like HIV, you still have to participate in risky/unprotected activity with a carrier of the virus to get it in the first place.

lavaflow99

In search of the next vacation

I don't want to victim blame but I wish your friend's father had refused to have people over to celebrate/visit his birthday.

I trust no one.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
My man came over this weekend. We haven't seen each other since the quarantine began. (he lives a distance), We quarantined separately but talked and texted. It was a lovely weekend, I must say.

He did some chores, and installed my TUSHY Spa bidet; the one with temperature control.
Oh my! I can't imagine how the expensive and built-in bidets must feel. I still have to get the one with the handheld sprayer installed in the other bathroom—next time. But I may get another TUSHY instead. Great for the price

Last edited:

meka72

My man came over this weekend. We haven't seen each other since the quarantine began. (he lives a distance), We quarantined separately but talked and texted. It was a lovely weekend, I must say.

He did some chores, and installed my TUSHY Spa bidet; the one with temperature control.
Oh my! I can't imagine how the expensive and built-in bidets must feel. I still have to get the one with the handheld sprayer installed in the other bathroom—next time. But I may get another TUSHY instead. Great for the price
I have the sprayer bidet and didn’t really like it. There’s a learning curve IMO. For the first two months or so, I sprayed everything (my face and legs, walls, floors, etc) except my “area.” :lachen::lachen::lachen:I couldn’t wait to buy another auto bidet. Of course, that was when I started getting the hang of the sprayer bidet.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I have the sprayer bidet and didn’t really like it. There’s a learning curve IMO. For the first two months or so, I sprayed everything (my face and legs, walls, floors, etc) except my “area.” :lachen::lachen::lachen:I couldn’t wait to buy another auto bidet. Of course, that was when I started getting the hang of the sprayer bidet.

:lachen:Aww, sorry Boo! That happened to me the first time I turned the TUSHY on. I was standing over the commode and turning the knobs to see how to operate it and when I turned the knob to the "Bum Wash" setting, the nozzle turned up and sprayed me, and my man, who was standing beside me, all in the face and chest. We got soaked.:lachen:
I used it twice today so far and my bum is some kind of clean and fresh. Wow! :flahssssss:

discodumpling

Still Covid free over here. God is good as it seems that most people in my family are managing just fine. With the exception of my cousin who works for NYC Transit none has reported the Rona. ...some of these folks be lying though; and of course if you're asymptomatic you will never know without testing. But from Europe to the Americas my fam is Ok.
How have your families fared during Corona?
Are we still quarantining hard or only slightly?

Ganjababy

That’s great.

Several family member’s parents and grand parents have died in UK and US. My aunts father was one, he was a WWII vet. The last real gentleman I know. He lived a colourfilled, full life. Was banned from the US at one point for being in the communist party and complained that his progeny was letting him down because half of them married the descendants of colonizers and all his hard earned money will be going to them:look: But that’s what he gets for moving to England in the 5o’s lol. He used to say it in jest but he was half serious lol. RONA took him out a year or so earlier than if there were no RONA.

My grandmother is nearly 100. She spends 1/2 her year in Ja and the other half in Georgia. I honestly don’t know if I will ever see her again. She is my first Shero. The way things are now. She had over a dozen kids and over 150 descendants and counting. She is another colourful character. She used to smoke cigars and once told my sister’s live-in partner that she would come to England and shoot him with her rifle if he did not marry her grand-daughter and stop living in sin. She is well loved and cared for and is still with it.

I think I have been lucky so far. Things could be worst. People out there struggling. I give thanks.

Still Covid free over here. God is good as it seems that most people in my family are managing just fine. With the exception of my cousin who works for NYC Transit none has reported the Rona. ...some of these folks be lying though; and of course if you're asymptomatic you will never know without testing. But from Europe to the Americas my fam is Ok.

SoniT

My family is faring well. Thankfully we are all healthy and continuing to take precautions. I still haven't visited any family that doesn't live in the house with me. We're not ready for that yet. We stay in touch by phone, text, and Zoom.

awhyley

Miss_Luna

I personally know two families that have lost someone to corona because a younger person in the household had it. By younger, I mean a 50 year-old contracted it at work and gave it to his 70+ year-old mother-in-law, who was recovering from surgery.

The second family was a similar event; the son gave it to his mother while visiting. I can't imagine the guilt that comes with that.

I've been tested and I still stay away from most people. I hope people start doing a better job at protecting their loved ones.

awhyley

When you don't hear . . .

Restaurants, Gyms Shutting Down Again in Miami-Dade Due to Florida COVID Spike

What to Know
  • Restaurants, gyms and other venues are being ordered to shut down again in Miami-Dade County as of Wednesday, July 8th
  • Restaurants may continue to operate for takeout and delivery
  • Mayor Carlos Gimenez cited an uptick in hospitalizations and a rising state coronavirus positivity rate as his major concerns

Link: https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local...XFT6AJLqCqkKMSFIBAiGGxVjlHd_RjMhY-E9sGwxNW7Dg

Crackers Phinn

My in-laws kid snuck out and brought the virus back to both parents and the mother is a cancer survivor. Covid hit her hard but she never got to the point of needing a ventilator. It hit the father who was relatively healthy like pneumonia. Both of them are expected to recover but kid is being shipped off to military school as soon as it's safe.

This is terrible but whatevs. My friend tried to get her mother and sister to come out to the compound she and her husband were staying before the outbreak was bad but the sister wouldn't come unless her babydaddy could (that was a no) and moms wouldn't come without the sister and her kids. Welp, they all got the covid and moms and baby daddy didn't make it. My friend has declared her sister to be dead to her. As far as she's concerned her babies won't know their grandmother because sis chose dude over safety. Could be pregnancy hormones, but I don't blame her.

Lute

My in-laws kid snuck out and brought the virus back to both parents and the mother is a cancer survivor. Covid hit her hard but she never got to the point of needing a ventilator. It hit the father who was relatively healthy like pneumonia. Both of them are expected to recover but kid is being shipped off to military school as soon as it's safe.

Does the kid realize understand the severity of what almost happened? He/she could've lost both parents.

Crackers Phinn

I bet you they change their minds about military school lol
Nope, Pop Dukes cannot stand the sight of his boy right now and sent him to an isolation center for (Jews) who have tested positive for Covid that need a place to stay away from family that has tested negative. His mother is less mad but I haven't heard a peep from her about not packing her hell spawn off. I think they been talking about military school for a while and this latest situation just pushed the decision off the cliff.