The Covid-19 Thread: News, Preparation Tips, Etc

Everything Zen

First COVID death in the family happened. Granted it was extended family but I considered him to be an uncle. His coughing got worse overnight and he didn’t even make it to the hospital and passed away overnight/early this morning. He was my dad’s age at 75 - no known underlying symptoms that we knew of and we have no idea how he got it bc everyone else in that household tested negative including his gf who is a nurse.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
First COVID death in the family happened. Granted it was extended family but I considered him to be an uncle. His coughing got worse overnight and he didn’t even make it to the hospital and passed away overnight/early this morning. He was my dad’s age at 75 - no known underlying symptoms that we knew of and we have no idea how he got it bc everyone else in that household tested negative including his gf who is a nurse.
:pray: I’m sorry to hear about your Uncle’s passing. I pray for you and your family’s comfort and healing.

vevster

So sorry to hear

vevster

That is excellent. I'm happy to hear that. My friend also told me that when she called the doctor's office to check her mother's vitamin D levels, they said they stopped doing the test automatically last year. So, she has an appt to get tested tomorow. So happy that they are going into this trip PREPARED.....
Her vitamin D was so low they rushed a prescription through. They didn’t even give the number. This is ridiculous. We really need to educate ourselves because those docs are not it.

vevster

We have to think about what our game plan is for the Fall / Winter. My game plan is:
  1. Blood test my nutrient levels and adjust supplements as necessary
  2. Purchase 50,000 IU Vit D capsules to have on hand. My nephew is coming to school in NY and I have be able to run to him and dose him up if he gets sick.
  3. Everything else is the same. I'm using up my inventory of Lysol wipes and will use Force of Nature exclusively in my car and other places I used to use the wipes.

Last edited:

Ganjababy

I have to do the COVID test next week for work. I am nervous. Yes I am a chicken. Whenever I have to do any invasive exams I am given a prescription for one tablet of an antianxiety medication (due to ptsd).

Obviously I cannot ask my doc for medication for taking a covid test. I would just look ridiculous lol. Plus waste their important time and resources. So I have to put on my big gal drawers and take the test...

upload_2020-7-24_13-56-59.jpeg

Shudders...

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.

nycutiepie

We have to think about what our game plan is for the Fall / Winter. My game plan is:
  1. Blood test my nutrient levels and adjust supplements as necessary
  2. Purchase 50,000 IU Vit D capsules to have on hand. My nephew is coming to school in NY and I have be able to run to him and dose him up if he gets sick.
  3. Everything else is the same. I'm using up my inventory of Lysol wipes and will use Force of Nature exclusively in my car and other places I used to use the wipes.
I’m trying to live in the moment but proper planning prevents poor performance. I saw the FON Cleaner is all natural. That’s not a necessity for me but I have my blood oxygen pulse oximeter and will order extra Vitamin D. Beyond that I’m just continuing to stay away from people for the most part.

vevster

I have to do the COVID test next week for work. I am nervous. Yes I am a chicken. Whenever I have to do any invasive exams I am given a prescription for one tablet of an antianxiety medication (due to ptsd).

Obviously I cannot ask my doc for medication for taking a covid test. I would just look ridiculous lol. Plus waste their important time and resources. So I have to put on my big gal drawers and take the test...

View attachment 461383

Shudders...
Watch this

vevster

dicapr

View attachment 461383

Shudders...

I had it done a week ago. Not pleasant But not awful. It only last about 15 seconds. So at least it’s quick.

TrulyBlessed

So they don’t have to go all up into the nose? If no, this should have been how they did it in the first place!

I wonder how/ if this impacts the validity of the test?

I was tested yesterday and they definitely didn’t shove it all the way up to my brain. I asked the lady what happened to the horror swabbing I’ve been seeing on the internet and she said that was their method last month.