The Covid-19 Thread: News, Preparation Tips, Etc

Peppermynt

Defying Gravity
Has anyone seen this? There was a WhiteCoatSummit and apparently, this happened yesterday in Washington, DC. They are discussing how hydroxychloroquine is a (preemptive) cure for the virus and that no one needs to be sick. They have a Nigerian doctor by the name of Dr. Stella Emmanuel in the group. Here she is below.

Zinc, zithromax (sp?) and hydroxychloroquine. Hmmm - very interesting.

Trump was touting hydroxychloroquine wasn't he. I'd hate for him to have been right :oops: we'd never hear the end of it. :rolleyes:

vevster

Zinc, zithromax (sp?) and hydroxychloroquine. Hmmm - very interesting.

Trump was touting hydroxychloroquine wasn't he. I'd hate for him to have been right :oops: we'd never hear the end of it. :rolleyes:
Yeah, but he is a known liar so....... he has no credibility, plus, he doesn't have a medical background so there you go.

vevster

https://nutritionalpharmacology.wordpress.com/2020/03/21/combating-covid-19-with-zinc-and-quercetin/

A South Korean research paper has demonstrated in Vitro that by increasing the Zinc concentration in cellular cytoplasm, that viral replication is inhibited. As intracellular levels of Zinc are increased the inhibition of viral replication can reach 100% according to charts within the paper. The researchers used two antimalarial drugs which are Ionophores. Ionophores are molecules that can carry a charged ion like Zinc across a cellular membrane. South Korea has been treating high risk, Critically I’ll COVID-19 patients with the drug Hydroxychloroquine. It is likely the single clinical reason that South Korea has the lowest death rate in the world for COVID-19 victims of 0.6% Hydroxychloroquine is a pharmaceutical drug that requires a prescription. However there is a nutritional supplement called Quercetin that is a Zinc Chelator and Ionophore and requires no prescription. It’s interesting that there has been a great deal of research done on the ability of Elderberries as and antiviral agent. And Elderberries, Red Wine and Blueberries all three have high amounts of Quercetin. It may be likely that the high Quercetin content of these foods is the reason for their measurable anti-viral properties. So what would be better than supplementing Zinc and Quercetin together to elevate intracellular Zinc levels in order to inhibit viral replication? Since there have been no Clinical Trials of this supplement regimen then dosages are your best guess. But even increasing Zinc to levels that result in a thirty percent inhibition seems like a major advantage to the patient, and may be enough to tip the struggle in your favour.

vevster

Any recommendations for Quercetin supplements? Brands? Daily mg? Etc. @vevster
I currently take a blend for allergies that has quercetin in it but come the Fall I plan to use this:

Thorne Research PolyResveratrol-SR look around for the best price

However, you can buy straight quercetin. I'm assuming you are already taking the trinity: C, D3/K2 and Zinc/Cu.

These are brands I trust:

Jarrow Quercetin

Pure Encapsulations Quercetin

Solaray Quercetin

Also, Elderberry Syrup has Quercetin which is cool....

awhyley

Not today Lord, NOT TODAY!!!

Posted in the wrong thread, but I'll leave it, since this may have an impact on Covid-19 treatment in South Florida.

Last edited:

werenumber2

Has anyone seen this? There was a WhiteCoatSummit and apparently, this happened yesterday in Washington, DC. They are discussing how hydroxychloroquine is a (preemptive) cure for the virus and that no one needs to be sick. They have a Nigerian doctor by the name of Dr. Stella Emmanuel in the group. Here she is below.

“In sermons posted on YouTube and articles on her website, Immanuel claims that medical issues like endometriosis, cysts, infertility, and impotence are caused by sex with “spirit husbands” and “spirit wives”—a phenomenon Immanuel describes essentially as witches and demons having sex with people in a dreamworld.

“They are responsible for serious gynecological problems,” Immanuel said. “We call them all kinds of names—endometriosis, we call them molar pregnancies, we call them fibroids, we call them cysts, but most of them are evil deposits from the spirit husband,” Immanuel said of the medical issues in a 2013 sermon. “They are responsible for miscarriages, impotence—men that can’t get it up.”

Well she certainly has some interesting...ideas :abducted:

awhyley

After seeing this, I was prompted to look her up. It appears that she has a book on the subject - The "Keys to Effective Spiritual Warfare".

Link:
She's also the founder of "Fire Power Ministries" (where you link the articles, but I linked the Facebook as well below). This isn't looking good.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/FirePowerMinistriesWithDrStellaImmanuel/

(eta: They're already demonizing her online for her theories)

Last edited:

vevster

“In sermons posted on YouTube and articles on her website, Immanuel claims that medical issues like endometriosis, cysts, infertility, and impotence are caused by sex with “spirit husbands” and “spirit wives”—a phenomenon Immanuel describes essentially as witches and demons having sex with people in a dreamworld.

“They are responsible for serious gynecological problems,” Immanuel said. “We call them all kinds of names—endometriosis, we call them molar pregnancies, we call them fibroids, we call them cysts, but most of them are evil deposits from the spirit husband,” Immanuel said of the medical issues in a 2013 sermon. “They are responsible for miscarriages, impotence—men that can’t get it up.”

She’s nuts. But I heard about the hydroxy from other reliable sources.

eta Facebook took down her video and she said https://www.nydailynews.com/coronav...0200728-juzu6mbyvjf7diofyiyro6vewy-story.html

Last edited:

nyeredzi

Has anyone worn a mask all day? What is that like? I finally got a job. I’m reviewing the new PPE policy and I will have to wear a mask all day while on shift. I’m glad that’s the policy but I’m wondering what that will be like.

also are they still putting the swabs halfway up to people’s brains when they are testing them I wonder...
Get those ear savers for your mask

dicapr

This doctor from Yale says Hydroxychloroquine is legit.

Interesting but he keeps touting his own research and defending his initial conclusion. I’ll admit I’m prejudiced against the drug because I took it for years and it was horrible.

The article is speaking of the drug’s effectiveness early in the disease process which isn’t what we are seeing presented to us when people are admitted to the hospital. Like it has been stated before and this article agrees with after 48 hours of “severe” symptoms the drug is ineffective.

To randomly give out that drugs to anyone who is high risk and tests positive regardless of how sick they are bothers me. This drug can mess up your liver, your heart, cause blindness, causes stomach issues, there are reports of increases depression, ect. Plus physically many people feel like crap. I know we all want a cheap easy treatment. But this seems like low return unless you have adequate testing (which we do not) to catch early infections and use this drug as a first line of defense.

Right now people are still waiting almost a week in some places for results. We do not have the supply of the drug available to give to anyone with suspected COVID-19. Lupus and RA patients were already in an uproar earlier this year before it was decided the drug was ineffective because they were told they would have to forgo their treatment for the so called greater good. The supply is not there. And contrary to how it is portrayed ramping up production would take months.

The idea that this drug is widely available and the answer to all our problems is a oversell in the very least and very dangerous if the mainstream scientific community is correct in their assessment of the effectiveness the risk in using this drug and a treatment.

vevster

Interesting but he keeps touting his own research and defending his initial conclusion. I’ll admit I’m prejudiced against the drug because I took it for years and it was horrible.
The idea that this drug is widely available and the answer to all our problems is a oversell in the very least and very dangerous if the mainstream scientific community is correct in their assessment of the effectiveness the risk in using this drug and a treatment.
Thanks for making excellent points. It is valuable since you have first hand knowledge using it.

This is why I go back to what I am now calling the Trinity: Vitamin D3/K2 --Zinc---Vitamin C

I feel that these, taken regularly and adjusted as needed are all you need. Throw in Quercetin (the natural Hydroxycholoroquine - with no side effects) if you have the budget for it.

Last edited:

MomofThreeBoys

The article is speaking of the drug’s effectiveness early in the disease process which isn’t what we are seeing presented to us when people are admitted to the hospital. Like it has been stated before and this article agrees with after 48 hours of “severe” symptoms the drug is ineffective.

To randomly give out that drugs to anyone who is high risk and tests positive regardless of how sick they are bothers me. This drug can mess up your liver, your heart, cause blindness, causes stomach issues, there are reports of increases depression, ect. Plus physically many people feel like crap. I know we all want a cheap easy treatment. But this seems like low return unless you have adequate testing (which we do not) to catch early infections and use this drug as a first line of defense.

Right now people are still waiting almost a week in some places for results. We do not have the supply of the drug available to give to anyone with suspected COVID-19. Lupus and RA patients were already in an uproar earlier this year before it was decided the drug was ineffective because they were told they would have to forgo their treatment for the so called greater good. The supply is not there. And contrary to how it is portrayed ramping up production would take months.

Love this guy

Lute

@dicapr Your respose made me think about the discovery and usage of Thalidomide. A drug used to treat leporsy and causes serious birth defects.. If you wiki it..It's shocking this happened.

If a cure does more harm than good. Is it really a cure or just a band-aid?
Are ready to deal with over a million people dealing with the side effects/possible death taking Hydroxycholoroquine .

What they're trying to push goes against the moral code of ethics for doctors. I don't really trust what they're saying because it seems like an act of desperation in order to get Trump re-elected. How is Europe and Asia dealing with theraputics.

Last edited:

naturalgyrl5199

The problem with the Hydroxy is that its not a one-size even fits MOST.
In the initial trials for COVID-19 (note that it had been used for other types of SARS/MERS, Coronavirus type illnesses) it helped a lot of people. Like...A LOT.
But for many it accelerated their death when time and treatment may have been more appropriate. I've taken it when I used to do Medical Missions in South America as a prophylaxis for Malaria.

No researcher/Large Pharma lab, nor the FDA will approve it for such use.........T..rump isn't lying about it helping (for once)....its helped A LOT. But if the FDA approves it, it means that it met certain standards. IMO the FDA has approved things they shouldn't have...and they have been rightly sued and drugs recalled later on because of it....that being said...no, the gov't has been pretty transparent that its helped MANY but they can't approve it for use as a TRULY effective treatment specifically for COVID-19 because you'd have a WHOLE lot of people being cured, but a WHOLE lot dying faster. ...If it did help enough people....Any Lab (Big Pharma company) would have jumped on it. However, all you need are 100 deaths in a week and your lab could be sued into oblivion. Any lab wold be ridic to stand behind it. The Presz just doesn't know how research works.

NOBODY knows if it will help them or hurt because science hasn't proven it enough, nor have the results been replicated.

So yeah...the money was definitely there to manufacture it....but the liability is way way WAAAAAAY higher.

naturalgyrl5199

This all day. I took it for a week and was wrecked. Its too dicey and many will die unnecessarily for the sake of about an equal amount of people who will be saved or have LESS symptoms.
Key point: The research hasn't proven that those who did fine on Hydroxy after surviving COVID-19 would have died otherwise. They can't prove it because SO many who took Hydroxy with COVID-19 DID DIE. Its hard to catch that window because so many people are dragging themselves in within a day or more of severe symptoms for fear of coming to the hospital itself.

The science is there...it works for many...but not for most.
You have the drugs actual mechanism...but people are ignoring the bigger picture, its not even holding up in RCT type trials which are gold standard.

lavaflow99

In search of the next vacation
After seeing this, I was prompted to look her up. It appears that she has a book on the subject - The "Keys to Effective Spiritual Warfare".

Link:
She's also the founder of "Fire Power Ministries" (where you link the articles, but I linked the Facebook as well below). This isn't looking good.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/FirePowerMinistriesWithDrStellaImmanuel/

(eta: They're already demonizing her online for her theories)

She keeps saying that masks don't help. But I briefly saw two of her videos on her FB page and she has a mask on. An N95 at that in one of them.

:nono: She's a joke.

awhyley

She keeps saying that masks don't help. But I briefly saw two of her videos on her FB page and she has a mask on. An N95 at that in one of them.

She is getting ripped in the media. I'm sorry that she's the face of this meeting, as there were white doctors there who spoke as well, but she was the focus of the gathering. I hope that she can salvage what's left of her career after this.

lavaflow99

She is getting ripped in the media. I'm sorry that she's the face of this meeting, as there were white doctors there who spoke as well, but she was the focus of the gathering. I hope that she can salvage what's left of her career after this.

She wants to be the voice as she has been very boisterous on Twitter even asking to meet Trump and asking for urine samples from Dr. Fauci to see if he is taking hydroxychloroquine. :abducted:

So let her stand by her message and take the consequences of her actions. :look:

#zerosympathy

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.

Just crazy as a bessie bug.

Speaking of which......
WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE??????????????????????
He got it from wearing a mask yet CNN just pulling out receipts left and right of him with no mask on surrounded by people and touching his face. This is why I don't believe people who be like "I ain't been out of my house since 2019 and Coronavirus blew in through the window and got me". :mad:

lavaflow99

Speaking of which......
He got it from wearing a mask yet CNN just pulling out receipts left and right of him with no mask on surrounded by people and touching his face. This is why I don't believe people who be like "I ain't been out of my house since 2019 and Coronavirus blew in through the window and got me". :mad:

Throw the whole man away. :angry2: What mask is he wearing? I see a neck bandana. What logic is this? That he got sick by wearing a mask? :whyme:

Lord make it make sense!! I'm tired.....

Karma....I am calling on you.....:look:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member

Speaking of which......
:rofl: at 'bessie bug'. It caught me off guard and now I'm :rofl:

Everything Zen

Hydroxychloroquine is an excellent example in risk management. Risk = Severity * Probability. Severity can be as high as death obviously and Probability as we are all learning is the R naught value of infection and as well as the likelihood of how severe are your symptoms going to be to the point of hospitalization and long lasting side effects of the disease (sequelae). Do the benefits of taking this drug outweigh the potential side effects? It’s not like coronavirus is more lethal like ALS or hemorrhagic fever like Ebola. Most people survive with mild to moderate symptoms so hydroxychloroquine is not an appropriate drug to tout to the public at large. An as more drugs are developed with less side effects hydroxychloroquine will go out of favor and the bar for coronavirus drug development will go up. How many drug companies do you hear about are out here competing with Tylenol and Ibuprofen? Not many bc the standards are already so high with minimal side effects.