The Covid-19 Thread: News, Preparation Tips, Etc

Black Ambrosia

^^^ His Go Fund Me is over $300k
https://www.gofundme.com/f/our-frie...ign=p_cp+share-sheet&utm_medium=copy_link-tip

My sister and I were talking about this earlier. He was on the news saying he doesn't understand how his mom got it because she always wore a mask. I don't recall what, if anything, was said about his dad but it's likely he gave it to his parents. All three tested positive but he was the only one that was asymptomatic. It's sad to speculate like this but I'm sure mom and dad weren't wearing masks around the house.

I understand he's staying with family but I can't imagine taking him in knowing that he's positive and two close relatives died of the virus.

Theresamonet

Oh my word. How embarrassing.

@Theresamonet, did you ever braid up?

We're probably going to have another lockdown, and I'm thinking about braiding up this time. That way, I don't have a worry about it for a few weeks at least.

(eta: )

Hope it all goes well @Evolving78

I did braid it. But not like the picture I posted. I basically just did small/smedium box braids the whole time. And then as lock down let up, I started alternating box braids one week, a braid out the next week. I’m pretty much still doing that.

Theresamonet

https://www.gofundme.com/f/our-frie...ign=p_cp+share-sheet&utm_medium=copy_link-tip

My sister and I were talking about this earlier. He was on the news saying he doesn't understand how his mom got it because she always wore a mask. I don't recall what, if anything, was said about his dad but it's likely he gave it to his parents. All three tested positive but he was the only one that was asymptomatic. It's sad to speculate like this but I'm sure mom and dad weren't wearing masks around the house.

I understand he's staying with family but I can't imagine taking him in knowing that he's positive and two close relatives died of the virus.

This is very possible, but I’ve also noticed that a lot of people’s definition of “always” doing something is actually like 65-90% of the time. Ain’t no telling who gave it to whom.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.

That's probably exactly what happened. Among the many blunders the government made early on, one of the biggest was telling young people that they were at the least risk.

Crackers Phinn

I totally smiled at this. Here I was, thinking that another lockdown is a bit much, but our PM just did the same and announced another two-week lockdown about 1/2 hr ago. It appears that everyone everywhere is going backwards.
I wasn't really following what other countries besides Korea and China were doing but the U.S. was b.s.'ing with the first lock down and completely fumbled the reopening and are still messing up. I'm guesstimating that the pooh will really be hitting the fan when these kids go back to school and end up orphans within the next month or two because that's what's coming. That followed by more nonbelievers gathering for Thanksgiving and then Christmas will ensure we do an Australia like lockdown in the new year.

Black Ambrosia

This is very possible, but I’ve also noticed that a lot of people’s definition of “always” doing something is actually like 65-90% of the time. Ain’t no telling who gave it to whom.
True but I heard mom was working from home so I believe her exposure was limited.
That's probably exactly what happened. Among the many blunders the government made early on, one of the biggest was telling young people that they were at the least risk.
Also true but I mostly think he gave it to his parents because he’s an athlete and they were practicing. You can’t social distance or wear masks in a contact sport.

awhyley

I wasn't really following what other countries besides Korea and China were doing but the U.S. was b.s.'ing with the first lock down and completely fumbled the reopening and are still messing up. I'm guesstimating that the pooh will really be hitting the fan when these kids go back to school and end up orphans within the next month or two because that's what's coming. That followed by more nonbelievers gathering for Thanksgiving and then Christmas will ensure we do an Australia like lockdown in the new year.

In the when? The US is going to need a lockdown by September/October to have any hope of flattening the curve in any decent manner. The protests are kinda/sorta dying down, so next month would be the perfect time, (if not before). Here's to hoping that Trump will institute the lockdown, before Biden does.

Black Ambrosia

In the when? The US is going to need a lockdown by September/October to have any hope of flattening the curve in any decent manner. The protests are kinda/sorta dying down, so next month would be the perfect time, (if not before). Here's to hoping that Trump will institute the lockdown, before Biden does.
He hasn’t accepted that the economy isn’t coming back. He still thinks things getting back to normal is going to get him re-elected. The polls will convince him to do something but it won’t be enough. Biden will brings the lockdown we need in January.

Evolving78

True but I heard mom was working from home so I believe her exposure was limited.

Also true but I mostly think he gave it to his parents because he’s an athlete and they were practicing. You can’t social distance or wear masks in a contact sport.
There was a baseball game going on yesterday. Not one player (teen) had on their mask, as well as parents and grandparents. Nobody practiced social distancing. I was looking out the window and yelling what is wrong with these people! They all looked like they just left from 45’s rally. We will not be able to get this thing under control if we keep doing stuff like this.
And that student in Indiana..the county board of health called the school and told them they have a student who tested positive. All of this on the first day of school? The parents knew and sent their kid to school anyway.

vevster

2 thoughts for the day:

1. I think the media is focusing on the # of cases where we should also look at the death rate. The death rate in many European countries is in the double digits and in certain places like Florida is is much lower e.g. 1.4 %
  2. Chatting with folks online I'm finding, and a poster on this thread did mention that it takes MORE vitamin D to boost levels. This white guy was telling me that he boosted his levels to 60 plus by taking 1,000 IUs per day and I'm taking 30,000 per day and am only at 42 ng/mls.

Everything Zen

There was a baseball game going on yesterday. Not one player (teen) had on their mask, as well as parents and grandparents. Nobody practiced social distancing. I was looking out the window and yelling what is wrong with these people! They all looked like they just left from 45’s rally. We will not be able to get this thing under control if we keep doing stuff like this.
And that student in Indiana..the county board of health called the school and told them they have a student who tested positive. All of this on the first day of school? The parents knew and sent their kid to school anyway.

Who called it that this was gonna happen?

Are there going to be consequences for this stuff or nah?

dicapr

2 thoughts for the day:

1. I think the media is focusing on the # of cases where we should also look at the death rate. The death rate in many European countries is in the double digits and in certain places like Florida is is much lower e.g. 1.4 %
  2. Chatting with folks online I'm finding, and a poster on this thread did mention that it takes MORE vitamin D to boost levels. This white guy was telling me that he boosted his levels to 60 plus by taking 1,000 IUs per day and I'm taking 30,000 per day and am only at 42 ng/mls.

Their have been several reports on MSNBC that point to how the death rate this summer for the US is a lot lower than what was happening in early spring. We have a better idea of how to treat the disease, drugs they are proven to be effective, and the group of individuals who are driving this later spike are not in the high risk group.

But we need to keep in mind this younger group who is driving the pandemic right now are showing more and more chronic disease which will continue to affect healthcare and maybe the economy for years to come. As one health expert noted the organ damage and its long term affects
may not be evident for 20 years. Death can’t be the only qualification of being “alright” with this disease.

Crackers Phinn

The gubment saying that young people were less likely to be affected is why athletes would be allowed to practice even after they watched that fool in the NBA catch it.

vevster

Their have been several reports on MSNBC that point to how the death rate this summer for the US is a lot lower than what was happening in early spring. We have a better idea of how to treat the disease, drugs they are proven to be effective, and the group of individuals who are driving this later spike are not in the high risk group.

But we need to keep in mind this younger group who is driving the pandemic right now are showing more and more chronic disease which will continue to affect healthcare and maybe the economy for years to come. As one health expert noted the organ damage and its long term affects
may not be evident for 20 years. Death can’t be the only qualification of being “alright” with this disease.
I said look at the death rate also not only.

Crackers Phinn

There won't be any lockdown until Trump is either out of office or secures a second term. The minimum for that is January 20 and it's not going to happen on day 1 if Trump is re-elected cuz he's going to want another inauguration.

ThursdayGirl

I totally smiled at this. Here I was, thinking that another lockdown is a bit much, but our PM just did the same and announced another two-week lockdown about 1/2 hr ago. It appears that everyone everywhere is going backwards.

I honestly wish the US was.... but we have a... let me shut my mouth...leader. This just aggravates me to no end. He has another opportunity to stop this, but I think he really does not see it. It is not on the radar. For a business man, he is terrible at numbers.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I honestly wish the US was.... but we have a... let me shut my mouth...leader. This just aggravates me to no end. He has another opportunity to stop this, but I think he really does not see it. It is not on the radar. For a business man, he is terrible at numbers.
Donald has NEVER been a businessman. He's ALWAYS been a con artist, a crook and a racist.
It's unfortunate for us that there are people in our country who admire him and feel he is deserving and capable to be the President of the United States. I despise him and I always have. When I awoke the morning after the election and saw he won, I was physically ill and almost four years later, I still feel ill.

yamilee21

Georgia is 5th among US states for total cases; 4th in new cases AND new deaths today; 12th in total deaths; 3rd among states in currently active cases - with more active cases right now than every country in the world other than Russia, India, Brazil, and the United States overall; and 8th in cases per million, which would be the 6th highest case rate in the world if it were an independent country! Schools shouldn’t even be open in Georgia, let alone crowded hallways with teens not wearing masks! What are they doing? o_O

meka72

If you think about it, he’s handling the pandemic just like he handled his businesses: lying and scamming.