The Covid-19 Thread: News, Preparation Tips, Etc

Lute

Fauci knew all this too. About the virus. I knew he was worthless.

All I saw Fauci doing is giving interviews with celebrities the latest, Tiffany Haddish. He is so well regarded, if he gave an interview stating the gravity and spreadability of the illness people would listen. I'm so glad I don't follow mainstream ANYTHING when it comes to health.

Gotta remember where he is. He is in a pit of wolves and snakes. Things is a total Game of Thrones situation and 4.5 is Jeoffery with Cersei tendencies and Fauci is Tyrion just trying survive until next season.

Fauci is no fool.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Yeah, he saves himself. But speak of the devil.....

You know what? :lol: Sometimes I wish that they'd just 'stop' trying to explain err' thang. Just say, "Take Vitamin D, C, Zinc"... etc. and then be done with it. Dat's it! For months all we hear from dis folkes' is a lot of stuttering and muttering and Uhhhh's and Ummm's and then they change it and then go back to it.

Am I making any sense? I hope so? :lol: The truth is, none of these people are sure of the information they are sharing.

The Bible says: "How long will you 'halt' between two opinions?" If it's Vitamin D say so and, let it be.

BTW: I have my 'Force of Nature' -- It didn't take a lot of words for you to share it with us. Nope! You named it and I claimed it and I love it. I'm ordering extra vials and extra spray bottles. One bottle for the Kitchen / eating areas; one for living room and entry areas; and the other for the Bathrooms.

vevster

BTW: I have my 'Force of Nature' -- It didn't take a lot of words for you to share it with us. Nope! You named it and I claimed it and I love it. I'm ordering extra vials and extra spray bottles. One bottle for the Kitchen / eating areas; one for living room and entry areas; and the other for the Bathrooms.
It’s so good, isn’t it? I took the NY Subway yesterday and had a small bottle with me. I also have a dedicated bottle at work.

naturalgyrl5199

As a person with a research background, I GET why he "quietly" supports it. We know that Vitamin D, Zinc will help with prevention. But people WILL tout that as a cure and made silly decisions. Go mask-less (but I got my vitamin D!), go to large gatherings mask-less (but I've been on Vitamin D and Zinc for weeks!).
In the science field we have to be careful. Its why the science research, and medical communities all cringed when 45 was touting the Hydrochloriquine as a cure, and they had to clarify the research, and the fact that it wasn't a silver bullet against COVID-19. But too late, people went rogue with it and many people literally died based on what 45 said. And that's irresponsible. People are STILL saying the gov't came back and lied about hydrochloroquine and that while they don't like Trump, he was right about it. People are conflating their COVID-19 positive journey, and saying they got access to the medication, took it and "were cured" when in real time, we have people who were positive, also had symptoms but not hospitalized and took NO Medicine and got better just as fast. And that's real-time...and the studies showed the same...some people died, many got better, and many in the control group got better just as fast....again with no meds....Science and research is funny. Everyone's body is just different. He can TRY and be clear and say, take this or that to help boost immunity and leave it at that. But people will conflate his statement and be reckless at the same time. When medicine and science really should "DO NO HARM." but here we are.
Sigh.

Shimmie

Staff member
It’s so good, isn’t it? I took the NY Subway yesterday and had a small bottle with me. I also have a dedicated bottle at work.
Each time I look at this, I smile because it's all natural. God bless you for sharing this. Not just words, but truly God bless you. Lysol has become 'extinct' -- or when it was available the price jumped from $3 a spray can to $30 sold by scavengers. I refused to pay for that.

There is a lot of support in this forum and I truly thank God for each of you and what you are sharing.
As a person with a research background, I GET why he "quietly" supports it. We know that Vitamin D, Zinc will help with prevention. But people WILL tout that as a cure and made silly decisions. Go mask-less (but I got my vitamin D!), go to large gatherings mask-less (but I've been on Vitamin D and Zinc for weeks!).
In the science field we have to be careful. Its why the science research, and medical communities all cringed when 45 was touting the Hydrochloriquine as a cure, and they had to clarify the research, and the fact that it wasn't a silver bullet against COVID-19. But too late, people went rogue with it and many people literally died based on what 45 said. And that's irresponsible. People are STILL saying the gov't came back and lied about hydrochloroquine and that while they don't like Trump, he was right about it. People are conflating their COVID-19 positive journey, and saying they got access to the medication, took it and "were cured" when in real time, we have people who were positive, also had symptoms but not hospitalized and took NO Medicine and got better just as fast. And that's real-time...and the studies showed the same...some people died, many got better, and many in the control group got better just as fast....again with no meds....Science and research is funny. Everyone's body is just different. He can TRY and be clear and say, take this or that to help boost immunity and leave it at that. But people will conflate his statement and be reckless at the same time. When medicine and science really should "DO NO HARM." but here we are.
Sigh.
Thanks @naturalgyrl5199 ... :yep: Yes, many people will conflate his statement and mix it with reckless behavior.

vevster

People are STILL saying the gov't came back and lied about hydrochloroquine and that while they don't like Trump, he was right about it.
There is something strange about the hydroxychloroquine situation. I say this because my cousin, an MD, was one of the first to get it when she contracted Covid in late Feb. it saved her life.
If you listen to Organic Olivia’s podcast she details her parents fight against covid. Her dad got the hydroxy too.

naturalgyrl5199

There is something strange about the hydroxychloroquine situation. I say this because my cousin, an MD, was one of the first to get it when she contracted Covid in late Feb. it saved her life.
If you listen to Organic Olivia’s podcast she details her parents fight against covid. Her dad got the hydroxy too.
I don't find anything strange about it. It helps who it helps. But its accelerated sickness and death in many. And that's how THAT class of medications work. DMARDs and some types of steroids literally require CONSENT and waiver just in case you die. I've been there. My preemie had to take a life saving steroid and we had to sign a waiver. We literally had nothing else. We signed it. She got sicker, and almost died but then she went back to "the woods." The result was 1) it didnt kill her 2) It didnt really help pull her back out of the woods either. So we moved her 2 hours away and at 4 months old and being only 5 lbs in weight...she got surgery. She is stopped to this day at airports wondering what that metal is in her chest.

From a standpoint of research, you can't then ethically say: Here is your cure!
Because 1) many ppl died on it 2) and for the people who took it and lived, there is literally NO WAY you would be able to prove they would have NOT survived without it. Maybe it got them off the vent faster when without it, they would have suffered on the vent a week or more. Or maybe they would have had 1-2 more miserable weeks, then eventually got better. You dont know! No one knows what "would have happened." Initial studies show the people with COVID who survived without the medication, did so JUST as fast and as frequently as those who got COVID and got the medication. So the government who is responsible for 330 MILLION souls did right by not signing it off as a tried and true cure for COVID-19.
Even vaccines have mile-long warnings. Even though 99% of the people who are vaccinated are FINE....1% of the people who are are maimed, adversely affected, or even die. That 1% is why there is a POT of money for people who are adversely affected to just sue against and win settlements. Its all a crap shoot.

naturalgyrl5199

Interesting to know. So much for HIPAA
You'd be surprised at what HIPAA DOES NOT cover.
Its really REALLY limited. My agency isn't covered by HIPAA at all, but you have to get a SPECIFIC court order within the narrowest legal statute to get medical history/records from us. It REALLY delays things in abuse cases and they need evidence from us. Even if the parents give consent to PROVE their is no abuse...it takes a LOT to get it. Parents would do better to come to us directly. Vice versa (cases of abuse that need and probably will find evidence) its a nightmare because it delays the length of time the child is helped.

vevster

From a standpoint of research, you can't then ethically say: Here is your cure!
I'm actually not saying here is the ubiquitous cure, but it s/b in the tool box to be used appropriately. I just think there is disinfo about this drug due to politics. The Sengalese use a sister drug, Chloroquine, with great success on their covid patients. I posted about that weeks ago in this thread.

My thing is do what you can diet wise and get your micro nutrients up to optimal levels to fight the virus naturally.

naturalgyrl5199

I'm actually not saying here is the ubiquitous cure, but it s/b in the tool box to be used appropriately. I just think there is disinfo about this drug due to politics. The Sengalese use a sister drug, Chloroquine, with great success on their covid patients. I posted about that weeks ago in this thread.

My thing is do what you can diet wise and get your micro nutrients up to optimal levels to fight the virus naturally.
Prevention and immune building goes a LONG way.

Right now, its currently available and still used. Its in limited supply because its the best medicine on the market for lupus and rheumatoid arthritis and Malaria. Now we have a pandemic and you can't produce enough of it. Worldwide. So in the US, they limit it to people who really really need it. If she lives in Senegal they may not have as many lupus patients or people with autoimmune disorders like we do, so it may be MORE available. I stand by the belief that people who live in African countries have better health and less chronic disease, so you likely see less death there from things we see MORE death from in the US. I don't think its an equal comparison.

naturalgyrl5199

I have been thinking about this. At one point did he not say we did not even need masks? I guess what his former coworker said about him and how unethical he is was true.
I've given him a side eye but really....I give him a pass. Initially, even the Surgeon General said the same. For some reason I think people really thought Americans would be better behaved about this, and so then no---a mask may not have made a difference. Him and the Surgeon General have rightly made an about face because no one could predict the Stupidity of our fellow countrymen lead by the H(Dummy)IC.

Think about who is going to test. I don't have a reason or urgency to test because I'm not at large gatherings or partying, or doing anything out the way that warrants an immediate need to know if I have COVID. Same for my circle of friends. Family. But I live in the city with the 4th largest increase of cases in the nation and they clog up the testing sites WEEKLY.

vevster

Prevention and immune building goes a LONG way.

Right now, its currently available and still used. Its in limited supply because its the best medicine on the market for lupus and rheumatoid arthritis and Malaria. Now we have a pandemic and you can't produce enough of it. Worldwide. So in the US, they limit it to people who really really need it. If she lives in Senegal they may not have as many lupus patients or people with autoimmune disorders like we do, so it may be MORE available. I stand by the belief that people who live in African countries have better health and less chronic disease, so you likely see less death there from things we see MORE death from in the US. I don't think its an equal comparison.
I also offered up my cousin, a doctor that was treated in NY. You are cherry picking. I hold my opinion of Fauci being less than worthless --- I can't see where he has added any value during this pandemic.

Last edited:

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
I don't care about changing anybody's mind.

In the March 2020 clip, Fauci said: “Right now in the United States people should not be walking around with masks … You should think of healthcare providers who are needing them and the people who are ill.”

The logic at the time was if people were sick they and the people who deal with them should wear a mask to protect everybody else. What was unknown in March was that the virus was being spread fastest by asymptomatic carriers and since carriers can't be identified without tests then everybody needed to wear a mask. When Fauci knew better he told the public how to do better.

naturalgyrl5199

I also offered up my cousin, a doctor that was treated in NY. You are cherry picking. I hold my opinion of Fauci being less than worthless --- I can't see where he has added any value during this pandemic.
I missed the detail about them being treated in NY. Fauci hasnt been overly helpful because he is being censored. Fair enough.
I'll also add: 100,000 people who do well on a treatment is good...but if 10,000 people die or worsen on the SAME treatment...its still not a tried and true silver bullet. So like I said...it works for who it works. In that regard none of that is a secret.

naturalgyrl5199

I don't care about changing anybody's mind.

In the March 2020 clip, Fauci said: “Right now in the United States people should not be walking around with masks … You should think of healthcare providers who are needing them and the people who are ill.”

The logic at the time was if people were sick they and the people who deal with them should wear a mask to protect everybody else. What was unknown in March was that the virus was being spread fastest by asymptomatic carriers and since carriers can't be identified without tests then everybody needed to wear a mask. When Fauci knew better he told the public how to do better.
Thank you. Cause NOBODY walking this green earth right now KNEW how this virus was going to act. We knew one was coming but viruses act how they gone act. Made worse when ppl behave recklessly.

vevster

Thank you. Cause NOBODY walking this green earth right now KNEW how this virus was going to act. We knew one was coming but viruses act how they gone act. Made worse when ppl behave recklessly.
That is why we should have adequate levels of Zinc, D, C and others...... but I'm not trying to convince anybody anymore. If you don't know by now....... carry on.

Shimmie

Staff member
God knows I'm blessed and don't need anything to sanitize for Covid, but I saw this and I want it!!!

One more thing to add to my list. :)

I'll say this. Folks are making a 'killing' who merchandise herbs/supplements; hand sanitizers /wipes, air purifiers; masks; disposable gloves; bathroom tissue; paper towels; bleach; alcohol; herbal teas............the list goes on and on. I'm stocking up now. Winter's coming. :lol:

vevster

One more thing to add to my list. :)

I'll say this. Folks are making a 'killing' who merchandise herbs/supplements; hand sanitizers /wipes, air purifiers; masks; disposable gloves; bathroom tissue; paper towels; bleach; alcohol; herbal teas............the list goes on and on. I'm stocking up now. Winter's coming. :lol:
You aren't lying, Shimmie. I went to buy Isopropyl Alcohol last week --- thinking I was going to pick 2 big bottles -- bought the last small bottle they had. The clerk said the shipment comes in and then just goes.....

Shimmie

Staff member
You aren't lying, Shimmie. I went to buy Isopropyl Alcohol last week --- thinking I was going to pick 2 big bottles -- bought the last small bottle they had. The clerk said the shipment comes in and then just goes.....
I need to make a 'Before Covid' list. I'm so serious :lol: It would be a list of price comparisons and item availability 'then' and 'now'.

For instance: I used to buy two 16 oz bottles of alcohol and peroxide for $1.00 ( .50 each). They are now $15 or more, depending on who the suppliers are. This is insane; totally insane with these price jumps. I stocked up on them (long before Covid) and thankfully, I still have a good supply.

Lysol, Clorox used to be $3.00 ..........Now the prices are just plain ridiculous; that's if you can find them. :nono: :nono: :nono:

vevster

I need to make a 'Before Covid' list. I'm so serious :lol: It would be a list of price comparisons and item availability 'then' and 'now'.

For instance: I used to buy two 16 oz bottles of alcohol and peroxide for $1.00 ( .50 each). They are now $15 or more, depending on who the suppliers are. This is insane; totally insane with these price jumps. I stocked up on them (long before Covid) and thankfully, I still have a good supply.

Lysol, Clorox used to be $3.00 ..........Now the prices are just plain ridiculous; that's if you can find them. :nono: :nono: :nono:
Clorox Comfort Gloves to wash dishes, I saw on amazon $17 for one pair. So I went to the local Key Food and got a no name for 99 cents. It is Crazy!!!

Shimmie

Staff member
Clorox Comfort Gloves to wash dishes, I saw on amazon $17 for one pair. So I went to the local Key Food and got a no name for 99 cents. It is Crazy!!!
Ebay...Sent me an update and several offers for Microban 24...I was :happydance: :yahoo: :happydance: But it didn't last long :cry4: :lol:

Not only were the prices high but the shipping was even higher for some of the sellers: $18 to $25 for shipping. :shocked: I . am . so . not . kidding. :nono:

Kanky