The Covid-19 Thread: News, Preparation Tips, Etc

Ganjababy

Are you ladies allowing your kids to Trick or Treat this year?

Three new families moved onto our street in the last few months. They all have 3 (or more, not sure) kids in each family.

They all moved from the city and we are rural. They are the only kids within a mile or more. I decided to come out of my comfort zone and made up 4 candy gift bags for each house and will drop them off early in the morning on their porches.

what are your plans for Halloween?

Last edited:

Ganjababy

I think all the low paid workers are taking the covid payout instead of working over on my side of the pond. I notice the supermarkets and coffee shops are severely short staffed. Long queues.

sunshinebeautiful

Ugh - I am so pissed.

I work at a community college in Florida. We've been successfully teaching remotely since the pandemic began. Our administrators sent out a survey asking faculty preference for teaching in the Spring semester, starting in January, teaching in-person or online.... and allegedly, the results came back stating the top preference was to teach in-person.

I am going to be incensed if we're not given an option to continue to teach remotely. I feel like we're in for a wild ride once flu season begins and now that our governor moved the state to Stage 3 :rolleyes: these covid cases are going to be on a serious uptick between now and then.

Update: Thankfully, we were given a choice of whether we wanted to teach on campus or not for Spring semester. I put in my request to teach 100% remotely. It was approved. Thank goodness.

meka72

Dr. Fauci is a career civilian federal employee and not a Trump appointee so I don’t see where he thinks he can just fire him all willy nilly. This isn’t The Apprentice.

But isn’t he trying to take away civil service protection from a group of federal employees? I wonder if he’s trying to do so for this reason, as well as meantime the ability to fire as many (perceived) disloyal employees?

TrulyBlessed

But isn’t he trying to take away civil service protection from a group of federal employees? I wonder if he’s trying to do so for this reason, as well as meantime the ability to fire as many (perceived) disloyal employees?

Yeah I’m now reading that he recently signed another silly executive order allowing him to do so. This is insanity and there has to be some recourse for these people. Fauci has around 40-50 years of government service.

oneastrocurlie

I watched a show on National Geographic yesterday about viruses. They basically went back and interviewed the same scientists they did when a did a similar special about Ebola. The scientists just sighed and shook their head like "we told ya'll. we freaking told ya'll."

Ever special I've watched on TV/Netflix/whatever about this or even old ones about other viruses told us this was coming if we did nothing. And nothing seems like exactly what we did.

dancinstallion

How much are you taking? You may want to take a little magnesium to aid in absorption.
Or consider taking the Vitamin D by Dr. Berg --- has magnesium in it plus zinc. Many bangs for your buck.

I was just thinking about you and how you recommended Dr. Berg. I ordered 2 bottles last night. Yes lots of bang for your buck.

Lately I havent been taking vitamin D regularly. When I was in New York I was taking 15,000 iu daily but these past few months I was barely taking any.

I am going to take 25,000 iu daily for starts since I am so low, I dont have concerns about toxicity for a while.

vevster

I was just thinking about you and how you recommended Dr. Berg. I ordered 2 bottles last night. Yes lots of bang for your buck.

Lately I havent been taking vitamin D regularly. When I was in New York I was taking 15,000 iu daily but these past few months I was barely taking any.

I am going to take 25,000 iu daily for starts since I am so low, I dont have concerns about toxicity for a while.
I agree, you won't be toxic. I am waiting on a bunch of tests results, including vitamin D to come back.

Kalia1

My Mother-in-law sadly has Stage 4 cancer. Yesterday she was experiencing shortness of breath and was taken to the hospital.

A few hours after her arrival a “Doctor” calls telling my husband that she’s COVID positive! My husband was confused as to how this could be possible for she’s been at home with a “bubble of caregivers” who are all negative.

This “Doctor” calls back and states the medical therapy that would now be instituted to treat her systems noting her oxygen levels were good.

Two hours later we get a call from her primary physician who has now seen her and they report she doesn’t have COVID?!?

We were in shock and what’s even more uncanny is that the “Doctor” who called my husband is unknown to the other physicians and unable to be identified as of yet by the hospital.

This is an example of why people shouldn’t be just left alone simply because they have COVID or otherwise. Patients need their family members to advocate for them especially when the healthcare they are receiving is inadequate.

Last edited: