The Covid-19 Thread: News, Preparation Tips, Etc

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Our chief medical officer sent a memo last night that our clinics are going back to appointment restrictions. Basically, unless you're pregnant, just delivered, are a newborn, or need a procedure, you will get a Telemedicine visit. Saying you're 'sick' will automatically get you scheduled for drive through COVID testing. New rash, bumps, or bruises can be scheduled as video telemedicine. We're still having to recycle PPE.

Me and DH are going on multiple supply runs from today until Saturday night. We still have a decent stockpile from my shopping in February and March but I'm really not in the mood for people anymore.

nycutiepie

Interesting...

These fools felt comfortable enough to board a ship with thousands of people? I like cruising but ain’t no way in hizell. How quickly they forget....that ship at the beginning of the pandemic was hearing multiple “you won’t be docking here” for days while sailing around. The body counts and infection numbers kept rising. I dgaf how cheap the ticket was.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
Just thinking out loud.

I have not been inside a grocery store since February. I've been in a drive thru twice since then. The only "retail" place I go to regularly is the gas station and after 9 years of marriage I finally go to the old man's $5/gallon place because I'm usually the only one there. I used to hunt for cheap gas but those places are backed up with cars and I don't want to be on the other side of the pump from anybody. I go to work, I go home and I've gone to a few doctors visits. That's my life. We used to eat out for dinner 2-3 days a week and lunch was my get out of the office and run errands but I use services for that now. I don't miss a lot of it but the old man is an extroverts extrovert and even though he's on Zoom from dusk til dawn, he's still depressed about not being able to run around meeting new people. I understand how marriages can fall apart when people are stuck at home with each other all day. There's only so much sex you can have and in mixed marriages (decent person/butthole, morning person/night owl, extrovert/introvert) at some point you're going to hit a brick wall, which is why I go into the office for at least 8 hours and he works from home. You would think it would be the other way around but he's far more disciplined for telecommuting than he can be trusted with social distancing. He comes from people who don't believe in personal space so social distancing is not second nature. Another benefit is we have time to miss each other which is something that I have never taken for granted with people but I have to remind my extrovert friends.

Rastafarai

The school systems that opened are starting to close again.

And didn't schools begin opening because Trump threatened cutting school aid if states refused to open? Now look what is required several weeks out.

And he is solely focused on Tweeting away about the demise of Fox News and him winning the general election. What a nightmare.

Ganjababy

So the Rona hit my hospital campus a week or two ago. Now it’s actually in my building. I had to send a worker home last night. I have been working with her closely all week and her results came in last night. My results were negative so far. I am just praying for the patients. They are very vulnerable. But the fact that so far only workers are getting it in the healthcare facilities in my lil town shows that masks work. These People are getting the Rona from their families and from socializing outside the hospitals. They did a chain of infection investigation and the people who got it in the hospital got it by eating in the staff rooms with the people who brought it from outside. So far no patient has it. But I’m sure that will change but our diligence around the patients has paid off so far.

So the masks work. I have been wearing two since yesterday.

Last edited:

Ganjababy

I have decided that I will take the vaccine. I am damned either way so I am taking my chances. I would be more cautious if I were still in my 20’s or 30’s. I have weighed the pros and cons and decided. I will just have to do my due diligence and use my research experience to do as much of my own research as possible.

Last edited:

Ganjababy

Cancer diagnoses have been down, drastically in some places, because people are not going in for check-ups plus it’s harder to get appointments with your healthcare provider these days unless it’s urgent and they are the first contact in the process towards diagnosis. Therefore, I see a big spike in cancer mortality next year and beyond...

vevster

I posted that I suspected my sister was the source of the c19 outbreak in my family. Nope. My mother confirmed that she was working on the c19 floor with a patient who refused to wear a mask. This ***** coughed in her face! Three days later, moma tested positive. :mad:
I was told if you work in healthcare with patients you s/b taking 100 mg zinc along with normalized Vit D levels and some C Daily.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
So the Rona hit my hospital campus a week or two ago. Now it’s actually in my building. I had to send a worker home last night. I have been working with her closely all week and her results came in last night. My results were negative so far. I am just praying for the patients. They are very vulnerable. But the fact that so far only workers are getting it in the healthcare facilities in my lil town shows that masks work. These People are getting the Rona from their families and from socializing outside the hospitals. They did a chain of infection investigation and the people who got it in the hospital got it by eating in the staff rooms with the people who brought it from outside. So far no patient has it. But I’m sure that will change but our diligence around the patients has paid off so far.

So the masks work. I have been wearing two since yesterday.
Do they give you face shields to use with the masks?

Whenever I do contact tracing, it always comes down to people not practicing what I tell them to do at work once they leave the premises. One of them was still having large family gatherings every Sunday with upwards of 50 people and no masks but nobody "seemed" sick so they thought they were good.

Black Ambrosia

There’s a local doctor who uses nebulized food grade hydrogen peroxide in his practice and claims to have successfully treated several covid patients. He has a study.

A Novel Approach to Treating COVID-19 Using Nutritional and Oxidative Therapies

I’d love to get input from our medical community here.
@Ganjababy
@dancinstallion
@B_Phlyy

Feel free to tag others I’ve overlooked.

Can you ladies take a look and weigh in on this? It’s relatively inexpensive and supposedly offers noticeable improvement after a few treatments.

I’m still taking my supplements and masking up but I like the idea of having something like this on hand. It only requires a nebulizer, food grade hydrogen peroxide, saline, iodine, and one other item I’m forgetting that I think is optional. He recommends supplements as well but I’m specifically asking for input on the hydrogen peroxide treatment. Is there any danger from inhaling .04% of peroxide and do you see any obvious red flags?

If this works I think we should all buy the ingredients now. This stuff could sell out quicker than toilet paper if it’s effective.

Kanky

There’s a local doctor who uses nebulized food grade hydrogen peroxide in his practice and claims to have successfully treated several covid patients. He has a study.

@Ganjababy
@dancinstallion
@B_Phlyy

Can you ladies take a look and weigh in on this? It’s relatively inexpensive and supposedly offers noticeable improvement after a few treatments.

I’m still taking my supplements and masking up but I like the idea of having something like this on hand. It only requires a nebulizer, food grade hydrogen peroxide, saline, iodine, and one other item I’m forgetting that I think is optional. He recommends supplements as well but I’m specifically asking for input on the hydrogen peroxide treatment. Is there any danger from inhaling .04% of peroxide and do you see any obvious red flags?

If this works I think we should all buy the ingredients now. This stuff could sell out quicker than toilet paper if it’s effective.
I’m not a doctor, but this sounds bad. Like might die if you try it bad.

Black Ambrosia

I’m not a doctor, but this sounds bad. Like might die if you try it bad.
I know how it sounds. That’s why I’m asking the doctors and nurses to weigh in. Also it’s a highly diluted concentration of food grade hydrogen peroxide which is different from the stuff on the shelf at cvs. It’s .04% and that makes me think there’s not much risk but I obviously don’t know that sure. So I’m asking.

vevster

I know how it sounds. That’s why I’m asking the doctors and nurses to weigh in. Also it’s a highly diluted concentration of food grade hydrogen peroxide which is different from the stuff on the shelf at cvs. It’s .04% and that makes me think there’s not much risk but I obviously don’t know that sure. So I’m asking.
I listened to an interview with the doctor a while ago and have food grade hydrogen peroxide on hand.

TrulyBlessed

Interesting...

Tickmaster is blame shifting now through clever wording lol. According to them this option is on the table for event organizers to decide. They’re just removing Tickmaster as responsible for the requirement/decision.

“There is absolutely no requirement from Ticketmaster mandating vaccines/testing for future events. Unfortunately, this has been widely reported and is incorrect. Ticketmaster does not have the power to set policies around safety/entry requirements, which would include vaccines and/or testing protocols. That would always be up to the discretion of the event organizer, based on their preferences and local health guidelines.”

“One idea to keep the event entry process as simple and convenient as possible is to find a way for fans to link their digital ticket to their negative test results, vaccine status, health declaration or any other info that is determined to greenlight access. This would allow fans to enter an event with one scan of their ticket, rather than entering and then having to wait in another line to show their health verification.

While we have no control whether or not these factors will come into play in the future, if there’s one thing we’ve learned, it’s to prep for as many scenarios as possible.

A few important things to note:

• This is still just a potential idea and is not being implemented at this time.
  • Like all safety/entry protocols, it would be up to the discretion of the event organizer to determine if they would like to ask attendees to provide a health verification.
  • If it were to be made possible, all health information would legally have to be stored with a 3rd party health care provider with HIPAA-compliance, not with Ticketmaster.”

Last edited:

dancinstallion

We did have a trial nebulizer at work and it didnt kill anyone. I dont know what was in it though. Also we were using a lot of other things simultaneously so I cant attest if the nebulizer worked.

This concept of the hydrogen peroxide nebulizer sounds intriguing. I will look into it.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn

@Ganjababy
@dancinstallion
@B_Phlyy

I'll have to read the paper when I get to work. My biggest concern would when and where the nebulizer would be used. We stopped all neb treatments at our clinic because of the potential of spread. Even though it's delivered through a mask, patients still have to breath in to receive the treatment which puts them at risk.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Here to support each of you...

:pray: :grouphug2: :pray:

in spite of all of the challenges, look how far each of you have come after all you have been through. With God’s help, you made it through the toughest part of this journey. You’re still here; tired, yes...but you are stronger. More aware. You did it, Ladies. You are still here, living and breathing and stronger than ever.

Keep breathing; keep praying; keep learning from this. History will marvel at you some day. Your amazing strength will teach others, that what tried to take you out, didn’t win.

God bless each of you.
Love,
Shimmie

Black Ambrosia

We did have a trial nebulizer at work and it didnt kill anyone. I dont know what was in it though. Also we were using a lot of other things simultaneously so I cant attest if the nebulizer worked.

This concept of the hydrogen peroxide nebulizer sounds intriguing. I will look into it.
This wasn't intended to be funny but I found it hilarious. :laugh:

Looking forward to getting your thoughts on the study.

yamilee21

Auntie Lori said Chicagoans can't go outside anymore again. I'll be amazed if JB Pritzker lets Illinois stay open past December 1. ...
Illinois has over 15,000 new cases *today* and there are still 9 hours left in the day! Everything should be locked down over there.

But the whole country is a Covid mess right now... a million new cases in one week, over 162,000 new cases yesterday alone... as if Trump’s voters are racing to catch and spread it before Biden takes away the opportunity. (I know, I know... cases are rising everywhere, including “blue” states.)

Ganjababy

@Ganjababy
@dancinstallion
@B_Phlyy

This is interesting. I know it has been used (in Nebulizer form) on patients with COPD and Bronchiectasis. I think I also read somewhere that it is being used as a prophylaxis in Italy by some healthcare professionals in the form of mouthwashes and nasal lavage. I also read that it may reduce the viral load when used as a mouthwash and as a nasal lavage as it kills the virus when it comes into contact on the mucosa.

But people would have to be very careful if they decide to use it as a Nebulize without a doctors supervision, it can cause serious harm (eg bronchospasm) if the concentration is wrong.

Last edited:

vevster

I just heard that the Pfizer vaccine is a Mrna vaccine which has NEVER been approved by the FDA.
If this is not the case pls let me know.